Surly Game Thread: Texas vs Baylor 2:30 ESPN: Macaroni in a pot, T-Herm's a...

Pancho

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Buncha losers with no killer instinct up in this bitchhhhhhhhhh I'm drunk as fuck. 

I agree, but it has nothing to do with Brewer opting not to score. 

I was at a memorial for a friend most of the afternoon. Texas football isn't that much fun anymore, so I wasn't much concerned about missing all or most of the game. 

I get in the car. Texas "puts some distance" between themselves and the Bears. 27-3. The quote belongs to Craig Way. I know we'll need the distance. I know what has gone before.

I tune to something else, but come back to hear Baylor had a 75 yard 8 play drive and missed the 2 point conversion. Missed it. I know that would matter.

I tune out and then back in and Baylor has just had a short drive for a TD after a Texas turnover. Hello Tom Herman shitfight no matter who we play. 

I get home in time to see Baylor fail on their fourth down attempt. We were a two point conversion away from having them within a single score of tying the game in the closing moments.

I can't say how much I hate this repeated shit. Hate it. We don't have to crush everybody, but we should be crushing more than fucking UTEP. 

OSU will joyfully kill us next week. We'll be everybody from Oklahoma's bitch. Fort Worth's bitch. We'll lose to OSU by two touchdowns. Beat Kansas by one. Have a one point game with Kansas State. Have a three point game with Iowa State.

We can't leave the Big XII. Our record for a decade makes us exactly the Big XII.  

I hate this shit. I'm losing interest, too. I wish I were a North Carolina fan. I'd be happy. Have I mentioned that I hate this shit?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

First time in a long time that I did not watch a UT game. I actually moved shit out of a storage unit which was still more fulfilling than watching this team. Too bad we won, guess Herman is safe another week.

Same here.  Raked up the yard for a burn pile.  Was more fun than watching the Herman clown show.

This entire conversation is hilarious to me because I turned it off after Baylor missed their 4th down conversion and went and got a massage.

I don't give a fuck what happened after I quit watching because:

1. We won, Baylor lost, and it didn't change that outcome.

2. Herman is still the coach.

3. Oklahoma State is going to filet and pan sear this team until all the juices come out and pretty soon after that Herman won't be our coach anymore. 

So, who gives a fuck? Go enjoy your Saturday and the fact that we have 7 days in front of us where we don't have to watch this fucking team and try and figure out how to feel about what is happening between a bunch of 18-22 year olds on a football field.

It's like some of you are happy turning this shitshow into more of a beating every weekend than it already is.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This entire conversation is hilarious to me because I turned it off after Baylor missed their 4th down conversion and went and got a massage.

3. Oklahoma State is going to filet and pan sear this team until all the juices come out and pretty soon after that Herman won't be our coach anymore. 

So, who gives a fuck? Go enjoy your Saturday and the fact that we have 7 days in front of us where we don't have to watch this fucking team and try and figure out how to feel about what is happening between a bunch of 18-22 year olds on a football field.

It's like some of you are happy turning this shitshow into more of a beating every weekend than it already is.

Life is a bitch.  It is a red ass world.  I am glad we won a game.  I am going to take it week to week until Meyer is announced as our new head coach. .  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, cam4mav said:

As soon as he got the first the game was won. When you have the chance to guarantee you win the game via victory formation, you fucking do it. Him going down was really the first kneel down of the victory formation. Y'all are tripping. We should have won by twenty, but the point is to win..... when you have the ability to end the game you ALWAYS do that.

No, you don’t.  You step on their neck.  We’ve had no killer instinct for a very, very long time.

15 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

No, you don’t.  You step on their neck.  We’ve had no killer instinct for a very, very long time.

The lack of killer instinct is a separate conversation from this specific play in question. You go down, the game is over you won. You score, the game continues. Period. You end the game there. 

The teams lack of killer instinct is very real and a problem. Baylor is worse than Colorado '05. It should have been 40-0. We just aren't very good at football. Bitch about that. Not Brewer going down on a game winning play to secure the victory. It's idiotic emotional pms level bitching. Bitch about the rest of the game.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

The lack of killer instinct is a separate conversation from this specific play in question. You go down, the game is over you won. You score, the game continues. Period. You end the game there. 

The teams lack of killer instinct is very real and a problem. Baylor is worse than Colorado '05. It should have been 40-0. We just aren't very good at football. Bitch about that. Not Brewer going down on a game winning play to secure the victory. It's idiotic emotional pms level bitching. Bitch about the rest of the game.

Thanks Mr. Miyagi. That play is emblematic of Tom Herman’s (and predecessor’ s) coaching.  In theory, you back off if your team is at a point where it can.  This team isn’t there, and hasn’t been for years.

Edited by AustinMT

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Don’t underestimate the gundy factor.  They may somehow choose not to exploit our weakness in the middle of the field on defense as well as our lack of speed outside on offense.  We clearly struggle with press coverage.  Maybe their corners will be 10 yards off ...

We beat a team who had not practiced much the last two weeks and just ran out of time to finish their comeback.  We looked like shit for most of the game doing it with an offensive line who couldn’t block practice dummies.  

Next week the checks will clear by game time issued to ref crew from the T Boone Estate and the loss is baked into the cake. 

2005 Colorado would skin 2020 Texas alive

23 hours ago, AustinMT said:

Like that Baylor coach?  Up by 4 or 5 against UNLV.  5 seconds left on UNLV 1.  Goes for it, fumbles and UNLV returns it 99 yards for a TD and the win.

Even Charlie Strong wouldn't have been stupid enough to go for it.

21 minutes ago, bullet said:

Like that Baylor coach?  Up by 4 or 5 against UNLV.  5 seconds left on UNLV 1.  Goes for it, fumbles and UNLV returns it 99 yards for a TD and the win.

Even Charlie Strong wouldn't have been stupid enough to go for it.

So now we’re using Charlie Strong as the standard?

Also, assuming your worst-case scenario happens, the spread at that point was 11.

Edited by AustinMT

It appears a good portion of this fan base wishes we would lose, fuck you all...
I don't think anyone really wants us to lose. I think everyone wants us to be a better team, so losing doesn't feel so damn likely.

If you think there's a high probability we lose, might as well rationalize the upside that it could mean the end of Tom's tenure here.

Do I want us to lose? No. I want us to win every game, always. Do I think that's a likely outcome under Herman? After 4 years, I don't.

This year particularly we're not anywhere near the team we should be on paper, and that's why I think we'll lose several more this season and Tom will lose his job. I'm not happy about any of that. This has been a shit year and a fun football season would've been a really nice distraction. If the consolation prize I get is a new coach to get excited about, I'll take it, but that doesn't mean I'm happy that we're a bad team who I expect to lose.
  • Hook 'Em 2