Ted Lasso (Apple+)

MillerEP

42 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

They were talking this show up on another forum.  I can't believe it's good.  The trailers, and the whole concept, seem so stupid.  Guess I'll have to give it a go.

that is what I thought as well, give it a chance it is so so good. 

Glad they got relegated. That’s the right ending. It means we’ll get to see lots of winning in the second season and the glory of promotion. 

Somebody earlier was dead on about the love of callbacks. This time, it was Jamie making the extra pass like Ted told him. Gonna be interesting what happens to Jamie next season. He has to wind up back at Richmond to help earn promotion. 

What an excellent season of TV. I’m gonna rewatch it soon. 

Season 2 starts filming in January. 

hg put me on this show recently and it is outstanding. i'm late to the party, i know, but damn- this show was made for me. i've already ni he's S1 and am now going through it again with my mom. Jason Sudeikis is a brilliant comedic actor, and he was born for this role. man i can't wait for S2 now.

re: the end of the season, i'm kind of glad that they got relegated. the storyline of the team trying to get back to the EPL could be great. 

On 9/9/2020 at 9:54 AM, Speedtrucker said:

Was pretty shocked at this weeks ender with dual Aces.

Also the AI reference had me in tears almost immediately, to the point that when it ended I had to stop and show the wife the original. She loved AI even though she barely cared about the NBA so she thought it was greatness.

I’m hooked on this show and honestly the weekly drop feed format is killing me, especially when they post nexts weeks episode with “drops on 9/11”

as soon as he said, "we sitting in here and you s'posed to be the franchise player", my ears perked up, and i moved to the edge of my seat to see if it was going where it sounded like it was going. it sure was, and i was laughing so hard i had to stop and go back. awesome scene. 

• 4 weeks later...
This has been my favorite tv show in a long time.

We could use more shows with this tone, imo.

Also, our living room is very, very dusty.

Only halfway through the season. Purposely trying to not binge through it. Agreed 100%, writing, directing, characters are all perfect especially for 2020.

so how does Jamie Tartt return to AFC Richmond?
something is going to happen in the last match against Man City.  Richmond will either draw or win to avoid relegation.  Jamie gonna shank a PK on purpose? doubt it.  but something wonky has to happen in that game.

The soccer in me questions how he is 23, a phenom, and on loan. None of that checks out. Still excited to see it play out.

Question for soccer fans- does each popular star player get their own chant or is there a set number of standard chants and they just insert the player name based on if the name fits musically or the chant is generally about a defining characteristic of the player?

If every beloved star gets their own unique chant who comes up with them and why don't we have chants for Vince, Colt, Ricky, Earl etc?  Is this just a UK thing?  And speaking of, how many countries are in this country?

Question for soccer fans- does each popular star player get their own chant or is there a set number of standard chants and they just insert the player name based on if the name fits musically or the chant is generally about a defining characteristic of the player?
If every beloved star gets their own unique chant who comes up with them and why don't we have chants for Vince, Colt, Ricky, Earl etc?  Is this just a UK thing?  And speaking of, how many countries are in this country?

Yes.
Sometimes.
Chants and singing are much more a European thing, but could be fun if they caught on over here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The episode where Ted has a panic attack was so well done. At first when he was yelling at Nate, I thought maybe the outward Ted was hiding an inner demon that he was keeping at bay and that he was not really the guy he portrays himself to be. I'm glad that wasn't the case and he's just a naturally happy person who couldn't handle the stress of his divorce. The bit where he yells at Jaime about being selfish and is word for word doing Allen Iverson talking about practice was probably the hardest I laughed. My wife just stared at me not understanding why it was so hilarious. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The episode where Ted has a panic attack was so well done. At first when he was yelling at Nate, I thought maybe the outward Ted was hiding an inner demon that he was keeping at bay and that he was not really the guy he portrays himself to be. I'm glad that wasn't the case and he's just a naturally happy person who couldn't handle the stress of his divorce. The bit where he yells at Jaime about being selfish and is word for word doing Allen Iverson talking about practice was probably the hardest I laughed. My wife just stared at me not understanding why it was so hilarious. 

I recall that the cynic in me kept waiting for the first or second episode “reveal” that Ted was actually an asshole, and then found real joy in discovering that wasn’t going to happen
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 5:23 PM, Sbbruin said:

would teens have any interest?  Always looking for some common ground on shows, which seems harder and harder to find.

I've been thinking about it myself. My daughter is 15 and I'd have no problems letting her watch it but my 13-year-old son isn't quite ready, despite the show having a wonderful message.

I binged the show two weeks ago. Finished it in three nights, I think. That never happens with me. I watched the last three or four in one sitting. Was knocking down wine over the holidays and they were so good, I had to keep going. "One more and then I'll go to bed," I kept telling myself. Next thing I know, it's over and it's 3:30 AM. This show should NEVER have been as good as it was. It just left me with good feelings and a smile on my face. Also reminded me I need to do a better job of dusting the house.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 9:40 AM, C-Man said:

I've been thinking about it myself. My daughter is 15 and I'd have no problems letting her watch it but my 13-year-old son isn't quite ready, despite the show having a wonderful message.

I binged the show two weeks ago. Finished it in three nights, I think. That never happens with me. I watched the last three or four in one sitting. Was knocking down wine over the holidays and they were so good, I had to keep going. "One more and then I'll go to bed," I kept telling myself. Next thing I know, it's over and it's 3:30 AM. This show should NEVER have been as good as it was. It just left me with good feelings and a smile on my face. Also reminded me I need to do a better job of dusting the house.

the downside is that when a smash hit comes from nowhere, a bunch of inept hollywood execs will try like hell to replicate it, to absolutely zero success.  you can set your watch by it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the downside is that when a smash hit comes from nowhere, a bunch of inept hollywood execs will try like hell to replicate it, to absolutely zero success.  you can set your watch by it.

Looking forward to Mike Lariat's adventures in the Bundesliga

• 2 weeks later...