Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

20 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Worried that the Rs will turn out more with Trump off the ticket and the Senate on the line. Don’t fuck this up Georgia!

My concern is sort of the opposite. Ds won't turn out with Trump off the ticket. However, I think (hope) they're feeling especially empowered and turn the fuck out to do it again

I have to think there’s some kind of psychological effect in seeing your state flip. If you’ve been in the minority in a solid one party state, there’s the real temptation to not bother voting because it seems like your vote doesn’t matter.

I hope that seeing Georgia flip blue may motivate some people that would vote blue who sat out this time.

Alabama is no where near to flipping but Doug Jones’s victory gave a kick to the state Democratic Party.

Of course, the flip side is probably true too - a not insignificant number of Republican voters may have stayed home thinking their state was comfortably red.

However it goes, I think we’re going to see both record turnout and record amounts of money spent.

So should Biden get involved and try to help win these two seats? I think so just because there is nothing to lose really. If you lose both your presidency is held up by Mitch McConnell. If you win both or split is best scenario and it would give his presidency more power to enact his plans. 

Some expert on CNN said it would make his presidency weak though if they lose both which I didn’t understand their reasoning for that. 

6 minutes ago, Mole said:

According to the SOS calendar, the registration deadline is 12/7, so American hero Stacy Abrams needs to get to work.

I've got a Georgia birth certificate stashed somewhere. In a non-Covid times I might apply for dual-citizenship and go rent a friend's couch for a dollar, even with the chance that weepy-eyed Kemp would have his Georgiastapo out hounding my path.

Hell, our old house still looks great on Street View. I bet even odds my Daddy RDCanecutter Sr. is still registered to vote there.

[somebody please post the above on TexAgs because fuck em.]

14 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I've got a Georgia birth certificate stashed somewhere. In a non-Covid times I might apply for dual-citizenship and go rent a friend's couch for a dollar, even with the chance that weepy-eyed Kemp would have his Georgiastapo out hounding my path.

Hell, our old house still looks great on Street View. I bet even odds my Daddy RDCanecutter Sr. is still registered to vote there.

[somebody please post the above on TexAgs because fuck em.]

I’m no law dog, but my reading of the law doesn’t have any minimum time in the state, although you have to move with the intention of staying. There’s also something about moral turpitude, which could be a sticking point.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mole said:

I’m no law dog, but my reading of the law doesn’t have any minimum time in the state, although you have to move with the intention of staying. There’s also something about moral turpitude, which could be a sticking point.

Moral Turpitude clauses, AGAIN?

Hell, somebody get me the answers to the ethics test, gonna have to study up on that one.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So should Biden get involved and try to help win these two seats? I think so just because there is nothing to lose really. If you lose both your presidency is held up by Mitch McConnell. If you win both or split is best scenario and it would give his presidency more power to enact his plans. 

Some expert on CNN said it would make his presidency weak though if they lose both which I didn’t understand their reasoning for that. 

i was thinking about this last night and sort of thought the same.  he can only tangentially touch on it, because he'd be starting the presidency with a big loss, imo.  i think he has to keep his hands clean.

40 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Don’t you think she already is?

She’s a hero.  She may not have gotten her skull cracked by a white supremacist on an Alabama bridge, but she’s also a civil rights hero.  

Of course, was just saying they need to put the weight of the party behind her. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If I’m Democrats I have Biden, Harris, Obama, and other wildly popular democrats down there and campaigning. 

I am also urging Bernie Sanders, even though he’s not a democrat, to stfu and telling Pelosi the same as well as keep her far away as possible. 

You only forgot the two biggest names in the south, bill clinton and Jimmy carter.  Imagine having two presidential motorcades coming to a senate rally?

Both Dems should hammer home how both Republicans favor abolishing the ACA and have done nothing to save rural hospitals in Georgia. Both should point to how Republicans have worked to undo coverage for preexisting conditions and will leave poor Georgians in the lurch. If they can peel rural support from Perdue and Loeffler, the Dems could very well pull this off.

• Hook 'Em 1

ossoff gave a solid, but short interview on axios tonight. i’ve been consuming content on him like i did with pete 20 month ago. he’s basically jewish pete. he’ll be a force in the future even if he loses to shitbag perdue. sad when being a racist locks down 45% in a state. 

I wonder if Democrats have learned yet that nationalizing local races and pouring in tons of out of state money often backfires 

Democrats didn’t nationalize local races.

24 hour cable news, the internet, and social media have nationalized almost every news event - not just elections.

And GTFO trying to “both sides” out of state money. I’ll be happy to pull up the FEC reports for McConnell and Graham and Collins.
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, WBT said:

I wonder if Democrats have learned yet that nationalizing local races and pouring in tons of out of state money often backfires 

Count me among those who is irritated by a flood of money into local races. But I vote third party, when the Republic isn’t on the line. Texas Rs don’t seem to mind.If it’s Koch money, they welcome it.

Since when is a Senate race local, though? Maybe where you live. Texas is huge. It’s tough for me to see a state race as local. 

Georgia isn’t a small state. 

Edited by Willfully Horn
Koch mention

1 hour ago, WBT said:

“I wonder if Dems have learned that giving Stacey Abrams the financial resources she needs to successfully flip this state...”

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE, NERD

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WBT said:

So Democrats shouldn’t spend money in Georgia with 2 senate seats on the line?

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 4

On 11/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Paul Wesley said:

Don’t you think she already is?

She’s a hero.  She may not have gotten her skull cracked by a white supremacist on an Alabama bridge, but she’s also a civil rights hero.  

She's a fat dumb cunt

Edited by immortal13
Left out dumb
  • Fuck You 14

10 hours ago, WBT said:

GOP sending Rick Scott, Rubio, and multiple out of state politicians to start holding rallies in GA. But sure, Dems are the ones nationalizing a local election