2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

It’s like y’all don’t even remember that helobodouche doesn’t pay up on bets that he loses. See - the bet(s) he made previously where he proclaimed that he would never post again if he lost.

He’s a regard who should be met with scorn and derision every time he finds a reliable WiFi signal in the valley.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

“Never records a save again” might be hyperbole. He may get a handful of save opps for various reasons. Should’ve said his days of being a lights out closer are well over. You guys forget how quickly closers go downhill once they lose “it”. See Gagne, Eric & Hoffman, Trevor. That’s where Chapman is at now. 

Also lulzed at Derka trying to compare Chapman’s bad stretch to others. Chap has an ERA over 20 in his last 6 appearances or something ridiculous. That’s not a blip or a bad stretch, that’s a trend.

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yankees turned to Chad green to get the save tonight. 

Pretty safe to say that Chapman is done as a major leaguer. I’m sure he’ll get some mop up duty here & there, but I’d bet anything he’ll never record another save. The guy just doesn’t have it anymore. I remember the first time I saw him he was playing with the Cuban national team. He was probably a shitty person but the dude had a hell of a career, lit up the radar gun like no one else.

You are dumber than a bag of hair. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Helobious said:

“Never records a save again” might be hyperbole. He may get a handful of save opps for various reasons. Should’ve said his days of being a lights out closer are well over. You guys forget how quickly closers go downhill once they lose “it”. See Gagne, Eric & Hoffman, Trevor. That’s where Chapman is at now. 

Also lulzed at Derka trying to compare Chapman’s bad stretch to others. Chap has an ERA over 20 in his last 6 appearances or something ridiculous. That’s not a blip or a bad stretch, that’s a trend.

of course you think that six appearances is a some huge, definitive sample size. "lulz at derka trying to compare Chapman's bad stretch to others." right. because Chapman's poor last six appearances means he's done, while Craig Kimbrel being terrible for two entire seasons only to once again become dominant means nothing. you're an idiot and you deserve everything that people say to/about you.

Edited by shadow_operative

51 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Also forgot about K-Rod. Super dominant angels closer back in the day that suddenly vanished into nothing. 

LMAO, "back in the day". he was an all star in 2015 you rube. oh and his first all star appearance was in 2004, 11 years prior. but yeah, that dude just "fell off", didn't he?

K-Rod might literally be the worst example you could have possibly used, as his career stats empirically disprove the point you're trying to make. he was dominant for years; then he was meh-bad for years; then he was dominant for multiple years again. so just a great call bringing K Rod into the discussion. i mean are you on some sort of special mission to break your own record for showing your ass in one day or what? 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/8/2021 at 1:14 AM, Helobious said:

Yankees turned to Chad green to get the save tonight. 

Pretty safe to say that Chapman is done as a major leaguer. I’m sure he’ll get some mop up duty here & there, but I’d bet anything he’ll never record another save. The guy just doesn’t have it anymore. I remember the first time I saw him he was playing with the Cuban national team. He was probably a shitty person but the dude had a hell of a career, lit up the radar gun like no one else.

Lmao.  His release point has been trending to more horizontal lately, so he may be hurt, but the stuff is still there.  It's not like he's out there throwing 91 or something.  He'll be fine when he can correct that mechanical issue.  

22 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

LMAO, "back in the day". he was an all star in 2015 you rube. oh and his first all star appearance was in 2004, 11 years prior. but yeah, that dude just "fell off", didn't he?

K-Rod might literally be the worst example you could have possibly used

Donnie Moore would have been worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

And that is why you should never leave a game early.  

well unless you are about to get some pussy

Fun fact: I was at an Astros game in '94 or '95.  The Cardinals led 11-0 after 3.  Astros won 15-12.  Biggest comeback in franchise history and the most fun I've ever had a non-playoff game.

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Fun fact: I was at an Astros game in '94 or '95.  The Cardinals led 11-0 after 3.  Astros won 15-12.  Biggest comeback in franchise history and the most fun I've ever had a non-playoff game.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU199407180.shtml

First MLB game I ever attended:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU198609060.shtml

When Cruz hit the homer the Astrodome exploded. Apparently even 21,000 people could make that place loud as hell. My 4-year-old little brother started crying because of all the noise and my mom, dad, and I didn't even notice for like a minute. I'm thankful that my dad taught me when I was young that you never leave early.

Edited by Huckleberry

3 hours ago, Scraps said:

And that is why you should never leave a game early.  

well unless you are about to get some pussy

some friends of mine left the Army game in 09 when Army took a four un lead over Texas in the top of the 9th during the regionals. i saw them walking out so i called one of them and when he answered i simply said, "you're a bad fan." he laughed and said the game was over and they were going to beat the traffic. Preston Clark ended up hitting a walk-off grand slam for Texas, and that friend of mine is now dead, so. lesson learned. 

I'll always remember this game as the classic "never leave early" lesson....Astros vs Braves GM 4 2005 NLDS.

Atlanta and Tim Hudson were cruising against the Astros and led 6-1 in the bottom of the 8th. Quite a few Astros fans were leaving sold-out Minute Maid Park to beat the traffic, including the wealthy older season-ticket holding couple sitting next to me in the club seats that Sunday afternoon. I'll never forget what they said to me: "we don't normally leave early but we have somewhere we need to be....." 

They weren't gone long before the Astros scrapped together an infield single and a walk to open the B8th and chase Hudson from the game. Enter Kyle Farnsworth to face Craig Biggio, who hits what should have been a 5-4-3 gidp but Chipper Jones's throw barely pulled Julio Franco off the bag and Biggio was ruled safe to leave runners at the corners with one out. Then Farnsworth gives up another walk to load the bases. Berkman comes up and hits a grand slam to bring the Astros within one run.

The Astros get to the bottom of the ninth still down 6-5 and Farnsworth gets two quick outs before Ausmus steps in the box and hits an unbelievable and unlikely game-tying HR to send it to extras.

Then, of course, both teams go another eight+ scoreless innings and Roger Clemens comes on to pitch the 16th, 17th, and 18th innings before the biggest moment of Chris Burke's career.....and one of the best games I've ever attended. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Was at texans game that day. Most of fourth quarter there was a lets go astros chant going on. Lots cheering and celebrate for berkman and ausmus home runs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can hardly believe the Texans have been around that long. Amazing what little they’ve achieved since their inaugural season. 

• Like 1