How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?

perfectchaos007

How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Sark be head football coach at Texas?

• 2 seasons or less. Poor on the field results and/or falls off the wagon with his personal issues. Worse than Charlie Strong. CDC fired too
    • 3 seasons. Charlie Strong level of failure. This probably leads to CDC's exit as well
    • 4 seasons. Showed promise at times, but clear he can't get us over the hump. Herman level of failure
    • 5-7 seasons. Fairly successful tenure. He probably wins at least 1 Big12 title in this timeframe
    • 8-10 seasons. At least a few conference titles and a couple playoff appearances during his time here.
    • 11+ seasons. He's the next DKR

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Since Royal

Fred - 119 games

Mac1 - 57 games

Mac2 - 71 games

Mac3- 206 games

Chuck - 37 games

Tom- 36 games

So you have to hope this was Mack's UCLA 49-31 beating (about the same difference) and it goes up from here.  I am not hopeful. 

It got worse for Mack after that UCLA loss before it got better.

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

We have a good staff of proven winners and a head coach that knows SEC football. Getting rid of Sark before we join the SEC would be stupid unless Saban wants a challenge. Ride it out

I agree with you only because we have no choice.....for at least 3 years.....unless Sark gets fired with cause for off-field issues. Give any coach less than 3 years to turn things around and you won't get many candidates for the next opening.

Also Goddamit I thought I set the poll to close months ago. Stop the count!

23 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I agree with you only because we have no choice.....for at least 3 years.....unless Sark gets fired with cause for off-field issues. Give any coach less than 3 years to turn things around and you won't get many candidates for the next opening.

Oklahoma forced Howard Schnellenberger out in 1995 after *1* season (take your pick why--- arrogant jerk drunk, etc.), and they've won more MNCs than us since then.

26 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Oklahoma forced Howard Schnellenberger out in 1995 after *1* season (take your pick why--- arrogant jerk drunk, etc.), and they've won more MNCs than us since then.

OU has only won 1 and that was because of a glitch in the BCS system that allowed them to play FL St instead of Miami

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Only because the next week he played Kansas State, which like UCLA, was also a legit national championship contender.    Neither team was shitty ass Arkansas who barely beat Rice and had a record of 7-27 the last three years.  That team we just got blown out by is the SEC version of Kansas. 

I'm talking about the next season.

32 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Chill the fuck out with this shit. Sark might not be the answer but gotta give him time. Saban was 7-6 in his first year at Bama. Dabo took 4 years to do shit. No coach can change things overnight and Sark has a Freshman QB plus terrible OL that he inherited. 

yes.  this is exactly what we said after Charlie and Tom's first year.  Nick Saban had won a fucking national championship already!

• Like 1

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Nothing in the 1999 season - 9 wins and Big 12 title game appearance, btw - was worse than tonight.   Even the NC State fiasco was a close game with special teams costing us the game against an opponent who was a lot better than 7-27 in their last three years.

Yeah, you're not gonna like this season.

34 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Chill the fuck out with this shit. Sark might not be the answer but gotta give him time. Saban was 7-6 in his first year at Bama. Dabo took 4 years to do shit. No coach can change things overnight and Sark has a Freshman QB plus terrible OL that he inherited. 

Not to mention Saban lost to Louisiana Monroe at home late in the season during his first year

I predict 4 years.

I wanted Chip Kelly back in 2016. Last year, I was in the keep Herman for another year camp if we couldn't get Urban. Once it became clear we were firing him either way, I jumped on the Jeff Traylor wagon.

CDC makes $2M a year... I'd be willing to do the job for half that.

Edited by TXpride

9 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Only in college football could a guy who drank his way out of the USC job be hired at Texas.

Sorry but that's true.  There is nothing about his HC record that suggests he should be hired at an A list program.

We haven't been an A list football program except for making money in over 10 years

6 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Chill the fuck out with this shit. Sark might not be the answer but gotta give him time. Saban was 7-6 in his first year at Bama. Dabo took 4 years to do shit. No coach can change things overnight and Sark has a Freshman QB plus terrible OL that he inherited

He also inherited a junior QB, but it seems clear he fucked up the QB pick as well. He certainly could have tried changing things up at half  when it was painfully clear Card wasnt gonna get it done last night. We got humiliated by a team that is likely .500 when its all said and done. Does Rice have more talent than Texas or better coaching?

image.png.101c753029cde7a1c243ff6d168ed844.png 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

He also inherited a junior QB, but it seems clear he fucked up the QB pick as well. He certainly could have tried changing things up at half  when it was painfully clear Card wasnt gonna get it done last night. We got humiliated by a team that is likely .500 when its all said and done. Does Rice have more talent than Texas or better coaching?

image.png.101c753029cde7a1c243ff6d168ed844.png 

I Want It All GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

9 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Since Royal

Fred - 119 games

Mac1 - 57 games

Mac2 - 71 games

Mac3- 206 games

Chuck - 37 games

Tom- 36 games

So you have to hope this was Mack's UCLA 49-31 beating (about the same difference) and it goes up from here.  I am not hopeful. 

No this was not UCLA, Mack challenged his team to play with pride and better in the 2nd half and from what I remember they did. Sark's team just laid down and allowed themselves to get fucked.

7 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

These are recycled Tom Herman and Charlie Strong arguments. I bet Saban did not have a deer in the headlights look when getting beat that first year. Also, good coaches turn things around quickly. Hell Mack had his team turn it around in one half against UCLA. We saw nothing out of Sark as his team was getting destroyed. All we saw was a team that laid down.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Haha.  He’s been coach for two whole games.   He got pantsed last night.  Maybe give him a season or two before we decide he’s not the answer?

I'm not in the athletic department so what I believe has no impact on Sark's tenure. I'm sure he will get 3 years before we shitcan him. But I saw all I need to see last night. 

Edited by Blotto

Only in college football could a guy who drank his way out of the USC job be hired at Texas.
Sorry but that's true.  There is nothing about his HC record that suggests he should be hired at an A list program.

Outsider’s Perspective:

I thought Sark was a terrible hire, mostly because of the alcohol thing. If you’re Texas, you can hire someone with little or no baggage that’s just as good. It may work out eventually for Sark, but I think his background is going to make recruiting harder.

If he’s the OC at Alabama, it doesn’t matter. But as the HC at current Texas, you can negative recruit the hell outta him and Del Conte’s decision to bring him in.

But I also thought Strong was a great hire and Herman was really good, so what the hell do I know

4 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

we knew going in our OL was trash.

Sark hit the transfer portal hard for DE/LB, but he didn't for o-linemen. Certainly, there were candidates in the portal that are better than the inept pussies we have playing o-line right now. Sark didn't get them to come here, regardless of the reasons why. Sark failed, and we will all pay the price with a humiliating season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, JFKFC said:

Sark hit the transfer portal hard for DE/LB, but he didn't for o-linemen. Certainly, there were candidates in the portal that are better than the inept pussies we have playing o-line right now. Sark didn't get them to come here, regardless of the reasons why. Sark failed, and we will all pay the price with a humiliating season. 

Yes he probably should have hit the transfer portal. but, it's too early to judge the season

• Like 1