Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

When FBI agents interviewed David John Lesperance at his home in Indian Harbour Beach, Fla., after the Capitol riot, he did not deny storming the building on Jan. 6, prosecutors said.

Before authorities left his home in mid-January, Lesperance also shared another piece of information: He knew at least one more person who was there with him that day: his pastor.

Now, Lesperance, his pastor, James Varnell Cusick Jr., and his pastor’s son and the church’s vice president, Casey Cusick, face multiple charges over their alleged role in the deadly riot, according to criminal complaints released on Thursday that were filed in the U.S. District Court in Washington.

Lesperance, Cusick Jr., and Cusick could not immediately be reached by The Washington Post late on Thursday. It was unclear whether the trio had retained attorneys. The Florida men are among hundreds now charged in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection, including many who were turned in by relatives, friends and co-workers who learned of their involvement by word of mouth or their own social media posts.

A grandmother heard that a friend’s son was a Capitol rioter. Soon, the FBI heard as well.

Lesperance, the owner of an air-conditioner company in Florida, was interviewed at his home by the FBI on Jan. 19. He admitted to the agents that he’d breached the Capitol on Jan. 6, walked around and taken photos inside, the FBI said.

While he didn’t tell authorities the name of his pastor during the interview, it didn’t take authorities long to get another tip identifying him. On Jan. 22, a source told the FBI that Cusick Jr., the founder and pastor of Global Outreach Ministries in Melbourne, Fla., had participated in the riots.

On March 26, the FBI received an anonymous letter claiming that the pastor, his son, and Lesperance had traveled from Florida to D.C. and participated in the insurrection. The letter included photos corroborating Cusick Jr.'s ties to the church and other information that aided investigators.

Was the attack on the U.S. Capitol an attempted coup?
Many have argued that President Donald Trump's efforts amounted to an attempted coup on Jan. 6. Was it? And why does that matter? (Monica Rodman, Sarah Hashemi/The Washington Post)
A representative from the church did not immediately respond to messages from The Post late on Thursday.

Lesperance told investigators that he traveled to D.C. on Jan. 5. The following day, he said, he and his pastor attended former president Donald Trump’s speech and later trespassed into the Capitol building. Lesperance left D.C. on Jan. 8, he said. He later deleted all photographs and video he shot that day out of fear, he told investigators.

But federal agents said they recovered photos from Lesperance’s iCloud, as well as Capitol surveillance footage and videos captured by officers’ body-worn cameras, all showing that Lesperance and Cusick Jr. roamed the halls of the Capitol the afternoon of Jan. 6. Lesperance sported a blue hat, gray jacket and sunglasses, photos included in the criminal complaint show, while Cusick Jr. wore a white hat, white turtleneck and black jacket. Later that afternoon, Cusick Jr. posed with two other unidentified men outside the Trump International Hotel.

On Thursday, all three men were arrested in Florida before appearing in court that same day, according to legal records. Lesperance, who was charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or ground without lawful authority, disorderly or disruptive conduct in a restricted building, and violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, was released “on conditions.”

It is unclear whether Cusick Jr. and Cusick, who face the same charges as Lesperance, remained in custody as of early Friday. Federal records do not indicate when the three men are due back in court.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwTidwqM7XCvcx2SGt6V8

On 6/22/2021 at 10:25 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sovereign citizens in courtrooms is one of my guilt pleasures. Here is a man, who’s person is attempting to enter courtroom. Let the record indicate it.

Man, that's good. These idiots who read something on the internet or a second hand paperback about "their rights" and then spew it like they finally have the magic words are proliferating. This guy sounds just like the maskless men and women in public places last year. 

This needs to be the taser training film for persons claiming rights they don't have to go places where they are not allowed to go:

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This needs to be the taser training film for persons claiming rights they don't have to go places where they are not allowed to go:

Uh, yeah, a training film, yeah, uh maybe, sure.

I still think there's no better teaching tool than "Hmm, I did X, Y, and Z, and then they tasered my ass."

And yes, many will require multiple lessons to reach the Ah-Ha moment. That's OK.

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Maybe he was asking them for protection?

I don't think child molesters bother with protection/prophylactics.  

Jesus fucking Christ, how do you fucking Trumpers sleep at night with this kind of shit being done in your name?  Every team has horrible actors on it, but this shit was done in your man's name.  For his glory.  For your collective good.  How in the holy Sunday fuck do you reconcile this with Christ in your Heart?  You fucking degenerates.  

I don't think child molesters bother with protection/prophylactics.  
Jesus fucking Christ, how do you fucking Trumpers sleep at night with this kind of shit being done in your name?  Every team has horrible actors on it, but this shit was done in your man's name.  For his glory.  For your collective good.  How in the holy Sunday fuck do you reconcile this with Christ in your Heart?  You fucking degenerates.  

I THINK the way they reconcile it has something to do with….them being degenerates. But I’m just spitballing here.

On 6/23/2021 at 10:42 AM, Brisketexan said:

This.

These guys read that they are separate legal entities from their "person," and US courts with a flag with gold fringe only have admiralty jurisdiction, and blah blah blah, and MAN!  That sounds AWESOME!  I cracked the code!  Wait till I show some fancy-pants smarty-pants judge the what for!  I'll dazzle him with my Big Brain knowledge of irrefutable legal truths!  Nobody can touch me!  I am a sovereign, invincible nation unto myself, Youtube account "freedomeagle25" says so!

......which is how you end up on the floor with electricity running through you, pissing your pants.

But they're also treated differently and allowed to mostly act like jackasses.  He doesn't get tased until he tries to enter.  Their racial counterparts would've gotten tased/locked up well before.  This is a video recording of absolute privilege in action.  Fuck these POS.  Want to know what his name is? Incarcerate him. He'll scream you his name, address, birth and social security in short order.  Stop handling these people with kid gloves and treat them like the Trump admin treated Latinos and African Americans.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I THINK the way they reconcile it has something to do with….them being degenerates. But I’m just spitballing here.

I think the conservative Rush/Fox/pick-a-shit-stain-GOP-Politician’s lies for the last 30 years has morphed this into a “my team” identity that transcends religion or morals. From the Gingrich GOP’s inception of this strategy until now, it created an army of today’s Ttoms and Swams; the other side is not ‘wrong’, they are evil people who want to take away your rights as white overlords.

We joke about ‘owning the libs’ - but that is the offshoot of the total immersion of Party as Identity. Nothing matters but your team winning and their team losing. I mean, if one team says it is pushing eating healthy, the other team opposes it.

From the Party of Reagan and opposition to all things Soviet we now have a GOP who supports a POTUS who believes a former KGB agent more than the U.S. intelligence community.

1cefbc837c7af3ad8706cc955aaded7b.jpg

And so here we are.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

DeSantis sure seems on board with loyalty and purity tests among the populace.

If R's get control of the House, expect a resurrection of the Unamerican Activities Committee.

8 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

But they're also treated differently and allowed to mostly act like jackasses.  He doesn't get tased until he tries to enter.  Their racial counterparts would've gotten tased/locked up well before.  This is a video recording of absolute privilege in action.  Fuck these POS.  Want to know what his name is? Incarcerate him. He'll scream you his name, address, birth and social security in short order.  Stop handling these people with kid gloves and treat them like the Trump admin treated Latinos and African Americans.  

There was no reason to tase him or lock him up until they did.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:17 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Deplorable. Poster Woman For:

I hope Wheeler is right regarding the judge if it is something that is allowed to consider.

no way she walked the capital from the speech area and walked up those steps. no way 

8 hours ago, RPM said:

Bingo. It started with the "Moral Majority" and the idea they were better than anyone. Goldwater called this.

I don’t know who coined the phrase, “The Moral Majority is neither,” but they were right.

And then later on we had Sarah Palin going around telling country rubes that they were the “real” Americans, not those elitists in NYC and DC. You know, THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ACTUALLY ATTACKED BY TERRORISTS ON 9/11! Fucking cunt. 

I saw the still shot of her and even with her bizarre politics, I thought “I would totally bang her.”   But then I heard her accent.  

how the hell are people who sound like that allowed to procreate?  

Edited by Lobo

Oath Keepers turning on each other. https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/politics/oath-keeper-cooperation-january-6-conspiracy/index.html

Mark Grods is set to plead guilty to two charges -- conspiracy and obstruction of Congress' certification of the electoral college.

He plans to admit to taking part in paramilitary training efforts before January 6 and recruiting people to come to DC and join together for the siege. Grods and others brought firearms, combat outfits, helmets and radio equipment for the siege, according to the charging document.

Grods also plans to admit to allegations that he stormed the Capitol with others, taking part in the military-style "stack" formation used by the Oath Keepers to cut through the crowd, while carrying a "large stick," according to his court record.

Grods is set to appear before a judge in DC federal court at 2 p.m. ET Wednesday.

14 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Claiming to be press is a bold strategy. 

Gotta love these guys who came up with the lame excuses. You know they are thinking they’re outsmarting everyone.  I’m a documentarian like all of you journalists. I’m just there to film what happens. Is that me stomping on camera equipment? I would rather not address that now. 

• Hook 'Em 1