MillerEP

Ted Lasso (Apple+)

2 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I'm a big fan of Sassy Smurf. I hope she sticks around. 

If you're talking about Juno Temple... yes, please. 

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It’s just the right tone for right now.  Everything is so dreary and hateful out there I think everyone wants something thoughtful and happy. 

Remember when we could laugh at simple things?

7 hours ago, RPM said:

If you're talking about Juno Temple... yes, please. 

No, I was talking about the best friend of the owner that Ted called Sassy Smurf. Although, obviously I'm not turning down Juno Temple either.

12 hours ago, Brew said:

You got pretty close there.

Yeah, my scenario was kinda weirdly playing out, but Sassy is the wrench in the works...

And could Ted’s wife be more anxious to get the divorce papers signed? Chill, bitch. 

Coach Beard is one of the unsung delights of this show, he and Ted’s obscure, the-only-two-people-in-the-world-will-get-this connections are fun (kinda like J.D. and Turk in Lawrence’s Scrubs). Singing Lady Gaga was unexpected yet totally on brand.

This is Emmy/Golden Globe worthy. Which I didn't expect. And yet every Friday morning for the past several weeks the wife and I start the day by figuring out when we are going to watch Ted Lasso.

Owner will find out about Ted and Sassy Smurf and go back to trying to destroy the team. 

16 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It’s just the right tone for right now.  Everything is so dreary and hateful out there I think everyone wants something thoughtful and happy. 

Agree. This show has perfect tone right now. 

On 9/12/2020 at 2:43 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Spot on

That went a different direction than expected. 

Definite curve ball on that ending. Knew the matchup game was gonna be happening but yeah that ending was an “oh shit” moment

what a wonderful surprise. this is a truly great series. i have no idea how it works but it just does. the cast, the writing, the execution are all brilliant. funny, heart warming and breaking at the same time. just a wonderful series. if you havent started it, do it. its worth your time.