Jump to content
luke duke

Check Out This Fucking Taco

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Still trying wrap my head around guisada without cumin. 

It's a super simple dish.  And seriously, it was weird to me the first few times I ordered it out and tasted comino.  I like it.  Just different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:


Honestly you could probably mush it up put it in a tortilla like a burrito and fry it then drizzle chocolate on top

I’ve eaten peanut butter and Nutella on a toasted flour tortilla, because we were out of saltines.  If that’s wrong I don’t wanna be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Still trying wrap my head around guisada without cumin. 

no joke.  I’ve never enjoyed guisada without full release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is classic Shaggy. Arguments about how to cook eggs, arguments about what should or should not be in breakfast tacos, recipe sharing, etc. All started by OP who started this thread after posting in the Hey Steel Shank thread first where his taco belonged to begin with and should have ended there.

 

Team rice/beans/potatoes can be in breakfast taco 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cumin is like cilantro -- some people have a near-violent aversion.

Personally, I'm team comino and team cilantro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

What kinda asshole eats rice for breakfast?  

Tamago kake gohan -- it's freaking delicious:

20140416-tamago-kake-gohan-recipe-16-150

 

So, like, a buncha Japanese people eat rice for breakfast.  And I do too, from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

What kinda asshole eats rice for breakfast?  

I ate leftover fried rice this morning.  When I lived in Honolulu, our favorite breakfast place always had pork fried rice as a side to their scrambled egg dishes, and I always thought "Why the hell not?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I ate leftover fried rice this morning.  When I lived in Honolulu, our favorite breakfast place always had pork fried rice as a side to their scrambled egg dishes, and I always thought "Why the hell not?"

Amen.  I mean, I presume you were reading from the book of Steel Shank, 3:16.  That is some gospel truth when making eating decisions right there:  "Lo, I say unto you -- when presented with foodstuffs, thou shalt say "why the hell not?" and consume them."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ate rice and beans and plantains for breakfast every single day I was in costa rica for a whole summer in college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What kinda asshole eats rice for breakfast?  


Well your mom ate the rice out of my asshole for breakfast this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, luke duke said:

 


Well your mom ate the rice out of my asshole for breakfast this morning.

 

You got Vibrio? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, futureman said:

I ate rice and beans and plantains for breakfast every single day I was in costa rica for a whole summer in college. 

 

20200901_194515.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Tamago kake gohan -- it's freaking delicious:

20140416-tamago-kake-gohan-recipe-16-150

 

So, like, a buncha Japanese people eat rice for breakfast.  And I do too, from time to time.

Tamago kake gohan?

Now THAT'S what I call a TACO!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 12:50 PM, luke duke said:

 

If sandwiches have their own thread, then tacos deserve one too.

 

Yesterday’s breakfast:

Corn/flour hybrid tortilla from Central Markup

Rice and beans that I made last weekend

Leftover brisket, also from last weekend

Scrambled egg

Cheese

Tabasco

 

c2c22579bfe3c782be5b205b64715853.jpg

 

 

It looks great.  I'll be over to your place for breakfast tomorrow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

If I get up in the morning and all I've got to eat is eggs and rice, guess what I'm having for breakfast, bitches?

I’d go with the eggs...but that’s just me.

Of course, having never been in that situation...I’d have probably gone with eggs, bloody Marys, bacon, mimosas, sausage, etc.

But again, just me 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I’d go with the eggs...but that’s just me.

Of course, having never been in that situation...I’d have probably gone with eggs, bloody Marys, bacon, mimosas, sausage, couple of trashy drunk chicks, etc.

But again, just me 🤷‍♂️

tweaked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of a "check out this fucking taco" moment, I had one myself here in SA the other day...

IMG_1500.JPG

Edited by Cajun
Guisada needs more carne, but otherwise pretty fuckin' good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speaking of a "check out this fucking taco" moment, I had one myself here in SA the other day...
IMG_1500.JPG.c3fbe3eb8566f209cf7d4d8f49039c81.JPG

What place is that from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_1501.JPG

Edited by Cajun
Address: 2314 Steves Ave, San Antonio, TX 78210

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speaking of a "check out this fucking taco" moment, I had one myself here in SA the other day...
IMG_1500.JPG.c3fbe3eb8566f209cf7d4d8f49039c81.JPG

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Landomatic said:

What kinda asshole eats rice for breakfast?  

You want to know how i know you've never been to Asia.  

Edited by RollLeft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Today it will be Rolando's Super Taco...
 
rolando-s-super-taco.jpg.0cf71ec78ace426f0a2f4c20c4452fea.jpg

You need to complete the trifecta tomorrow by eating the Okie at Las Palapas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done it many times, but that's a 2:30am'er after Midnight Rodeo and, unfortunately, those days are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

You want to know how i know you've never been to Asia.  

Plenty of assholes in Asia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goddamn....Cajun's posts make me hungry as shit.  The tacos look good, but it's the fluffy homemade flour tortillas that make them transcendent.  A couple of years ago, the boy had a baseball tournament somewhere on the SW side of SA.  Between games, I had time to kill, and drove up and down a road that had a shitload of businesses with signs in spanish.  I found a store that made and sold perfect flour tortillas.  I bought 6 dozen to bring home (they freeze just fine).  Every taco I made for months tasted like S. Texas.  

I'm fucking jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salt Lick : Austin BBQ | Las Palapas : SA Tex-Mex

I don’t go to Palapas for the Mexican food. I’ve never actually had enchiladas or tacos in my 30+ year history of eating there. I go for the Okie, breakfast tacos, or their huevos rancheros.

Here are some breakfast I made this morning. Bean, bacon, egg, and cheese.

7dc0de40bfe07bab558e7392f9e6bcc4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, luke duke said:

 


Well your mom ate the rice out of my asshole for breakfast this morning.

 

Why was there rice in your ass? 

Edited by Js1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Goddamn....Cajun's posts make me hungry as shit.  The tacos look good, but it's the fluffy homemade flour tortillas that make them transcendent.  A couple of years ago, the boy had a baseball tournament somewhere on the SW side of SA.  Between games, I had time to kill, and drove up and down a road that had a shitload of businesses with signs in spanish.  I found a store that made and sold perfect flour tortillas.  I bought 6 dozen to bring home (they freeze just fine).  Every taco I made for months tasted like S. Texas.  

I'm fucking jealous.

Now I'm just being mean...

Restaurant-Style-Flour-Tortillas-on-a-plate-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, Beau Vine said:

Come on, mang, do it right: 

https://www.mexicanplease.com/reconstitute-re-hydrate-dried-chili-peppers/

This is a hill I'm willing to die on -- for the life of me, I don't understand why people in Texas insist on using chili powder out of a jar.

I'm lazy, but will make my own chili seasoning for my carne adovada recipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 3:28 PM, Landomatic said:

What kinda asshole eats rice for breakfast?  

You hate Central America tambien?

Rice is delicious with breakfast but should never be placed inside a taco... Of any kind...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drunk Stoner said:

You hate Central America tambien?

Rice is delicious with breakfast but should never be placed inside a taco... Of any kind...

 

Username does not check out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...