Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Wonder if they'll go ahead and take Miller as the 2nd RB, or try and search for bigger fish? He recently landed Florida so he's on the big schools' radars, and also got ISU, who scouts RBs as well as anyone (Kareem Hunt, David Montgomery, Breece Hall)

• Like 1

Horns 247 / Mike Roach / Texas lands commitment from elite 2022 running back Jaydon Blue

Spoiler

Texas lands commitment from elite 2022 running back Jaydon Blue

MikeRoach

The 2022 class could be rolling for Steve Sarkisian very soon.

The Longhorns just added a massive piece in Jaydon Blue. The four-star running back from Klein (Texas) Cain chose the Longhorns over offers from Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Texas A&M among others.

The Longhorns were one of the first programs to offer Blue and have been a favorite for him for quite a while. Texas running backs coach Stan Drayton and assistant Brandon Harris have been massive in this recruitment.

Blue joins four-star cornerback Jaylon Guilbeau and four-star wide receiver Armani Winfield as the other commits in the 2022 class for Texas. The addition of Blue could trigger a reaction for other highly-ranked prospects to take notice of Texas. A member of the prolific 7v7 club FAST Houston, Blue is known for a magnetic personality and has several friends who Texas is also targeting.

His teammates on his 7v7 club include fellow commit Jaylon Guilbeau along with Texas target and Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy safety Kamari Wilson and Saint Louis (Mo.) St.Mary's wide receiver Kevin Coleman.

Blue rose to a lofty ranking after boasting impressive verified numbers including a 10.97 100-meter time. Blue also backed it up on the field being named the 15-6A offensive newcomer of the year as a sophomore. As a junior with a four-star target on his back, Blue ran for 2,155 yards and 30 touchdowns.

247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Gabe Brooks sums up Blue in the following way.

"Adequate height and requisite bulk with a prototypical running back build. Above-average length could allow for more mass. Outstanding production as a junior with 6 of 11 games 200-plus yards and 9.5 yards per carry facing strong competition. Played with impressive contact balance and run-finishing ability. Displays functional run strength beyond listed size. Slippery strong and has repeatedly shown ability to break multiple tackles and maximize runs. Big-play speed verified by 10.97 100 freshman track time. Flashes impressive redirection with quick-footed suddenness in the hole. Doesn't have to gear down much to change directions and bursts off cuts. Unique ability to vary run style from juker to glider to finisher as needed. Limited pass-catching reps. Top-end play speed is good but at times may not live up to sub-11.00 track speed. Looks like one of the top running backs in the country's 2022 class. Projects as a high-major impact starter with long-term NFL Draft early-round potential."

At 5-foot-11.5, 205 pounds, Blue is ranked as the No. 4 running back in the nation and No. 11 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You remind me of a less refined and sophisticated ctj without the Galveston beach house 

Oh. I see your time on the football board has also made you a bit of an overly sensitive little bitch. Well ok. 

giphy.gif

That being said I'm fairly comfortable with your assessment, even though I once saw CTJ spend 15 minutes cleaning his teeth with the cocktail fork at Pappa's Steakhouse. Then again, I was wearing rubber flip flops with knee high socks and a T-Shirt that said Show Me Your Tits, so maybe you're onto something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Oh. I see your time on the football board has also made you a bit of an overly sensitive little bitch. Well ok. 

giphy.gif

That being said I'm fairly comfortable with your assessment, even though I once saw CTJ spend 15 minutes cleaning his teeth with the cocktail fork at Pappa's Steakhouse. Then again, I was wearing rubber flip flops with knee high socks and a T-Shirt that said Show Me Your Tits, so maybe you're onto something. 

I’m going to assume he was wearing this shirt:

CE309868-65E9-497B-A72B-7C0F4273B2A3.webp

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

That stupid motherfucker needs to keep Earl out of his mouth. 

On the one hand, I would like Texas to get a better RB coach (or Sark to trick Drayton into thinking he’s no longer in semi-retirement), but on the other hand I want us to keep him just for the golf clap rage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

On the one hand, I would like Texas to get a better RB coach (or Sark to trick Drayton into thinking he’s no longer in semi-retirement), but on the other hand I want us to keep him just for the golf clap rage. 

If we get a new RB coach, there will always be the Sweaty Fat Pat Rage for us to fall back on...maybe if he falls on his face as a HC, we can get Justin Fuente to rebound as RB coach at Texas. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

If we get a new RB coach, there will always be the Sweaty Fat Pat Rage for us to fall back on...maybe if he falls on his face as a HC, we can get Justin Fuente to rebound as RB coach at Texas

First, I will kill you for even speaking this possibility into existence. 

Second, did you motherfuckers all forget that we hired Terry Joseph? He's sure to get us in on some DBs that turn around with the agility of a gooseneck trailer being pulled by a Yugo. And the longer we go without a functioning player personnel dept the more likely we get TJ eval into the class. You'll know it was Joseph eval because the sundial being used laughed at his 40. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought the only reason Tennessee was in trouble was because the school hurt itself by voluntarily airing out all the dirty laundry to try and get out of paying Pruitt's buyout. Not because of any investigative sleuthing the NCAA was doing.

By that token, Georgia will never see the same punishment unless Kirby reaches similar levels of ineptitude and the powers that be at jawja want him out ASAP. Tennessee's squealing on itself, not on other schools.

I've read in various places that Tennessee, LSU, FLA and Georgia all have come under the scrutiny of the NCAA investigative arm.  Will anyone beyond the Volunteers get hammered?  I have no idea, but I thought that is the reason for the LSU exodus and why Mullen was looking into the possibility of latching on with an NFL team. 

Hook'em Blue! Sorry for the million "You're my boy Blue" jokes coming from every fan born between 1980 - 1990.

Smart of Drayton to get his work done early this cycle, LJ really made him put in some OT by taking things right down to the wire. Now that Stan has his one guy locked-in he can just coast for the next 18 months or so. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Doubt that Raleek Brown is even a remote possibility.

Who do you all think would be the best complementary back in the class - to Blue, or the to position group overall?

Just take Jamarion Miller. He's got a bunch of schools after him as an RB1 but he likes UT.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Hook'em Blue! Sorry for the million "You're my boy Blue" jokes coming from every fan born between 1980 - 1990.

Smart of Drayton to get his work done early this cycle, LJ really made him put in some OT by taking things right down to the wire. Now that Stan has his one guy locked-in he can just coast for the next 18 months or so. 

He better not coast for the next 18 months or so. He better stay on him like a barnacle, stay in constant contact and do his laundry, etc. ‘til the ink is dry. Errybody will keep coming after him until it’s official. All gas, no brakes never stops.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

He better not coast for the next 18 months or so. He better stay on him like a barnacle, stay in constant contact and do his laundry, etc. ‘til the ink is dry. Errybody will keep coming after him until it’s official. All gas, no brakes never stops.

Drayton: fuck that ice cube GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Gerry on Drew Hughes

Spoiler

Inside Texas has learned Drew Hughes, who is still waiting to be cleared by the University’s compliance department to become Steve Sarkisian’s director of player personnel for the Longhorns, is now receiving interest for a similar role at Arkansas.

“Just heard (the Texas) AD won’t budge,” an industry insider told IT today. “Interesting how one school can take him and the other can’t.”

We are told nothing is official at this point and do not know if Hughes would even be interested in the role at Arkansas. Hughes was formerly the director of player personnel at South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, NC State and Central Florida.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting