Trump’s Gestapo in Portland

Hugo Stiglitz

Americans may be lazy and entitled. but if we get pissed off and rally around something together, I have faith that we will get shit done. I’m not sure trump and his cronies understand what they’re doing. I think they think we will just back down and go home. Not happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Can't wait to see the endgame in all this. Probably will continue and escalate until election night.

Depends on what the Feds do. The Portland protests were tapering off until the Feds showed up and took things to 11. The current state of protest is a reaction to Federal engagement. The BLM Movement and city of Portland can't really settle things when the Feds are pouring gasoline on the fire and fanning the flames.

• Like 1

So how does this thing end?

I realize they do things differently than I do in Portland, and I'm too damn old to go out there and protest every night, but does this move into a stage of purely peaceful (no law enforcement escalations) at some point, and if so, when?

I don't see this as negatively affecting anti-Republican voting at this point unless it escalates even more.  From a purely selfish, don't give a damn about Portland desire to see all the Republicans thrown out, I'd like to see things cooling down by early October.

6 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

If the feds continue: Deaths.
If the feds leave: No deaths.

If we want to go back to normal without making any fundamental changes, then we're going to need bread and circus. We don't have either right now, so we're seeing the rot and we're mad at the rot.

Just distract us again!

"Luckily, queer ones like her don't happen, often. We know how to nip most of them in the bud, early. You can't build a house without nails and wood. If you don't want a house built, hide the nails and wood. If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it be all those than that people worry over it. Peace, Montag. Give the people contests they win by remembering the words to more popular songs or the names of state capitals or how much corn Iowa grew last year. Cram them full of noncombustible data, chock them so damned full of 'facts' they feel stuffed, but absolutely `brilliant' with information. Then they'll feel they're thinking, they'll get a sense of motion without moving. And they'll be happy, because facts of that sort don't change. Don't give them any slippery stuff like philosophy or sociology to tie things up with. That way lies melancholy. Any man who can take a TV wall apart and put it back together again, and most men can nowadays, is happier than any man who tries to slide rule, measure, and equate the universe, which just won't be measured or equated without making man feel bestial and lonely. I know, I've tried it; to hell with it. So bring on your clubs and parties, your acrobats and magicians, your dare-devils, jet cars, motorcycle helicopters, your sex and heroin, more of everything to do with automatic reflex. If the drama is bad, if the film says nothing, if the play is hollow, sting me with the Theremin, loudly. I'll think I'm responding to the play, when it's only a tactile reaction to vibration. But I don't care. I just like solid entertainment."

• Hook 'Em 1

It is my opinion that we are at a stalemate in regards to the federal occupation.

Those cunts have created their own bastardized version of the Alamo. 

The fucktarded trumpkin base will see it as such, and rally as only the stupidest of fucks can rally 

What that means? I dont know. I am not in that spectrum of "reality".

• Hook 'Em 1

The English, despite all their flaws, created the greatest legal system the world has ever known.
A very large part of that was the English common law system largely based on trial by jury. We inherited that.
What that mean was during a trial your fate was not judged by the king, or nobles, but on 12 men (not women, pre “me too” movement) similar to you.
This was revolutionary because it meant that law was decided by the common man. So the entire group, not the elites, judged an individuals actions based on the action of that individual. And that was the law.
What fascism and trumpism does, is punishes the entire group in question, not the individual, based on an individuals action. It is the opposite of what are founding fathers intended and is a hallmark of fascist ideology. That is what trump supporters are unwittingly supporting. At least the ignorant ones are. Guys like Stephen Miller know exactly what they are doing.

fa7a098c37b8d644cd20618e8ecc1e58.jpg

Our little ‘ole Forefathers!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

It is my opinion that we are at a stalemate in regards to the federal occupation.

The fucktarded trumpkin base will see it as such, and rally as only the stupidest of fucks can rally 

If you do come down next week, and you want to report on what you see there, bring a thing of water, goggles, a better mask than cloth one, and maybe get a few shots in ya.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Danmit danmit

Edited by workswithseed
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Damnit!

Edited by workswithseed

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

get a few shots in ya.

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

get a few shots in ya.

2 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

get a few shots in ya.

Do you want him to get alcohol poisoning?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

If you do come down next week, and you want to report on what you see there, bring a thing of water, goggles, a better mask than cloth one, and maybe get a few shots in ya.

If I can clear it with my superiors I could be there week after next. Is your home large dog friendly?

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Hahaha all good my man. No way I make that drive. Currently looking for a place to stash Luna while I'm there.

Maybe look into Vancouver, Hillsboro, Beaverton if nothing seems in your price range. All are close enough where you can easily travel to Portland.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, Huckleberry said:

This is 100% accurate. I am undergoing a shift from voting for Libertarians in national races to voting for Progressive Democrats where available because of this truth. Libertarians are never going to Endwin, and I've always leaned a little more toward the Democratic (high taxes but socially liberal) than Republican (low taxes but socially conservative) Party because my civil liberties are more important to me than my wallet.

And then once I realized in my 20s that the Republican party isn't even fiscally conservative there's never been a reason to vote for them again.

When a Libertarian has a chance to win I will probably vote for them.

There is plenty of overlap for a coalition when it comes to civil liberties.

The Ending Qualified Immunity Act was introduced in the House by Amash and Pressley with the other members of "The Squad" co-sponsoring the bill. It was introduced into the Senate by Progressives Warren, Markey and Sanders.

Amash is the only Libertarian in Congress and won't be around much longer but it would be great if there were more like him that could form coalitions around civil liberties with Progressives.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, F250 said:

Depends on what the Feds do. The Portland protests were tapering off until the Feds showed up and took things to 11. The current state of protest is a reaction to Federal engagement. The BLM Movement and city of Portland can't really settle things when the Feds are pouring gasoline on the fire and fanning the flames.

The shadow military rollout in DC Lafayette Sq got everyone's attention.  AG Barr and Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley walked alongside Trump in that violent photo-op.  Gen. Milley immediately and publicly expressed regret for appearing there.  So it got hobbled from the start.  And now no one is buying the "city in anarchy at the hands of antifa" trope.  I'm hearing people here not forgetting that police and criminal justice reform is necessary, but that this militaristic force turned on peaceful protesters with snatch and grab and use of blinding munitions is dangerous as hell.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

I realize they do things differently than I do in Portland, and I'm too damn old to go out there and protest every night, but does this move into a stage of purely peaceful (no law enforcement escalations) at some point, and if so, when?

I don't see this as negatively affecting anti-Republican voting at this point unless it escalates even more.  From a purely selfish, don't give a damn about Portland desire to see all the Republicans thrown out, I'd like to see things cooling down by early October.

The protest will continue with or without the militarized feds there, but will die down to normal portland_prolonged _protest (could easily be months), and move on from national attention once the feds leave.  I've been watching some live periscope protest feeds from downtown the last couple nights.  It's looks like they're leaving the fence alone, not defacing it or trying to breach it or pull it down.  No fire setting, but there are fireworks randomly getting set off.  I've seen a couple times where it looked like fireworks got tossed over the fence but not clearly at a fed.  All throwing shit over the fence should stop.  The leaf blower brigade is organized and effective.  If the perimeter fence is left alone and shit doesn't get hurled over the fence, this will stall and completely bleed out any benefit Trump imagines.  And now ACLU already has a hold of a leg.

• Hook 'Em 1

I can say this because I'm half-Mexican and some of my best friends are in lawn care...

can we stop and appreciate that Trump's toy army is being defeated by the LeafBlower, the official accessory of the undocumented immigrant?  This couldn't be more perfect unless 9 protestors all poured out of a 2003 F-250 crew cab and for some inexplicable reason, one guy was carrying a rake to a summertime riot.  

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

The shadow military rollout in DC Lafayette Sq got everyone's attention.  AG Barr and Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley walked alongside Trump in that violent photo-op.  Gen. Milley immediately and publicly expressed regret for appearing there.  So it got hobbled from the start.  And now no one is buying the "city in anarchy at the hands of antifa" trope.  I'm hearing people here not forgetting that police and criminal justice reform is necessary, but that this militaristic force turned on peaceful protesters with snatch and grab and use of blinding munitions is dangerous as hell.

The protest will continue with or without the militarized feds there, but will die down to normal portland_prolonged _protest (could easily be months), and move on from national attention once the feds leave.  I've been watching some live periscope protest feeds from downtown the last couple nights.  It's looks like they're leaving the fence alone, not defacing it or trying to breach it or pull it down.  No fire setting, but there are fireworks randomly getting set off.  I've seen a couple times where it looked like fireworks got tossed over the fence but not clearly at a fed.  All throwing shit over the fence should stop.  The leaf blower brigade is organized and effective.  If the perimeter fence is left alone and shit doesn't get hurled over the fence, this will stall and completely bleed out any benefit Trump imagines.  And now ACLU already has a hold of a leg.

Last night there were a bunch of lawyers there. I saw one person identify themselves as ACLU.

I can say this because I'm half-Mexican and some of my best friends are in lawn care...
can we stop and appreciate that Trump's toy army is being defeated by the LeafBlower, the official accessory of the undocumented immigrant?  This couldn't be more perfect unless 9 protestors all poured out of a 2003 F-250 crew cab and for some inexplicable reason, one guy was carrying a rake to a summertime riot.  

Need a statue of a guy with a three cornered hat grabbing a leaf blower.

c1205722495de733854b52bafed94e7e.jpg

"Here’s where I went wrong: I never imagined that a president would use unconfirmed puppets like acting DHS secretary Chad Wolf and his deputy, Ken Cuccinelli, to terrorize our own citizens in our own country. Our goal then had been to protect our own people, not hurt them, not harm them, not hunt them down on the streets of Portland or any other city. There was no protection built into this bill to stop a power-hungry president from misusing a powerful federal police force, hidden in disparate agencies, controlled by one agency head — the thought never even occurred to me."

9b3.png

Edited by F250
qoute messed up
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, F250 said:

"Here’s where I went wrong: I never imagined that a president would use unconfirmed puppets like acting DHS secretary Chad Wolf and his deputy, Ken Cuccinelli, to terrorize our own citizens in our own country. Our goal then had been to protect our own people, not hurt them, not harm them, not hunt them down on the streets of Portland or any other city. There was no protection built into this bill to stop a power-hungry president from misusing a powerful federal police force, hidden in disparate agencies, controlled by one agency head — the thought never even occurred to me."

9b3.png

At it to the list of things that must be un-fucked.  It's a long list.  I'm guessing it'll take at least three terms of decent presidents to undo.  At least.

11 hours ago, F250 said:

9b3.png

It's not like there weren't plenty of people at the time warning against it and even pointing out that the use of the word "homeland" was reminiscent of the Nazi's "fatherland" and smacked of creeping fascism. 

Just one more in the long list of ways the George W. Bush presidency foreshadowed the Trump presidency. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's not like there weren't plenty of people at the time warning against it and even pointing out that the use of the word "homeland" was reminiscent of the Nazi's "fatherland" and smacked of creeping fascism. 

Just one more in the long list of ways the George W. Bush presidency foreshadowed the Trump presidency. 

These guys aren’t helping.  Fox News headline.

American mayhem: More rioting and lawlessness in cities across US

Saturday’s unrest included damage to federal buildings and local police precincts -- and even a fatal shooting

Barbara Boxer realizes that her former colleagues in the U.S. Congress can propose their own legislation that reigns in the funding to these paramilitary troops, as well as introduce robust oversight of how/when/why they are used...right?  Day to day operations still fall to the Secretary and the Executive, but the actual laws under which they can operate are clearly given to Congress by Article I.  Plus, purse strings. 

I'm glad she's having this coming to Jesus moment, but what this is what happens under an Imperial Presidency.  Congress can step up and do its job any fucking day now.  Half of the Congress under Obama was Democrat controlled (2 years of the House of Rep. and 6 years of the Senate)...why the fuck didn't anybody step up then to overhaul the DHS and reign in their powers?  Huh?  Everybody gets to wring their hands in retirement.  There isn't a Senator or Rep. that wouldn't take a meeting or call with you within 24 hours, Boxer.  You're not doing anything right now, pick up a phone and get somebody to get the wheels churning on some legislation.  At least get it filed this session and get working on it when the 2021 Congress is seated, which will probably give your party more favorable numbers anyway.  

Then she'll moan and cry, "Well, we didn't know they were going to turning into a federal police force."  What the fuck did you think the budget line item called "Weapons, Tactical Uniforms, Transport, Supplies, and Overtime Duty Compensation" was for?  So the fucking TSA could have a team-building paintball weekend in Montana?  It was to create a police force.  Rule #1 of Congress.  If you want to pick on a president of an opposing party, look at where his Departments are suspiciously spending money.  Boxer was a Coward.