Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The bottom line with this cycle is that Texas is in a chaotic, unstable position in every way. UT has a new staff trying to figure itself out. NIL is a disruption for everyone, but add that to the new staff and the corruption led by Plonsky on the compliance side, and it's compounded at UT. All enemies, outside of mostly OU, absurdly, are cheating like motherfuckers for players in Texas, taking it to Georgia levels - ATM does not give any fucks. Texas has no history or infrastructure for facilitating getting recruits and handlers what is now becoming tablestakes in the game. 

What does all of that add up to? Massive uncertainty. It's part of why the $9.95ers have struggled so much with UT during this cycle. 

So could Perkins wind up at Texas? No one has a clue right now. He definitely likes Austin. He likes that Texas is going to the SEC and the word is more sooner than later. He could start immediately if he's as good as he thinks he is. Can they get him as much or more of whatever he, the mom and the uncle want versus other options? No idea. 

This sounds a little bit different from what you've been saying. Has there been a shift from "Texas isn't playing the game," to more of "Texas is trying to figure out how to play the game more effectively."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

This sounds a little bit different from what you've been saying. Has there been a shift from "Texas isn't playing the game," to more of "Texas is trying to figure out how to play the game more effectively."

I think I've been pretty consistent for a while that Texas isn't standing still these days, but what that translates to for this class, or any other, is opaque. 

Now, how long with the bag game matter at this level? I've said for months that my view is that the bag game will become far less important past the next couple of classes, when NIL really does get figured out across the landscape. Black markets always exist, but they also can get significantly diminished with better legal replacements. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I think I've been pretty consistent for a while that Texas isn't standing still these days, but what that translates to for this class, or any other, is opaque. 

Now, how long with the bag game matter at this level? I've said for months that my view is that the bag game will become far less important past the next couple of classes, when NIL really does get figured out across the landscape. Black markets always exist, but they also can get significantly diminished with better legal replacements. 

I may have missed a few updates. It's good at least that there's movement. Lets just hope it's done fast enough to bridge the gap between NIL becoming weaponized and whatever grey area things are operating in currently.

Edited by BornAndRaised

56 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

And Corey Raymond is going to be out on his ass when Orgeron gets fired.  

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but Denver Harris doesn't strike me as stupid. 

Raymond is one of those rare institutional coaches that seem to weather coaching changes. Whoever comes in would be pretty stupid to let him go, and noone can seem to pull him away. I don't think it is a given that he is out after this year.  

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Five-star returning to Texas (again)

Steve Wiltfong

Hide contents

Five-star returning to Texas (again)

Steve Wiltfong

For a second-straight weekend Texas will host one of the nation's best prospects.

Cypress (Texas) Cy Park five-star Harold Perkins will be in Austin as the Longhorns host Texas Tech. Perkins was on campus for last Saturday's win over Rice and he took his official back in June.

"He enjoyed it but we made it up there late because his high school game had an hour delay for lighting," Perkins uncle Alvin Walton said of last weekend. "He wants to see and experience the entire game day festivities before and during the game.

Steve Sarkisian and the Longhorns are sitting on the 247Sports Composite's No. 3 recruiting class.

Perkins is the 247Sports Composite's top-ranked linebacker and No. 14 prospect overall.

"Put together well with a lean, athletic build," 247Sports National Analyst Gabe Brooks wrote in his evaluation. "Not overly long but good height and has some space to add mass in college. Dynamic two-way player with big-play ability with the ball in his hands and as an attacking defender. Legitimately could be a high-major running back prospect in addition to elite linebacker recruit. Outstanding tester in a combine setting (4.49 40 prior to junior season). Athleticism jumps off the screen. Flashes home run-hitting speed as a ball carrier that translates to broad pursuit range on defense. Displays consistent back-side chase-down athleticism. Fluidity shows in running back touches and in redirecting ability on defense. Often plays from the edge but also plays off the ball. Lines up at receiver, running back, and wingback for a wing-T offense. Easy athleticism that makes tough plays look less challenging than they really are. Size will dictate an off-ball role in college, but flashes impressive dip and pass-rush feel off the edge. Generally a sure tackler who can provide the big hit. Honing coverage technique will enhance positional and situational flexibility as a defender. Gets over-aggressive at times and can run himself out of position. Good play strength relative to size but will still need added mass and strength as he progresses to the next level. Size and average length could become an issue against big, athletic tight ends at the next level. Nevertheless, among the top prospects in Texas for his class and one of the top linebackers nationally. Possesses the potential to become a multi-year impact starter at the high-major level with long-term early-round NFL Draft upside."

He’s going to break our hearts 

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm sorry, but you think Sam Howell is a JAG? Okay then.

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The guy who until he started slowly this season was projected to potentially be the top pick in the NFL Draft screams JAG. 

Maybe he meant Jaguar

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

What exactly did you get again?

Honestly if you don't understand NFTs go somewhere else to look it up, I'm assuming you are being an asshole here.

I'm not in it longer term but have made some nice cash from Top Shot and have friends who have made $20k+ on TS 

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The bottom line with this cycle is that Texas is in a chaotic, unstable position in every way. UT has a new staff trying to figure itself out. NIL is a disruption for everyone, but add that to the new staff and the corruption led by Plonsky on the compliance side, and it's compounded at UT. All enemies, outside of mostly OU, absurdly, are cheating like motherfuckers for players in Texas, taking it to Georgia levels - ATM does not give any fucks. Texas has no history or infrastructure for facilitating getting recruits and handlers what is now becoming tablestakes in the game. 

What does all of that add up to? Massive uncertainty. It's part of why the $9.95ers have struggled so much with UT during this cycle. 

So could Perkins wind up at Texas? No one has a clue right now. He definitely likes Austin. He likes that Texas is going to the SEC and the word is more sooner than later. He could start immediately if he's as good as he thinks he is. Can they get him as much or more of whatever he, the mom and the uncle want versus other options? No idea. 

So you're telling me we just need to get Haribo on some sponsorship NIL to make it happen.  Works for me.

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

Honestly if you don't understand NFTs go somewhere else to look it up, I'm assuming you are being an asshole here.

I'm not in it longer term but have made some nice cash from Top Shot and have friends who have made $20k+ on TS 

I mean, I'd love some more details on this if you care to share how it works. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, I'd love some more details on this if you care to share how it works. 

This is all super general. Im giving examples that are sporting card ish adjacent. Same concept works for artwork NFTs though.

Basically this is a trading card (Non fungible token) that lives on the block chain instead of in your hands. You "own" it, it lives in a crypto wallet you control and only X are minted of each one. You can sell them, hold on to them or lose access to your account and lose them lol

Some are more rare than others, in this case the Bijan has a 1920? commons, 100 rare and 1 epic. 

Bitski/Candy is significantly behind Dapper Labs/Top Shot when it comes to basically anything from the actual NFTs to marketplace to fully baked concept. This is basically just some digital moving shit With his signature vs TS which is a specific play from the season with the actual footage of said play.

It's not like I'm planning on passing this down to my grandkids but it's a cool thing to have.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 7

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

This is all super general. Im giving examples that are sporting card ish adjacent. Same concept works for artwork NFTs though.

Basically this is a trading card (Non fungible token) that lives on the block chain instead of in your hands. You "own" it, it lives in a crypto wallet you control and only X are minted of each one. You can sell them, hold on to them or lose access to your account and lose them lol

Some are more rare than others, in this case the Bijan has a 1920? commons, 100 rare and 1 epic. 

Bitski/Candy is significantly behind Dapper Labs/Top Shot when it comes to basically anything from the actual NFTs to marketplace to fully baked concept. This is basically just some digital moving shit With his signature vs TS which is a specific play from the season with the actual footage of said play.

It's not like I'm planning on passing this down to my grandkids but it's a cool thing to have.

So what exactly do you get, though.

*ducks

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

I should have been more clear, but I'm stupid.

I get what an NFT is...I was asking more about what platforms are the best, how do you view what's available, how did you get involved in trading, etc. Basically where to go to get started and anything to read and learn. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I get what an NFT is...I was asking more about what platforms are the best, how do you view what's available, how did you get involved in trading, etc. Basically where to go to get started and anything to read and learn. 

In other words - how did you get into money-laundering and how much can you make?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Shit dude I can't help there. If you legit want to get into it send me a PM so I can put you in touch with another friend who is actually DEEP into it, seriously.

If you are trying to get in super early you have to be in specific discords for the NFT and then mint them early 

Basically my friends turned me onto Top Shot and that's almost the only place I'm involved today.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I was doing well in crypto horse racing but my horse broke its leg and we had to put it down. They turned it into a paste function. 

Zed. What a fucking joke.

7 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Ok.  This part.  Does everyone buy the same thing at the same price, but 121 people randomly get the rarer, more valuable NFTs?

120 people get one that's more rare than those buying Commons

One person gets some even more rare version.

Value wise it could be worth nothing. Depends on the market.

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In other words - how did you get into money-laundering and how much can you make?

I say this with one hundred percent certainty. That shit happens on top shot. I've been in scenarios where you are like yeah that's probably happening (amazon 1 of 1 ebooks)...but some of those TS sales are fishy as fuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There’s an NFT thread on the 6th Street Board where they talk about Top Shot, art NFTs, etc. those guys would probably be the best to ask. 

I know enough about NFTs to come late to a trend so those guys get maximum profits on their early adoption, but that’s about it. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'm too fucking old to understand why anyone would pay for a pic when you can just right-click and save for free.

Think about it like a baseball card. I can take a picture of someone's rare baseball card and print it and try to make it look the same. But if I try to sell it, it ain't gonna be worth shit because people will be able to tell it's not the real thing.

It's a digital picture, but it's coded in a way that makes it unique and a collectable. So there's sell-on value if he wins Heisman, first round pick, pro bowl, etc. If you just right click... Sure, you've got the picture, but if you try to sell the picture, you won't get shit for it because people will be able to tell it's not the real thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I know enough about NFTs to come late to a trend so those guys get maximum profits on their early adoption, but that’s about it. 

This sums it up for me. Jump into this marketplace to give the thing value that I would like it to have. Can you tell your friends and relatives about it, too?

11 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Yep. But for our purposes, we don’t want the cards/NFTs, we just want Bijan to have $10,000 so he’ll tell Denver Harris 

What we really want is a dedicated tik-tok house filled with influencers, because no matter how many times someone tries to explain that concept I won’t understand the value of it either. Therefore, it must be important.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Ok.  This part.  Does everyone buy the same thing at the same price, but 121 people randomly get the rarer, more valuable NFTs?

They’re all for sale individuall, not blind boxes. The rare is already sold out. 

For those laughing at NFTs, I bought a blind box Marvel comic on VeVe two weeks ago for $6.99, got a fairly rare version that I sold for $715 this week.  But yeah, I’m mainly just supporting Bijan with this. I bought one of his shirts also. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

They’re all for sale individuall, not blind boxes. The rare is already sold out. 

For those laughing at NFTs, I bought a blind box Marvel comic on VeVe two weeks ago for $6.99, got a fairly rare version that I sold for $715 this week.  But yeah, I’m mainly just supporting Bijan with this. I bought one of his shirts also. 

image.png.fc7a9585bb5c9b1e23106955f62e8f5b.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting