Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

On 5/30/2021 at 1:34 PM, Lobo said:

^
you know the centuries old practice of loading one of the weapons with a blank round to give psychological cover to the firing squad members who may second guessing their participation?  

I would offer a blindfold and cigarette to each insurrectionist.  And lean in to whisper, “all weapons hot.  All rounds live.  Final orders from our President Trump.  Said to tell you ‘Dead Men don’t Talk and  We honor your sacrifice.”  Then step aside and give the execution order.
 To see their face of eternal confusion, thinking it was Trump who gave the order for their death.  In that final second, to see that “wait, what the fuck?  Hold on!” Expression on their face.  
when you finally get to see someone break and question everything they though they knew.  It’s usual very gradual In life, but every once in awhile it delivers itself on one brief instant.  Seeing a human’s belief system completely implode like that……I assure you it’s the most addictive rush on Earth.  Nothing else comes remotely Close.  

I would be haunted until the end of time.  Just the thought that maybe I was firing a blank at these treasonous fucks.  Nope, no thank you...

*shudders

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

What use the Russian mob could make of most of them is anyone's guess. But I'd like to try the experiment all the same.

I just want to see Jenna after she lives on vodka and cabbage for a few months. Actually, I don't.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I bet Putin goes to bed every night with a raging boner knowing how much he was able to manipulate that fucking moron. and in broad daylight, as that picture demonstrates, as well.

Nah.  Guys like Putin always want more.  He’s pissed Trump didn’t get him more.  He’s useless and a bad memory now.  I hope Trump is dumb enough to go there and find out.  They’ll give him the medicine we should have...

On 5/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, Lobo said:

I attended the John B. Stetson University in DeLand, FL on academic scholarship with an invitation to try-out for their baseball team (it's actually a really good mid-major Div. I program).  I made some relationships along the way. 

Crazy question, but did you happen to know a football player name Ray Finkle while at Stetson?  I believe he was a place kicker (soccer style).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I bet Putin goes to bed every night with a raging boner knowing how much he was able to manipulate that fucking moron. and in broad daylight, as that picture demonstrates, as well.

hes too busy banging hot Russian ex gymnast to think about the American idiot 

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

The cost of the Portland courthouse was $2.3mm.  Seems like the Capitol is bigger, older, with more hard to replace shit, no?  

The transportation and security logistics of getting the damaged materials/debris out of there and the new stuff in, by itself would cost $1.5mm.  Nevermind the materials and labor.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the U.S. Capitol Architect didn't bid it out to some shady GC using cheap, undocumented labor.  Or.......did he? 

2 minutes ago, SKJ said:

I can't see the offer benadryl paywall...

What did they offer him? 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-riot-defendant-paul-hodgkins-guilty-plea-selfie/

He pleaded to one count of obstruction of official proceeding, a 20-year max felony, consistent with federal practice of plea only to the highest-penalty charge in the indictment.  There were four other charges, most of which I think were misdemeanors.

Appears to be an 11(c)1(c) plea with a recommended sentence of 15-21 months.  Most federal pleas leave the sentence open.  This type, the judge has to accept the recommendation or reject the entire plea.

6 hours ago, SKJ said:

Hmmmm... a 20 year max in the feds that carries a plea of 15-21 months seems very low

To normal people... These are the ones who think wearing a mask or getting a vaccine is an unthinkable infringement on liberty.  I hope there is a proportionate increase when it comes to prison time. 

11 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

giphy.gif

I messaged Swalwell on FB thanking him from Alabama and saying we'd adopt him as our Rep. Now that communication has been established, all I have to do is catch Mo sneaking down the alley, tackle him (bet he's meaner than a greased gator,) and once we get his jaws tied shut, call my man Eric to come scoop him up.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SKJ said:

Hmmmm... a 20 year max in the feds that carries a plea of 15-21 months seems very low

I would think that a number of these defendants will have zero enhancements -- no prior convictions, they weren't in possession of a firearm at the time, etc.  Been a long time since I looked at sentencing guidelines and departures (up or down), thought.  Not my area.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I would think that a number of these defendants will have zero enhancements -- no prior convictions, they weren't in possession of a firearm at the time, etc.  Been a long time since I looked at sentencing guidelines and departures (up or down), thought.  Not my area.

It's a problem with the guidelines.  Some guidelines are developed by the US Sentencing Commission, which, to its credit, tends to be kind of empirical and rational about the guidelines.  Other times, Congress pretty much tells the Commission what to do, and that's usually pretty punitive, irrational, and draconian.  And almost always is the case where the crimes in question draw a lot of public attention and pols curry favor by being toughoncrime.

In the latter category, for a 20-year statutory maximum crime, the guidelines start out at 5-10 years, sometimes more.

It is pretty unusual to see a year or two as a guidelines sentence for a 20-year crime./white people problems

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

It is pretty unusual to see a year or two as a guidelines sentence for a 20-year crime./white people problems

I am not a courtroom judge, but putting these folks back on the street in time for the next election seems, uh, contrary to the public interest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Is she barefoot?!?

Even if those are sandals, who shows up to federal court dressed like that?

(Audrey does)

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

wondered the same thing. guessing they're thin flats, but it's trashy either way. but MAGA gonna MAGA

In the grand scheme of things, your Wal-Mart trip clothes at the federal court house is lower on the offensive scale than attempted treason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's a problem with the guidelines.  Some guidelines are developed by the US Sentencing Commission, which, to its credit, tends to be kind of empirical and rational about the guidelines.  Other times, Congress pretty much tells the Commission what to do, and that's usually pretty punitive, irrational, and draconian.  And almost always is the case where the crimes in question draw a lot of public attention and pols curry favor by being toughoncrime.

In the latter category, for a 20-year statutory maximum crime, the guidelines start out at 5-10 years, sometimes more.

Mine was a statutory max of 10 years,  first conviction,  zero enhancements, no downward departure (answered no questions) and it carried a range of 87-108 months.  I got the full 108. 

Less people (0) in my case were physically harmed and I acted alone...

Fucking feds 

• Rage+1 2

52 minutes ago, SKJ said:

Mine was a statutory max of 10 years,  first conviction,  zero enhancements, no downward departure (answered no questions) and it carried a range of 87-108 months.  I got the full 108. 

Fucking feds 

Have we heard this story? I feel like we should, if not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Have we heard this story? I feel like we should, if not. 

Yes. 

It's long.  

I did 9 years in the feds. 

I've never looked back... now I'm a square.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

What happened? We’ve got time. 

I'm just gong to say this,  and this will be it. 

It's most likely unbelievable to anyone on here,  and it's from a past life that I've left behind. 

I'm not proud of it and it holds me back. I've seen some shit,  survived some shit,  and outlived some shit, and even if I told you,  you'd probably not believe me.

Last time we went through this I learned a valuable lesson. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SKJ said:

Fucking feds 

Wow. The feds don’t fuck around with mopery.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SKJ said:

Fucking feds 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SKJ said:

It's most likely unbelievable to anyone on here, 

barack obama GIF

Tow truck driver throwing rocks through windshields and diddling kids. Somebody who did some major Dark Web shit and will probably never leave prison. Somebody showing her tits, laughing about not running for office, runs for Austin City Council and wins.  Somebody who “accidentally” killed the class bully while trying to scare the shit out of them (thought the fucking safety was on but in the heat of the moment things got dicey), and their uncle loaded the body into the trunk of a stolen ‘79 Ford LTD, drove it up to Eastern Oklahoma, and dumped it into a flooded coal pit that was going to be filled in.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3