Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Take Murphy now and try to get a second QB take out of Texas. Hoover would be fantastic but doubt he wants to be the second QB take. I am with CTJ on Klubnik, let him go to aggy

No way. Keep working on Ewers. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Take Murphy now and try to get a second QB take out of Texas. Hoover would be fantastic but doubt he wants to be the second QB take. I am with CTJ on Klubnik, let him go to aggy

Have a feeling Weigman has a better shot with aggy than Klubs.. can't wait to see how they do in the elite 11

I coached against Sam and Klubnik in 7s for years. I don't think anyone over here (LT) believes Klubnik is the same level prospect as Sam was. I think Klubnik is a safe pick, as he has a high floor. He is a safe QB, good athlete, good arm, and makes good decisions. If you are looking for a game manager, he certainly fits that bill. I dont think you can go wrong with taking him as a QB but I dont think the potential payoff is anywhere near what Ewers brings.

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

I coached against Sam and Klubnik in 7s for years. I don't think anyone over here (LT) believes Klubnik is the same level prospect as Sam was. I think Klubnik is a safe pick, as he has a high floor. He is a safe QB, good athlete, good arm, and makes good decisions. If you are looking for a game manager, he certainly fits that bill. I dont think you can go wrong with taking him as a QB but I dont think the potential payoff is anywhere near what Ewers brings.

so you're saying Klubnik would be a perfect fit in Jimbo's offense. Which means...

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Have a feeling Weigman has a better shot with aggy than Klubs.. can't wait to see how they do in the elite 11

this is probably true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That Roach write-up about the HS coaches takes regarding Herman and his staff is fucking gold. Either he fashioned the story out of thin air, which I doubt, or he talked to some of the dumbest, least informed dipshits available at the gathering. 

Regarding Herman coming up as an assistant and being captain gregarious, huh? He was a known asshole but considered innovative and aggressive, so he got away with it. His personality never drew high marks. Then, his behavior at UH, for anyone paying attention, only cemented what kind of loser this guy was turning out to be.

Regarding HS coaches frowning on Herman dumping his assistants, what in the fuck was to be expected? These are the same HS coaches that advised kids to sit and wait until the dust settled at Texas with Herman, and who never advocated positives to the $9.95ers while the assistants were on the staff.

In short, only a fucking idiot would find it even vaguely fruitful to offer a defense, of any sort, for Herman's staff. Adding to that, defending Drew Fucking Meh is a high point of oblivious stupidity from Roach. It's bizarre and hard to fathom. That fucking clown was a pure net negative, and that's what he's been, wherever he's been, and why he's at some directional school right now, probably hanging on by a fucking string. 

Yeah, high school coaches as a whole are a pretty flaky bunch.  You talk to 50 of them and you can find any story you want to fit your narrative, or at least to give your readers some bullshit juicy tidbit.

It sounds like for the most part they thought Herman was an asshat. As far as the rest of it regarding their opinions, fan fiction.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Perroni on Bear

"Georgia is one to watch here"

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

Guess the kid was serious about his mom situation.. bags are being delivered.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

A Georgia 247 mod made a thread titled "***May want to watch this decision on Wednesday" with a link to his 247 page in the body

Georgia waltzing into Texas and potentially buying a recruit that both us and aggy wants is a massive problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Teryor said:

Roach: 

What the heck could schools be using to negative recruit us for a WR? Sark's offense just put out 4 1st rounders in 2 years and won a national championship. Herman's UT teams have also put 3 in the NFL. 

Schools are clearly scared of this new staff but so far they're being frustratingly effective at slowing down any quick bump

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

What the heck could schools be using to negative recruit us for a WR? Sark's offense just put out 4 1st rounders in 2 years and won a national championship. Herman's UT teams have also put 3 in the NFL. 

They're negative-recruiting Sark's personal issues.

16 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Schools are clearly scared of this new staff but so far they're being frustratingly effective at slowing down any quick bump

I bet they aren't negative recruiting Sark as much as the University's last decade. Multiple coaches, under-achieving, instability etc. "Texas is where coaches and players go to underachieve, Sark won't be any different and you don't want to end up playing for some other random guy in 3 years". It's bullshit but 11 years is most of a college junior's life and they have no memory of Texas being any good.

That's fine, making another coaching move was always going to open us up to that kind of negative recruiting. If this staff can get the main targets to hold off on making a decision until putting a product on the field we're good. Start stacking some wins/developing relationships/dropping bags and we'll be cooking.

I fucking hope Davis is dirty and that Sark's new office has a hidden floor safe where bags of money can be pulled from.

I'd like to see Davis, Banks and the monkey run recruiting like a corner in West Baltimore.

Davis gets the Price to buy the recruit's services, flips recruit to Banks who gives signal to monkey to bring the money to the recruit's handler's car as they drive past DKR on their way home from a visit.

Or if we want to act like we are doing it on the up and up, create a lot of shell companies and do BS NIL work where recruits get payment estimates of what they will earn the moment they show up on campus from these entities and also run spotlight shows on the various 7v7 handlers & "coaches" on LHN so they can get paid.

Gloves off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I fucking hope Davis is dirty and that Sark's new office has a hidden floor safe where bags of money can be pulled from.

I'd like to see Davis, Banks and the monkey run recruiting like a corner in West Baltimore.

Davis gets the Price to buy the recruit's services, flips recruit to Banks who gives signal to monkey to bring the money to the recruit's handler's car as they drive past DKR on their way home from a visit.

Or if we want to act like we are doing it on the up and up, create a lot of shell companies and do BS NIL work where recruits get payment estimates of what they will earn the moment they show up on campus from these entities and also run spotlight shows on the various 7v7 handlers & "coaches" on LHN so they can get paid.

Gloves off.

the wire roland brice GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I bet they aren't negative recruiting Sark as much as the University's last decade. Multiple coaches, under-achieving, instability etc. "Texas is where coaches and players go to underachieve, Sark won't be any different and you don't want to end up playing for some other random guy in 3 years". It's bullshit but 11 years is most of a college junior's life and they have no memory of Texas being any good.

That's fine, making another coaching move was always going to open us up to that kind of negative recruiting. If this staff can get the main targets to hold off on making a decision until putting a product on the field we're good. Start stacking some wins/developing relationships/dropping bags and we'll be cooking.

Like I said before, which is common knowledge is for Sark to show improvement during the season. If he can show he's not some dumbass and actually makes us competitive against ou recruits will follow. Then there's not much that can be negative recruited against. 

• Hook 'Em 1

PERRONI - for Bear.

UPDATE MON. 12:15 PM: I had two different people tell me this morning that Georgia was the team to watch for. I put in a Crystal Ball pick for the Bulldogs. But, I think this is a recrutment that will continue all the way up until he signs.

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 2

Via aggy247 poster tricer— Brenan Thompson wouldn’t start at DeSoto. 

Sometimes it seems like you know your football and I am impressed. Other times you have some head scratcher evals. This one is the latter. 

If Thompson played for DeSoto he wouldn’t even be a starter 

If you looking for a jolt of electricity, check out this kid. He is twice the player that Thompson is.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12746763/5fa959578cd56408641e8238

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

They’re going to keep working on Ewers, but that shit has a deadline and we’re getting closer to it.

Lol the staff was hired this month. There’s still plenty of time. Not only is Ewers significantly better than Murphy, but he’s so way more for class momentum and recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol the staff was hired this month. There’s still plenty of time. Not only is Ewers significantly better than Murphy, but he’s so way more for class momentum and recruiting. 

Question.. is Ewers really the pied piper most were screaming he was after he committed to us last summer?  I know Tom screwed up big time with the near loss at Tech, then coming home and losing to TCU.  But since Ewers committed to tosu.. other than Burton who was always a tosu lean..who exactly is he pied pipering to columbus to join him?

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Liucci made some comment about Bo Davis being a dirty recruiter. 

nomsnoms_zpsb93e3358.gif

Alexander perfectly fits the profile of the Jimbo Fisher "out of nowhere" lockup. The guy has posted publicly that he has to take care of his mother with his decision. That's like the idiots that fucking post videos of having wads of cash. So he's not going anywhere for free. He's worth the risk for them given his talent and his ranking. He hasn't exactly been all ATM and now he's committing somewhere and no one has a clear view yet of where. Right. 

I guess if it's Georgia, that's also very on brand. Either way, for those saying "this one won't be over until signing day", I submit exhibits 1-x of Wright, Williams, Leal, Demas, Richardson, Jones, etc. I expect this one to be done done. Sucks, because I was hoping Texas would have time to get infrastructure in place to compete for guys like this. 

I remain of the opinion that Dewberry, Perkins, Taylor, and Banks could all quickly be next, irrespective of what anyone thinks about any of their talents.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I remain of the opinion that Dewberry, Perkins, Taylor, and Banks could all quickly be next, irrespective of what anyone thinks about any of their talents.

Is there a time limit on when we'd be out of the woods regarding them getting locked up? 

56 minutes ago, Getafix said:

PERRONI - for Bear.

UPDATE MON. 12:15 PM: I had two different people tell me this morning that Georgia was the team to watch for. I put in a Crystal Ball pick for the Bulldogs. But, I think this is a recrutment that will continue all the way up until he signs.

Gee, wonder what this means?  Both teams are on probation, as are a good chunk of the SEC.  

Edited by Mdhorn

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Harsin at Auburn trying to make a run at Klubnik? Either way you wouldn't be wrong. He'd be ending up as some species of aggy.

3 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I hope Weigman goes the way of Kohl Stewart. Commits to aggy and then goes pro in something else (baseball).

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I interpret that as a "there's always a chance for another SEC team to outbid them" statement.

Homer Excited Price Is Right GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

When the staff was hired is not the point and is not relevant. What’s relevant is when other QBs start committing. Even understanding that Ewers is the top prospect, you’re not going to wait on him forever when he’s already committed to another school, and possibly miss out on the other top prospects.

There is a deadline, and given that QBs tend to commit early, that deadline is probably sooner than many think.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Via aggy247 poster tricer— Brenan Thompson wouldn’t start at DeSoto. 

Sategna track times:

100: 10.8 (doesn't run the 100 anymore, which kind of says all you need to know?)

200: 21.93

Thompson track times:

100: 10.32

200: 21.51

247 (non composite) has Sategna as #175 overall and Thompson is #149

"If you looking for a jolt of electricity" Brenen Thompson absolutely is that.

Spoiler

both have offers from A&M btw lol also in a funny move Thompson's primary recruiter is listed as Terry Price, who I am pretty sure Thompson could run the 100m faster than Price could run the 20m

1 minute ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

In my twitter stalking I noticed that Malik Henry's last few follows are Stewart, Coleman Jr, Sexton, and Texas Football. maybe a decision for him is closer than we think.

He looked talented on Last Chance U but I'm pretty sure he's out of eligibility.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

PERRONI - for Bear.

Georgia?  Someone is getting played for one last bag.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting