Minneapolis is Burning

F250

don't see a separate thread specifically for local protests... just dropped my niece and two friends off about 2 blocks from APD hq... looked like a few hundred people at least, and driving out thru downtown los of people still streaming in. 

leaving down 15th, passed DPS staging area,  looked like at least 50+ officers and maybe 30 vehicles, they appeared to be gearing up.

hope it stays safe and calm, told the girls to walk west into d/t if it gets scary and call.

those girls spend a lot of time online following all of this. privileged young white females headed to college this year (#nopics)... and they are seriously pissed off themselves. good for them. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

don't see a separate thread specifically for local protests... just dropped my niece and two friends off about 2 blocks from APD hq... looked like a few hundred people at least, and driving out thru downtown los of people still streaming in. 

leaving down 15th, passed DPS staging area,  looked like at least 50+ officers and maybe 30 vehicles, they appeared to be gearing up.

hope it stays safe and calm, told the girls to walk west into d/t if it gets scary and call.

those girls spend a lot of time online following all of this. privileged young white females headed to college this year (#nopics)... and they are seriously pissed off themselves. good for them. 

KVUE feed: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1DXxyeqVjRVxM

• Like 3

Guest Lobo
4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

“There he is! The ANTIFA! He shot Cyrus!”

He's the one!  He shot Cyrus!  

An-ti-fa...come out to play.  

The number of white people starting shit with LEO's at these things is odd to me.  

13 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Two things,  I’ve spent a bunch of time in Minnesota and Michigan.  The folks I hung out with for work, were no more or less racist than the folks I’ve grown up with in Texas.  But if your point is they have a sense of superiority over Texans over racism , then I agree, to the extent they shouldn’t.   And to be clear, i really enjoy your insight, especially about legal issues.   But your post m this came across wrong/weird to me. 

Thanks. Perhaps it was poorly worded, but it sounds like we're in sort of general agreement.

I think a lot of people promote a stereotype of these really benevolent Scandinavian types in Minnesota that are progressive in everything and non-racist.  But, like just about everywhere else, get out of the big city and there's a healthy streak of redneck racist ignorance, even among the Scandinavian types (there really are a shit ton of Scandinavians in Minnesota).  It doesn't often get pointed at blacks because there are no blacks at whom to point it.

Edited by TwiceHorn

So, I spoke to a friend who works closely with the Biden campaign and apparently, Klobuchar was the lead veep candidate until it came out that she let the murderer cop off in the past. It was almost a lock. Back to the drawing board.

5 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

So, I spoke to a friend who works closely with the Biden campaign and apparently, Klobuchar was the lead veep candidate. It was almost a lock.

tumblr_inline_mstypdYMyv1qz4rgp.gif

Jfc Klobs. The bases are loaded in the bottom of the 9th, you just need to punch a single through, not hit a grand slam and definitely not hit into a god dammed triple play like Klobs would do. Anyone and everyone who pushed Klobs as the vp pick needs to be sent to the Donald campaign. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

So, I spoke to a friend who works closely with the Biden campaign and apparently, Klobuchar was the lead veep candidate until it came out that she let the murderer cop off in the past. It was almost a lock. Back to the drawing board.

This is unbelievable.  Why are they so dumb?  WHY

• Like 1

• Trump blamed antifa and radical leftists for violence in cities across the country on Friday
  • Minnesota Governor Tim Walz earlier suggested that foreign and extremist influences are fueling chaos
  • Walz hinted that white supremacists and drug cartels may be instigating the violence 
  • He said the riots resemble a 'military operation' and he is considering asking for Pentagon assistance. 
  • Said that widespread arson and looting made a 'mockery' of Floyd's death and is an attack on civil society 
  • Walz called for full mobilization of the state's National Guard for the first time in the state's history 
  • Protests devolved into chaos and violence in at least 30 cities across the country on Friday night
  • Federal protective officer in California and protester in Detroit were shot dead overnight
  • White House was besieged by hundreds of demonstrators attempting to break through Secret Service lines
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8372343/Furious-Gov-Minnesota-says-George-Floyd-protests-manipulated-international-forces.html

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

He's the one!  He shot Cyrus!  

An-ti-fa...come out to play.  

The number of white people starting shit with LEO's at these things is odd to me.  

not all white people are born with silver spoons and $75 million in the bank from their daddy. They may not be getting targeted by cops for brutality but a lot of them are poor and marginalized in other ways and pissed off. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
15 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Acevedo (dabbing under eyes with a hankie)..."They grow up so fast, you know?  You just want 'em to follow in your footsteps by be their own person...you know?  I promised myself I wasn't get choked up."  

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

And of course he's a major instigator causing it to get out of control. During the Ferguson riots this could have happened but the president and fed where are front and center in calming the insanity. Now the president is actively throwing gasoline on the fire and going a long way to endangering the lives of millions of citizens as well as the police he supposedly supports. 

In the end though the police have a lot of control over this situation. If they come out and renounce the murdering brutality cops and pledged to work towards better culture of weeding out brutal cops then their jobs in time would get a whole lot easier and less dangerous. Police have always relied on support from the public that vastly outnumbers them yet they've gone out of their way to alienate a large percentage of the country. They deserve the danger they are in now. 

• Like 3