Minneapolis is Burning

F250

50 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Been a rough few days for the young mayor of Minneapolis...

Wait...   New information comes out and the Mayor acknowledges it and apologizes for the prior comment?

Whoa.  Our leaders can do that?

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

lmaoooo

I need someone to give a play by play on this or post better video. Was he being threatened?  Was he just out hunting?  Did he shoot someone?  Did he get killed at the end?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I need someone to give a play by play on this or post better video. Was he being threatened?  Was he just out hunting?  Did he shoot someone?  Did he get killed at the end?

Here is a better angle. They beat the shit out of him and lit his car on fire. He also got arrested. Apparently he was antagonizing the protestors in SLC.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Not even close.  Austin is more than 5x the population and only 68% white.    Eugene is less than 2% African American.    Austin is over 8. 

This is like when 23andMe told me I was 1/500 African and I was like "Oh HELL yeah."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Not even close.  Austin is more than 5x the population and only 68% white.    Eugene is less than 2% African American.    Austin is over 8. 

Sounds like Austin is a real Rainbow Coalition.

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Some points on these tweets

- 5 is a really small sample size

- notwithstanding, 20 percent in protest against (alleged) racist police abuse against non-whites arrested found to have white supremacists sentiments is pretty damn huge

- data of arrests and incarcerated provided by law enforcement, the very entity at center of dispute

- no differentiating of instigators or subsequent actors 

- not sure if there's much significance between "majority" or critical mass of instigators, or if this was ever actually claimed

White guy looking to make things look bad and start some looting would not want to get arrested, but do as much damage as possible.   I can easily see where someone could break the glass out of a business, pry open the doors of a Target, then move on quickly.  Maybe down the block he tosses a molotov cocktail into the hardware store.  He's gone, long gone by the time the cops show up.  Who is there when the cops arrive to make arrests are locals who are committing burglary.  Notice how none of the arrests are for breaking and entering?   Because the fucker who did that is long gone.   Check out the vid in the tweet above to get the idea how it could go down.   

Therefore the arrest records could definitely be skewed to locals plundering, the instigators having fled already.  

Not saying plundering is good, nor arson, but to dismiss the idea of people from outside doing this shit because they weren't caught is pretty naive.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

On the topic, though, we DO need to be extremely careful of this "outside agitators" line because it's a common one from the fascist perspective and it is often use to delegitimize organic unrest. As usual, you have to think of the source and what they mean in an honest way. Which isn't done on Twitter which is why people need to stop paying so much attention to Twitter for punditry/commentary.

We are seeing this unfold all over the country, and the outsiders aren't of one ilk,  but of several, from both sides of the spectrum, apparently.  Making hasty snap judgments on spotty records/data is dangerous.  

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

I think we will see more to support this, but the 80% was a very ill advised shot in the dark.   From what I have seen some LEOs were tracking social media to get an idea what was headed their way, right?  

24 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

lmaoooo

This one idiot basically caused a short-fused situation into something the police deemed a riot, who then reacted predictably.   

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Between rona and these protests having commercial real estate is just not worth it. 

Yeah I am just fine staying in the suburbs and won't be an urban dweller anytime soon. 

Covid 19 and these riots are two great arguments for remaining out here in the burbs where I can socially distance very, very easily and don't rely on mass transit.