Jump to content
Mileslong

Van Nuys Blvd - 1972 in Pictures

Recommended Posts

There is so much right with that 1st picture. It should be the real "murica, fuck yeah" photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Damn.  Them legs in pic 1.  Wow

the ass on the girl on the left.  zoom in on it.  it’s elite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first pic, the one on the left.  That's an ass for which to break empires.  Before squats, before injections, before deceiving garments.  It's just an American Cherry.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have tried multiple times to explain to my sons the allure of cruising, as it were, back in the day.

All i ever needed to flip the switch of understanding was that first photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Looks like images from Dazed and Confused.

Nope. American Graffiti. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Blotto said:

There is so much right with that 1st picture. It should be the real "murica, fuck yeah" photo.

I'm not an old, but yeah, I got nostalgic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that the sign across the street is cut off and only reads "Century Used"...basically indicating the Great American Century was almost used up already and we're just coasting on fumes right now.  I could also do without the Crispin Glover doppelganger hanging out on the hood choosing which one of the gals he is going to lock in his basement.  

Alright...enough with that.  Back to happy topics.  Seriously the ass on the left.  I mean, it's better than most porn.  And that long sleeve light sweater, you can see it pulled up to expose the underboob while she wriggles out of those tight white daisy dukes.  And her skin tone, that's not fake tan or bronzer, that's just healthy skin that you know goes all the way up to the funzones.  

The kinda ass you bounce a quarter off of and somehow get back 6 nickels.  An All-American Ass if ever there was one.  Also, the car seems cool.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Looks like images from Dazed and Confused.

"Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 411 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper Edelbrock intakes, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I like that the sign across the street is cut off and only reads "Century Used"...basically indicating the Great American Century was almost used up already and we're just coasting on fumes right now.  I could also do without the Crispin Glover doppelganger hanging out on the hood choosing which one of the gals he is going to lock in his basement.  

Alright...enough with that.  Back to happy topics.  Seriously the ass on the left.  I mean, it's better than most porn.  And that long sleeve light sweater, you can see it pulled up to expose the underboob while she wriggles out of those tight white daisy dukes.  And her skin tone, that's not fake tan or bronzer, that's just healthy skin that you know goes all the way up to the funzones.  

The kinda ass you bounce a quarter off of and somehow get back 6 nickels.  An All-American Ass if ever there was one.  Also, the car seems cool.  

Its almost like the 3 guys in the second picture are looking over at the scene in the first picture. Homeboy in the white tshirt is definitely all about dat ass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the fact some folks are dissing on the chick on the right is why I never had a problem being the wingman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slorch said:

And the fact some folks are dissing on the chick on the right is why I never had a problem being the wingman.

You would if you ever had to be Vic's wingman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

You would if you ever had to be Vic's wingman

I get the thin one, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 10:13 AM, Longhornfan1024 said:

Those pictures are all white, all white, all white.

True.

But even more striking, go back and try to find somebody obese. I lived through the 70s. Most of those fuckers were not jogging or counting calories. Magical skinniness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I saw the pics (which are awesome) the first thing that came to mind was Summer Nights by Van Halen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

That ass is perfect. Cool pics 

It really is. Proof positive is  that we are a few days into this thread with nobody whining that the ass is "too big" or "too scrawny". It's majesty appeals to all ass aficionados. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 4:32 PM, Deej said:

"Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 411 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper Edelbrock intakes, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle."

Hey man I know you go this thing out of a comic book.  I saw the ad, two ninety five, it's right next to the sea monkeys.  You see that over there? That's white lightning.  You see the shoes on that thing, you've got to get some tires for this it's a pizza cutter man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 3:48 PM, Lobo said:

I like that the sign across the street is cut off and only reads "Century Used"...basically indicating the Great American Century was almost used up already and we're just coasting on fumes right now.  I could also do without the Crispin Glover doppelganger hanging out on the hood choosing which one of the gals he is going to lock in his basement.  

debbie downer GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would focus on that, and not my closing commentary on her ass.  "Kinda ass you could bounce a quarter off of and inexplicably get back Six nickels."  And you post Rachel Dratch.  

It was a sweeping narrative.  Focus on the good parts man.  C'mon.  ;)

Her ass was used to calibrate the contiguous forces of celestial rotations.  Meantime, you're the guy at the front of class, clamoring for more homework before the Labor Day weekend and I'm trying to find that owner of that sweet piece of American Glutinous Glory.  

Edited by Lobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, deadshank said:

When I saw the pics (which are awesome) the first thing that came to mind was Summer Nights by Van Halen. 

Love that song, and yes, it elicits the same memories to me when when I hear it.   Kemp Boulevard in Wichita Falls in the mid 80’s.  Not quite Van Nuys, but it was heaven on a Friday/ Saturday, as far as we were concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

True.

But even more striking, go back and try to find somebody obese. I lived through the 70s. Most of those fuckers were not jogging or counting calories. Magical skinniness.

 

Then you remember, RD, we were outside, not sitting in front of the tv eating snacks and drinking soft drinks. We were at the lake skiing, working, finding pick up football or basketball games, riding bikes, etc. In other words, we were active, not the obese slugs of today sitting in the basement in the dark in front of a computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, happyhookem said:

 

Then you remember, RD, we were outside, not sitting in front of the tv eating snacks and drinking soft drinks. We were at the lake skiing, working, finding pick up football or basketball games, riding bikes, etc. In other words, we were active, not the obese slugs of today sitting in the basement in the dark in front of a computer.

some of us raised the "slugs" of today.

 

They are not all what you describe, nor were the youths of yesteryear all 300 PFTers( perfect physical fitness test, in the Marine Corps.) Some of those computer geeks turn into badass motherfuckers...saving other people's lives.   ( yes I have a connection to IED removal process)

2bd14d7aaa8e4168fbc78b7f4d68a435.jpg

Edited by slorch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

True.

But even more striking, go back and try to find somebody obese. I lived through the 70s. Most of those fuckers were not jogging or counting calories. Magical skinniness.

it wasn’t magic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Door No. 2 for the win:

image.thumb.png.158c81f22121788c2c2484efc6c14cd1.png

 

Good gracious.  Those legs really make asses of themselves. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, slorch said:

some of us raised the "slugs" of today.

 

They are not all what you describe, nor were the youths of yesteryear all 300 PFTers( perfect physical fitness test, in the Marine Corps.) Some of those computer geeks turn into badass motherfuckers...saving other people's lives.   ( yes I have a connection to IED removal process)

2bd14d7aaa8e4168fbc78b7f4d68a435.jpg

 

Slorch, never said they did. Read it as it's intended. Just a generalization in the difference in when we were kids. We are obviously around the same age and the things you talked about I agree with. By the way, thanks for your service. That would not be good for your blood pressure or stress levels. Glad you're still with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, happyhookem said:

 

Slorch, never said they did. Read it as it's intended. Just a generalization in the difference in when we were kids. We are obviously around the same age and the things you talked about I agree with. By the way, thanks for your service. That would not be good for your blood pressure or stress levels. Glad you're still with us.

I'm not stressing at all.  Drinking a couple of Old Fashioneds and watching the Stros.

I do push back when people( including many of my friends and co-workers) dismiss the younger generation.   There's plenty of good'uns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...