2020 MLB thread

ss13

I hate the Dodgers but like their cardboard cutout of the guy from back in the 70’s and 80’s that was always behind home plate wearing a fedora and working the radar gun. 
I like that one of their cardboard cutouts got clocked in the face today by a homer and almost ripped the head off

16 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I hate the Dodgers but like their cardboard cutout of the guy from back in the 70’s and 80’s that was always behind home plate wearing a fedora and working the radar gun. 

That's pretty cool, I remember watching that guy all the way back to the HSE days.  He's too far off center though.  He was always right behind the plate, like here:

• Hook 'Em 1

Big news for Refugio’s Jared Kelley! 

The Chicago White Sox 2nd round pick was informed today that he made the team’s taxi squad for the 2020 season. 

Kelley is headed to Chicago tomorrow (weather pending) to start working out with the big league squad. #WhiteSox

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The Chicago White Sox 2nd round pick was informed today that he made the team’s taxi squad for the 2020 season. 

Kelley is headed to Chicago tomorrow (weather pending) to start working out with the big league squad. #WhiteSox

He only needs 5,715 strikeouts and he’ll get his name on a sign when you enter Refugio!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’d love to know what they put in the water in that town. 

The Marlins outbreak may be the first serious crack in any pro league's COVID plan. The team will spend an extra night in Philly rather than crowd onto a plane home, where they are scheduled to host the Orioles starting Monday night. The four positive players have to quarantine in Philly either way. Remember the Braves also lost a couple players, and they just hosted the Marlins a few days back. (Reds also dealing with multiple new cases)

It wouldn't be surprising to see new positives soon from the Marlins, Braves and Phillies. Miami can't afford to lose many more without scrapping some games. This will be a nervous week for MLB.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:15 PM, WBT said:

That's pretty cool, I remember watching that guy all the way back to the HSE days.  He's too far off center though.  He was always right behind the plate, like here:

Mike Brito.  Was there for YEARS.

That was an unusually good segment for ESPN on Dodgers Stadium with the stadium designer who has worked there and with Fenway and Camden.  Thinking about it, DS is probably my favorite mlb park.  It's not the same type of aura of the Rose Bowl, but it's pretty damn cool.  Can't be replicated because a lot of it has to do with the setting, the weather, and the 60's architectural kitsch.

Edited by clapclapclap

21 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Probably mentioned.

3 games in, nobody is 3-0 or 0-3. Every team is 1 game up or 1 game down in the division.

Wonder how many times that has happened.

Probably.  Who could say?