Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

barack obama GIF

Tow truck driver throwing rocks through windshields and diddling kids. Somebody who did some major Dark Web shit and will probably never leave prison. Somebody showing her tits, laughing about not running for office, runs for Austin City Council and wins.  Somebody who “accidentally” killed the class bully while trying to scare the shit out of them (thought the fucking safety was on but in the heat of the moment things got dicey), and their uncle loaded the body into the trunk of a stolen ‘79 Ford LTD, drove it up to Eastern Oklahoma, and dumped it into a flooded coal pit that was going to be filled in.  

But you were in the thread at shaggy.

Edited by SKJ

4 hours ago, SKJ said:

I'm just gong to say this,  and this will be it. 

It's most likely unbelievable to anyone on here,  and it's from a past life that I've left behind. 

I'm not proud of it and it holds me back. I've seen some shit,  survived some shit,  and outlived some shit, and even if I told you,  you'd probably not believe me.

Last time we went through this I learned a valuable lesson. 

Rock on, my man.  Our actions don't permanently define us.  Keep moving forward.  It pains me that that has been made so difficult.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Somebody who “accidentally” killed the class bully while trying to scare the shit out of them (thought the fucking safety was on but in the heat of the moment things got dicey), and their uncle loaded the body into the trunk of a stolen ‘79 Ford LTD, drove it up to Eastern Oklahoma, and dumped it into a flooded coal pit that was going to be filled in.  

who was this?

Good story about disarray, finger-pointing and general chaos on the alt-right.

Key quotes:

Some extremism experts see parallels between the fallout from the Capitol riot and the schisms that divided far-right figures and groups after their violent clashes with counter-protesters at the "Unite the Right" white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August 2017. The white supremacist "alt-right" movement fractured and ultimately faded from public view after the violence erupted that weekend.

"I think something kind of like that is happening right now in the broader far-right movement, where the cohesive tissue that brought them all together — being the 2020 election — it’s kind of dissolved," said Jared Holt, a resident fellow at the Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensic Research Lab.

"Like ‘Unite the Right,' there is a huge disaster, a P.R. disaster, and now they’ve got the attention of the feds. And it’s even more intense now because they have the national security apparatus breathing down their necks," he added.

On the other hand...

But others believe President Joe Biden's victory and the Jan. 6 investigation, the largest federal prosecution in history, might animate the militia movement — fueled by an anti-government anger.

"We’re already seeing a lot of this rhetoric being spewed in an effort to pull in people," said Freddy Cruz, a Southern Poverty Law Center research analyst who studies anti-government groups. "It’s very possible that people will become energized and try to coordinate more activity given that we have a Democratic president in office."

Bear in mind, the SPLC exists off subscriptions and donations that rely on stoking fears of fascism. They do good work but they definitely skew towards scaremongering. 

Tl;dr. Y'all Chicken Littles need to chill.

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Tl;dr. Y'all Chicken Littles need to chill.

Except, you know, you said the same thing to us when we read the OBVIOUS signs and said "this shit ends in violence."  And then....

GettyImages-1230454732.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

05dd67d5-25ed-4578-afd9-175baddf0acb_192

Someday -- probably when it's way too late -- you'll realize that all of this shit has been coming, like a freight train, and it still is.  And the best part is, they are fucking telling us that it's coming, and this is what they are going to do....and you STILL don't believe them.

I've come to realize that the vast majority of you will not accept that the GQP is now part and parcel of a fascist movement that is dead-set on seizing power and never surrendering it via force and violence until after it's already happened, and it's a done-deal.  Maybe it's just too shitty an outcome for your brain to accept.  But it's exactly where we're headed.  It's where we were headed before January 6th, and we haven't altered course.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It won't take a decade.

Because we won't recover.

Remember....it only gets worse.

Right, but fascism will destroy itself in the end, it always does.  The unknown is the body count and time frame. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Right, but fascism will destroy itself in the end, it always does.  The unknown is the body count. 

No disagreement.  Fascism is unsustainable for any meaningful period of time.  But it's breathtakingly destructive during its tenure.  Which is why pursuing it is utter fucking insanity, but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

barack obama GIF

Tow truck driver throwing rocks through windshields and diddling kids. Somebody who did some major Dark Web shit and will probably never leave prison. Somebody showing her tits, laughing about not running for office, runs for Austin City Council and wins.  Somebody who “accidentally” killed the class bully while trying to scare the shit out of them (thought the fucking safety was on but in the heat of the moment things got dicey), and their uncle loaded the body into the trunk of a stolen ‘79 Ford LTD, drove it up to Eastern Oklahoma, and dumped it into a flooded coal pit that was going to be filled in.  

And we don't know that Colton Pitonyak and Lauren Hall were not members here.  I think a poster here did date Lauren.

Guest Lobo

On TOS, (right up until the end I think)...we had a poster who briefly ran Trump's Texas campaign in late 2015/early 2016.  For all the depraved times this guy and I had together, it was his shame over that role in politics that finally made him fold it in.  I always found that interesting.   

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s going to take decades to recover from Trump, if we’re lucky. 

it only get worst. the next trump will be much smarter and consolidate power like we've never seen before. if trump had declared marshal law on 1/6, he'd likely still be in office 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Click on Pittman's thread about Nabors. Whole lotta prophecyin' going on there. It's a long thread, but interesting from a train wreck perspective in that it's hard to look away. A stat in the thread noted that Batesville is 42% African-American.

Also: he keeps some bad company. Bannon in 2017

Eddie Nabors poses with daughter Laura Nabors and Steven Bannon

Gohmert at the Million MAGA March:

Eddie Nabors poses with daughter Laura Nabors and Louie Gohmert

Lastly, I figured he was going for the stately and benevolent (to the enslaved) Colonel Sanders look and didn't consider this comment:

I'm just gong to say this,  and this will be it. 
It's most likely unbelievable to anyone on here,  and it's from a past life that I've left behind. 
I'm not proud of it and it holds me back. I've seen some shit,  survived some shit,  and outlived some shit, and even if I told you,  you'd probably not believe me.
Last time we went through this I learned a valuable lesson. 

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/4/2021 at 4:22 PM, Brisketexan said:

Except, you know, you said the same thing to us when we read the OBVIOUS signs and said "this shit ends in violence."  And then....

GettyImages-1230454732.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

05dd67d5-25ed-4578-afd9-175baddf0acb_192

Someday -- probably when it's way too late -- you'll realize that all of this shit has been coming, like a freight train, and it still is.  And the best part is, they are fucking telling us that it's coming, and this is what they are going to do....and you STILL don't believe them.

I've come to realize that the vast majority of you will not accept that the GQP is now part and parcel of a fascist movement that is dead-set on seizing power and never surrendering it via force and violence until after it's already happened, and it's a done-deal.  Maybe it's just too shitty an outcome for your brain to accept.  But it's exactly where we're headed.  It's where we were headed before January 6th, and we haven't altered course.

So this is who Manchin is trying to negotiate with?  Seems like a reasonable position.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I messaged Swalwell on FB thanking him from Alabama and saying we'd adopt him as our Rep. Now that communication has been established, all I have to do is catch Mo sneaking down the alley, tackle him (bet he's meaner than a greased gator,) and once we get his jaws tied shut, call my man Eric to come scoop him up.

Check this shit out lol

• Drool 1

Guest Lobo

Have 500 tourists ever been arrested at the same site?  

This is gonna make for one epic fucking Fodor update to their D.C. travel guides. 

On 6/6/2021 at 10:42 PM, Gatorubet said:

No offense dude, but that did not hit my radar then, and if it did, I can’t recall. No matter. Glad you are doing well now, and hope you have even better days ahead.

No offense taken.  

Thanks for the well wishes

OMG, Roger Stone can really recruit 'em. Wow. Read the whole thread by Wheeler. Favorite post in the thread is where the guy admits to storming four other Capitols in various states. Second favorite is where he is being recorded with his statement and then is like, don't tell anybody. The judge is keeping him confined.

9 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

A bunch of crazy fucks stormed the capitol and some people got dead.  It made the news and everything.

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Some guy mobilized a mob to overthrow the federal government which injured 140+ police officers, and he’s not sorry about it.

I meant did the guy get released or what.  His hearing was yesterday.  Come on, man!