Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

Posted in the non-Texas thread, but that thread doesn't get much traffic. There's chatter that Evans is leaning Georgia, and might have even signed for them. 

Well today is the day he would get his SAT scores back so that might have been the hold up. Him missing half of a state semi-final football game says he really needed a better score.

29 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Never a more aggy statement than that...

She was skinny once and became obese .....but at one point she was hot!!  She’s not obese, she’s big boned!  She has a great personality!   Jimbo is going to get her a peloton and work off those pounds and she will be hot again!  Aggy gonna aggy

Spoiler

Liucci

12:20a, 12/20/19 

Staff

AG

No telling what Zach does or has already done. But it's worth noting that I was having to chase down rumors this morning that Zach had signed with A&M yesterday and that wasn't the case. I did hear today that Georgia was right back in the mix. He really could end up anywhere. 

The bad news on the RN front is that it sounds like Ngata is too far gone and expected to sign with ASU despite the Ags pushing these past couple of days.

Still keep banging away on Evans if you're the Ags (I don't think he's signed with UGA but you just never know) and is honestly love to see them make a push for the Gibbs kid out of Georgia committed to Georgia Tech in January. 

Ryan Brauninger

5:38a, 12/20/19 

Staff

I've got nothing to add but a prognostication.

IF this is true, I'm wondering if it all started happening when Evans went silent for a couple of days early this week. 

Whatever Zach does at this point is news because of where we're at in the cycle and the caliber of prospect he is. If Evans sent an LOI to Georgia, you can bet it won't be a secret for long with the way their writers are digging. 

Ryan Brauninger

In reply to Outlaw0206 •  5:43a, 12/20/19 

Staff

Outlaw0206 said:

Wouldn't he have to the coaches recruiting him if he's already signed? 

Yes. It is against NCAA rules to recruit a signed player. I guess if the coaching staff did not know a prospect was signed, they could claim ignorance. I'd think there was some sort of accessible database for compliance departments to be able to see all the LOI's that have been received in order to avoid something like that happening. 

Of course, these rules get knowingly broken quite a bit...just ask the folks 90 miles west of College Station. 

14 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

No telling what Zach does or has already done. But it's worth noting that I was having to chase down rumors this morning that Zach had signed with A&M yesterday and that wasn't the case. I did hear today that Georgia was right back in the mix. He really could end up anywhere. 

The bad news on the RN front is that it sounds like Ngata is too far gone and expected to sign with ASU despite the Ags pushing these past couple of days.

Still keep banging away on Evans if you're the Ags (I don't think he's signed with UGA but you just never know) and is honestly love to see them make a push for the Gibbs kid out of Georgia committed to Georgia Tech in January. 

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

IF this is true, I'm wondering if it all started happening when Evans went silent for a couple of days early this week. 

Whatever Zach does at this point is news because of where we're at in the cycle and the caliber of prospect he is. If Evans sent an LOI to Georgia, you can bet it won't be a secret for long with the way their writers are digging. 

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

Outlaw0206 said:

Yes. It is against NCAA rules to recruit a signed player. I guess if the coaching staff did not know a prospect was signed, they could claim ignorance. I'd think there was some sort of accessible database for compliance departments to be able to see all the LOI's that have been received in order to avoid something like that happening. 

Of course, these rules get knowingly broken quite a bit...just ask the folks 90 miles west of College Station. 

Brauninger is a fat POS!

53 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

Ryan Brauninger

Staff

Outlaw0206 said:

So they went from 2 of Evans, Ngata, and Smith to none of Evans, Ngata, and Smith.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He will now - they have no one else.

They are going to have a shitty run game next year.  I mean, they'll look amazing against Abilene Christian and such.  IDK if Colorado can beat them, but Mel Tucker ( along with other teams ) should just load up to stop the run and force Mond to win the game.  They aren't beating Auburn, Bama' or LSU and it's not out of the question that they'll drop another.  Kiffin has some nice pieces on offense with Plumlee and Ealy.

48 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They are going to have a shitty run game next year.  I mean, they'll look amazing against Abilene Christian and such.  IDK if Colorado can beat them, but Mel Tucker ( along with other teams ) should just load up to stop the run and force Mond to win the game.  They aren't beating Auburn, Bama' or LSU and it's not out of the question that they'll drop another.  Kiffin has some nice pieces on offense with Plumlee and Ealy.

The best part is that a consistent run game was their only hope at going undefeated against all 9 of their cupcakes next year.  There's no chance they avoid getting upset by at least one or two of those teams if they're relying on Mond's passing to score points.

So let me get this straight, A&M only signed Deondre Jackson at RB, who would be their lowest rated recruit besides Jordan Jefferson. They also signed Devon Achane at Slot WR APB. 

They missed out on the following Texas RB

Zach Evans- Georgia (5 Star)

Jase McClellan - Alabama (4 Star)

Seth McGowan - OU (4 Star)

Deondre Jackson - A&M (3 star)

The A&M is going to pivot so hard to unsigned 4 star Kevontre Bradford (Lancaster, TX) they'll tear both ACLs

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So let me get this straight, A&M only signed Deondre Jackson at RB, who would be their lowest rated recruit besides Jordan Jefferson. They also signed Devon Achane at Slot WR APB. 

The A&M is going to pivot so hard to unsigned 4 star Kevontre Bradford (Lancaster, TX) they'll tear both ACLs

Jimbo putting in work

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Are there no RB's in New Jersey?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

That's awesome. It's only selfish when they don't play for jimbo. 

And what is a john james?

It’s a jimbo. 

but further to the point of facts, if he has actually signed, isn’t he required to tell the other schools that contact him so that they stop contacting him?  He can ask them to keep it quiet(or say he signed but not who with) and they should if they want to stay on the nice side of future recruits, but no school should be holding a scholarship for Evans because they all should have been told, or have available in an ncaa database, that he’s signed and it’s not with them. 
so she is making shit up to libel him and make him look like the bad guy they should be happy to have missed on. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

FWIW ... from an Ag/247 poster 

Demas on IG Live with Calzada rn. Said Evans hasn't signed with UGA and is signing in February.

He doesn't appear as confident about the Ags chances and said Evans will do his own thing

Also, Fong's CB for Evans is now cloudy. Not sure what it was on before.

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

FWIW ... from an Ag/247 poster 

Demas on IG Live with Calzada rn. Said Evans hasn't signed with UGA and is signing in February.

He doesn't appear as confident about the Ags chances and said Evans will do his own thing

Also, Fong's CB for Evans is now cloudy. Not sure what it was on before.

It was on LSU this morning

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

It was on LSU this morning

Yeah on the 247 signing show Wednesday Fong said an insider told him a while back that Zach was going to aggy at the end of the day.  Fong then said it very well may end up that was since Jimbo is all in..however it wasn't enough to change his CB from LSU because of the things he was hearing.. Never mentioned GA.  Evans played this one perfectly

56 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Yeah on the 247 signing show Wednesday Fong said an insider told him a while back that Zach was going to aggy at the end of the day.  Fong then said it very well may end up that was since Jimbo is all in..however it wasn't enough to change his CB from LSU because of the things he was hearing.. Never mentioned GA.  Evans played this one perfectly

I wonder if Fong’s real head is as confused as this sounds. 

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Don't forget EJ Smith and Ngata. That is an absolutely epic fail for a "run centric" offensive recruiting and coaching guru with the clear national championship pedigree of Jimbo Fisher. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Liucci

In reply to Koldus131 •  8:39a, 12/17/19 

Staff

AG

Koldus131 said:

If true, we better be getting Evans or circle back on Ngata. Would be disastrous to only sign 2 RBs after the Corbin news yesterday 

2020's sock?

Seriously, is everyone that makes a post like this one going to come back and promise not to lose their **** next cycle when they think disaster is afoot? It's gotten so ridiculous, the use of words like 'disastrous' about things that aren't even actually taking place yet. The Ags are going to end up with Achane and a member of the group of three they've targeted at the top for months now. So two of the big four we've been discussing, just like I said they would six months ago. It doesn't happen as simply as snapping your fingers guys. It just doesn't.