Jump to content
TexasFan21

Texas Recruiting Notes - 2018

Recommended Posts

On 7/27/2018 at 11:57 AM, Katfid54 said:

Excited to see where next he takes himself, his talents, and his legal problems!

Happy to announce I'll be furthering my education behind bars. RESPECT MY DECISION.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Happy to announce I'll be furthering my education behind bars. RESPECT MY DECISION.

No interviews, pls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

 What is this dude’s full name? And does he have some game tape? I think I’ve seen two videos of him and both times he’s going up against air. 

 

Golden Richards, Jr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

 What is this dude’s full name? And does he have some game tape? I think I’ve seen two videos of him and both times he’s going up against air. 

 

 

Lance Rentzel III

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

 What is this dude’s full name? And does he have some game tape? I think I’ve seen two videos of him and both times he’s going up against air. 

 

tumblr_mftg5byGo41rgjkhbo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"The victim did not wish to report this case immediately due to Watkins football status and source of family income being jeopardized, according to the incident report."

 

Did not realize UF players were paid so handsomely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting way to end a paragraph. 

She told police she was able to escape after she found a can of mace in her bag and sprayed Watkins. The report says Watkins believed the victim was pregnant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw on the LSU boards not to long they were talking about OT Badara Traore ( the JUCO that Duvernay supposedly told not to come to Texas ).  Anyways, apparently he's struggling.  Said he couldn't handle the heat in practices/out of shape and was getting beat off the edge/is slow.  I don't think he's starting for them.

Edit:  ourlads shows him starting at RT.  Must have improved since I saw the stuff on tigerdroppings.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw on the LSU boards not to long they were talking about OT Badara Traore ( the JUCO that Duvernay supposedly told not to come to Texas ).  Anyways, apparently he's struggling.  Said he couldn't handle the heat in practices/out of shape and was getting beat off the edge/is slow.  I don't think he's starting for them.

That's a real shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw on the LSU boards not to long they were talking about OT Badara Traore ( the JUCO that Duvernay supposedly told not to come to Texas ).  Anyways, apparently he's struggling.  Said he couldn't handle the heat in practices/out of shape and was getting beat off the edge/is slow.  I don't think he's starting for them.

Edit:  ourlads shows him starting at RT.  Must have improved since I saw the stuff on tigerdroppings.

Sounds like Duvernay is a smart guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish we held on to Rondale Moore.  Already two long TDs in the first half of the opener against Northwestern, showing off the explosive athletic ability his testing suggested he had.

On the other hand, it reiterated that our staff is way better at evaluating than EJ Holland.  So, we got that going for us, which is nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

😞

 

 

Ya you're right Chris, we forced him out for higher rated guys. 

On the bright side, I see this as more proof positive that our coaching staff is nailing evals on players. Especially last year with rubes like EJ doing the duck walk all year - WADDLEWADDLEWADDLEWADDLE and thinking they know better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well, it stings a bit but he seems like a good guy and hopefully Jamison, with his superior shuttle, is a good replacement. 

 

Mookie Wilson will make us forget about Rondale.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

 

Mookie Wilson will make us forget about Rondale.

 

Hopefully your just making a Joke but if not, it’s Mookie Cooper for future reference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Well, it stings a bit but he seems like a good guy and hopefully Jamison, with his superior shuttle, is a good replacement. 

Yea, wish we could have had him, but agree.  Also, good for Rondale going to a place to make an immediate impact, hard to fault a kid for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TexTexTex said:

Yea, wish we could have had him, but agree.  Also, good for Rondale going to a place to make an immediate impact, hard to fault a kid for that.

Agreed- he is able to make an instant impact at Purdue. If he came here, he’d probably be sitting behind some talented upper classmen for a year (not saying he wouldn’t deserve to start over them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hornsfan91 said:

Anyone has the clip of O’Neal getting scored on last night?

5:58 mark - just after the VJax fumble ::

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Eagles play after the first snap? He might well have, but I just recall him having to run onto the field because of a "wardrobe malfunction" or something with CJ. Which itself struck me as odd, after 8 1/2 months to prep for the first play...but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Did Eagles play after the first snap? He might well have, but I just recall him having to run onto the field because of a "wardrobe malfunction" or something with CJ. Which itself struck me as odd, after 8 1/2 months to prep for the first play...but whatever.

Did Johnson’s johnson fall out of the bottom of his pants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Did Johnson’s johnson fall out of the bottom of his pants?

Depends if he's a grower or a shower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah well Jamison had two touches for negative 6 yards, so it’s pretty much a wash.

He did have 73 yards on kick returns,.  He will do great if we just limit him to opportunities where the OC has no influence on the play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, not gonna take joy in that. Him getting pancaked every snap he plays and ending up emptying the garbage cans on my block, maybe, but not this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, zzz said:

Nah, not gonna take joy in that. Him getting pancaked every snap he plays and ending up emptying the garbage cans on my block, maybe, but not this.

Agreed but the curse still applies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nah, not gonna take joy in that. Him getting pancaked every snap he plays and ending up emptying the garbage cans on my block, maybe, but not this.
Yours isn't to decide how the curse manifests. Yours is to look away while it does its business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I really think we should start thinking about running that out as our roster^^^^^

wouldnt have minded seeing some Coburn or Ojomo late. not like we were getting to the QB anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...