Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He must suck at cheating then.

Yeah, anyone who openly declares that he’s not even going to try to recruit players from Florida anymore and has a contract that gives him his annual raise as long as he wins 7 games is obviously cheating. 

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

Please educate me.

Killed nearly a third of his team one summer by over working them while feeding them creatine awhile back.  Oh yeah, Doyle was at the center of that one.  Plus another player did actually die under his watch.  But it was due to bronchitis...riiiight.

33 minutes ago, freyguy said:

Killed nearly a third of his team one summer by over working them while feeding them creatine awhile back.  Oh yeah, Doyle was at the center of that one.  Plus another player did actually die under his watch.  But it was due to bronchitis...riiiight.

So did he kill a third of his team or just one player?

How does that compare to the Junction Boys?

39 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Misdemeanors?  Will he even lose his job?  You know, cops being cops and all. 

The Houston cop that participated resigned. He resigned prior to a HPD disciplinary meeting about his involvement in Jan 6th.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Houston cop that participated resigned. He resigned prior to a HPD disciplinary meeting about his involvement in Jan 6th.

38 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Resigned means he can go work elsewhere, right?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

43 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Resigned means he can go work elsewhere, right?

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

When cops resign/retire because of some questionable behavior, I always assume that they jump to a nearby law enforcement agency that isn't quite so particular of their past.  If they wait until they're fired I'm sure that can create some issues for the next chief/sheriff/supervisor from hiring them. the resignation opens up opportunities.

6 hours ago, Bookman said:

Life ain't easy for a boy named Karol.

It’s not like his name is Sue.

Sounds Polish. In Chicago (or Cleveland) that’s no big deal. Huge Polish populations in both of those towns. Doesn’t mean he’s not an asshole. But that joke doesn’t work.

Ugh. The whole thing is just so depressing. Sorry to be a wet blanket. I still can’t get over the fact that people who’ve never before seen an American President attempt a coup and order his goons to violently overturn an election can just dismiss it as no big deal. I can only assume that they’ve been consuming Republican propaganda demonizing the Democratic Party for so long that they’ve come to believe that democracy itself is bad. Because they’re too stupid to know the difference between the two. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s not like his name is Sue.

Sounds Polish. In Chicago (or Cleveland) that’s no big deal. Huge Polish populations in both of those towns. Doesn’t mean he’s not an asshole. But that joke doesn’t work.

Ugh. The whole thing is just so depressing. Sorry to be a wet blanket. I still can’t get over the fact that people who’ve never before seen an American President attempt a coup and order his goons to violently overturn an election can just dismiss it as no big deal. I can only assume that they’ve been consuming Republican propaganda demonizing the Democratic Party for so long that they’ve come to believe that democracy itself is bad. Because they’re too stupid to know the difference between the two. 

The most dangerous thing is not January 6th.

It's the downplaying and normalizing of it.  As if it is an acceptable means of having a transition of power.  Dirty secret: to the GQP and its supporters, violent insurrection IS an acceptable means of a transition of power.  This is the entire problem with the GQP, and it's why any vote, for any GQP candidate, for any office, is anti-democratic.  Not until the GQP actually takes a stand AGAINST violent assaults to change/prevent the transition of power will they be a political party again.  They are not a political party.  They are a terrorist organization, which has adopted terrorist methods to accomplish their goals.  That's....a problem.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Again I dig the schadenfreude, but even if we hung, drew and quartered everyone caught on film inside the Capitol on national TV, so long as we allow the ringleaders to skate, this will keep on happening. 

Not with the same people.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

I hope so but I keep seeing reports in the news that these insurrectionists will probably receive relatively light sentences. For trying to overthrow American constitutional democracy. I hope that’s wrong. 

Prepare your anus.

Most are charged only with misdemeanors, which have a maximum one-year sentence.  Even the multiple charges most likely won't be "stacked." So one year tops.

For other than those armed, meaning with actual weapons, not just fire extinguishers and bike racks or barricades, the stiffest charge is 18 USC 1512, Obstruction of an official proceeding, which is a 20 year maximum felony.  However, as documented on this thread, there is one seditionist who has already pled guilty and secured the agreement of the USAO DDC to recommend fewer than two years on that charge.

The simple reality is not one of them is charged with constitutional treason or statutory sedition.  They're basically charged with trespassing offenses.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You know, I gotta say, I'm pretty much here: we need some gallows built.

I’d settle for the GQP acknowledging reality.  Of Covid, the traitorous January insurrection and other truths incompatible with their unreality. Regrettably that’s a big ask because we have cottage industries actively sewing domestic discord. Address that and avoid gallows, inshallah.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

The simple reality is not one of them is charged with constitutional treason or statutory sedition.  They're basically charged with trespassing offenses.

Why though?  What is the reasoning for not charging at least some of them with sedition?  Are we not able to prove their intentions?

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

At least they are being named online, and their present and future career prospects are going to be impacted.

And most of them were enough of a dumbass to document themselves for future employers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Prepare your anus.
Most are charged only with misdemeanors, which have a maximum one-year sentence.  Even the multiple charges most likely won't be "stacked." So one year tops.
For other than those armed, meaning with actual weapons, not just fire extinguishers and bike racks or barricades, the stiffest charge is 18 USC 1512, Obstruction of an official proceeding, which is a 20 year maximum felony.  However, as documented on this thread, there is one seditionist who has already pled guilty and secured the agreement of the USAO DDC to recommend fewer than two years on that charge.
Fucking rage

Why though?  What is the reasoning for not charging at least some of them with sedition?  Are we not able to prove their intentions?
Exactly
They told us the plan, posted it all over social media, then executed the plan just up to a cunt hair away from step 24 or whatever which was murdering Congress members and vice pres, then bragged about what they did. And are still fucking that chicken even now. "I'm a patriot"
They even flew the same flag from the last time we had mass treason.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I’d settle for the GQP acknowledging reality.  Of Covid, the traitorous January insurrection and other truths incompatible with their unreality. Regrettably that’s a big ask because we have cottage industries actively sewing domestic discord. Address that and avoid gallows, inshallah.

It would be nice if they could remain dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal and that government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:
Prepare your anus.

Fucking rage

Meanwhile, Crystal Mason’s 5 year prison sentenced was upheld by Texas Appeals Court in 2020. 

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Jan 6 really galvanized my view of white privelage. These treasonist fucks should have been mowed down before they entered the capitol. If they were any other group the would have been. Literal piles of bodies at the doors until it stopped. (I'm anti death penalty too). But that should have happened.

That they sieged the capitol, stole govt computers and documents and took selfies then just breezed the fuck out is insane.
But wait there is more. The perps feel they are being unjustly treated even now with only some fucking due process and jail time. It's not fair, boo hoo. And 40 percent of the country agrees. They should be dead.

It's just all so mind blowing. I mean I'm grateful I'm white and in my 40s every time I'm pulled over. But the different experience you have here based on race is insane

They weren’t mowed down because the president of the United States wanted them to succeed in killing mike pence if he wouldn’t declare trump the president. Killing Nancy pelosi was gonna be a nice bonus. They failed so the president finally told them to go home and wait to get arrested. It’s obvious what trump and his evil buffoon goons were trying to do. Like everything else he does, it failed.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't understand how you "back the blue" folks watch that video and reconcile it in your heads.  To call police in this whole thing, pawns, is an insult to shitty chess pieces.