Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Some absolute gems from Ketch, who hasn’t even watched these guys play because he’s too busy sitting at home eating Cheetos off his bloated stomach while rage tweeting some conservative politician until his phone screen is so orange, he can’t even see what he’s typing, but keeps tweeting anyways.

added this one just for fun: 

Wrong thread but JQJ actually climbed 4 spots since the last rankings so that blows up the ACL excuse 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

The only thing I'd trust that bald, fat fuck to rank is the best buffets in Austin. 

Don't sell him short. He has many skills. I've personally witnessed his efforts to try to get college girls fall over drunk and take them home with the lure of his expensive car and the line "Hey, I own Orangebloods." So you can trust him to an entire buffet, as it were, of amoral behavior as well. Embezzlement. Over-serving women 20 years his junior. Poor to non-existent hygiene. He's an excellent slouch.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Don't sell him short. He has many skills. I've personally witnessed his efforts to try to get college girls fall over drunk and take them home with the lure of his expensive car and the line "Hey, I own Orangebloods." So you can trust him to an entire buffet, as it were, of amoral behavior as well. Embezzlement. Over-serving women 20 years his junior. Poor to non-existent hygiene. He's an excellent slouch.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Holy fucking shit! Surprise, surprise, surprise!

I wonder if Harvdog is ever going to actually understand what's going on with his little buddy, or if he's going to play the "he's a great kid that will go to Texas in the end blah blah blah" card straight off the fucking cliff into the fiery doom that is this guy selling himself off to Bama or UGA?

I need to go find the "rules" I wrote in a thread last summer about when we know we probably aren't going to wind up getting the player. I wonder if one of them was "If the player is a prima donna constantly posting things about himself and talking shit on social media, he's probably not a fit". If that isn't on there, we need to add it. Otherwise, this guy fits the bill for "guys going to the SEC with zero fucks given beyond grabbing that bag". 

Thank god he has that “uncle” that will cut the deal to get his senior year paid at IMG and then pad his pockets to send him off to the SEC.   

The Information I shared was what he had told my son.  Sorry if it isnt up to your standards. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Harvdog's son will be so sad. Also yeah dude's definitely going SEC.

Harvdog's been full of shit from the beginning, he just didn't know it. Taking 17 year-olds at their word isn't always a good idea, particularly when said 17 year-old is a two-faced troll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Harvdog's been full of shit from the beginning, he just didn't know it. Taking 17 year-olds at their word isn't always a good idea, particularly when said 17 year-old is a two-faced troll.

Thanks Pete. I will take your assessment under advisement. 

17 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

The Information I shared was what he had told my son.  Sorry if it isnt up to your standards. 

The information you shared was wrong. It was obviously wrong to everyone with two eyes who didn't have a personal connection to the kid and wasn't emotionally invested in his recruitment. You continued to insist that you were right, that ctj and everyone else was wrong, and how dare we question the motives of a pre-madonna with an obvious hand out. And you were fucking wrong. That's about all there is to it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Thank god he has that “uncle” that will cut the deal to get his senior year paid at IMG and then pad his pockets to send him off to the SEC.   

What isn't up to my standards is all of the horrible shit you've typed at me that escalated things into some level of what appeared to be driving you temporarily insane in a few of your posts. And why? Because I had the audacity to call this guy out for what he is and what he's doing. You made it incredibly personal from your side. I started out as entertained, but it's mostly gotten boring. 

So let's do this. Fuck you on your weak apology. It's not accepted in the same spirit in which it was offered. Beyond that, I'll mock Adeleye with impunity for being the trolling, hand-out having dipshit that he is. You, in turn, can put me on ignore and shut the fuck up about it. I'll do the same with you, and we can all live and die in peace. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I expect Ash will want a smaller dude who can hold up in man when needed But is still physical and aggressive against the run (basing out of quarters doesn’t necessarily require great man skills for the Nickel, since he’s mostly covering a short zone, but the need to mix it up with Cover 1 and include enough wrinkles to keep offenses honest does).

I generally agree with this and have been thinking it for awhile. And given this, what's with everyone predicting Jamison to start at CB next year?  He's a way better fit at NB under Ash's system than basically anyone else we have on the roster.  Also, given how much we're going to ask our CBs to play man, Cook and Green make really good sense there.

Then you have Sterns/Brown/Foster/Overshown/Thompson in the rotation for, basically, three spots (Field Safety, Boundary Safety, and Will Backer), although Thompson will probably get some look at Nickel, too?

Edited by Katfid54

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

I generally agree with this and have been thinking it for awhile. And given this, what's with everyone predicting Jamison to start at CB next year?  He's a way better fit at NB under Ash's system than basically anyone else we have on the roster.  Also, given how much we're going to ask our CBs to play man, Cook and Jamison make really good sense there.

Then you have Sterns/Brown/Foster/Overshown/Thompson in the rotation for, basically, three spots (Field Safety, Boundary Safety, and Will Backer), although Thompson will probably get some look at Nickel, too?

Pretty sure you meant Cook and Green there, bud. I know they all look alike to you, but I expect you to at least be able to differentiate the names correctly. 

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

And given this, what's with everyone predicting Jamison to start at CB next year?

Are people doing that? I've been thinking it'll be Jamison and Thompson battling for nickel (with Jamison likely winning) 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pretty sure you meant Cook and Green there, bud.

Yep. Was thinking "Jalen" and typed Jamison again.

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Are people doing that? I've been thinking it'll be Jamison and Thompson battling for nickel (with Jamison likely winning) 

The $9.95 "previews" of Ash's defense that I've seen have had Jamison and Green as the starting CBs, with Cook vying for playing time.

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I generally agree with this and have been thinking it for awhile. And given this, what's with everyone predicting Jamison to start at CB next year?  He's a way better fit at NB under Ash's system than basically anyone else we have on the roster.  Also, given how much we're going to ask our CBs to play man, Cook and Jamison make really good sense there.

Yeah. I hope we see Jamison at Nickel. He’s pretty much the ideal guy. He can cover the slot 1 on 1, he’ll be a nightmare for QBs to read when he can undercut routes from the flat or drop middle zone, and he has the aggressiveness to tackle runners on the edge. I could see Thompson getting a chance there too, but he’s not quick enough in man vs the slot and not physical enough to be reliable there IMO. If Ash tries to play someone like Foster or Brown at Nickel, it probably won’t be a good sign. 

I do wonder how many 3 backer sets we’ll use. I could see us play an actual 4-3 against KSU and potentially Baylor. Definitely gonna need at least 1 spin down safety for those sets, at minimum. 

36 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah. I hope we see Jamison at Nickel. He’s pretty much the ideal guy. He can cover the slot 1 on 1, he’ll be a nightmare for QBs to read when he can undercut routes from the flat or drop middle zone, and he has the aggressiveness to tackle runners on the edge. I could see Thompson getting a chance there too, but he’s not quick enough in man vs the slot and not physical enough to be reliable there IMO. If Ash tries to play someone like Foster or Brown at Nickel, it probably won’t be a good sign. 

I do wonder how many 3 backer sets we’ll use. I could see us play an actual 4-3 against KSU and potentially Baylor. Definitely gonna need at least 1 spin down safety for those sets, at minimum. 

Curious if you think we even need a "traditional" linebacker like Dele or Mitchell in our 4-2-5, or if Foster and Overshown could be the "2" (assuming they are willing to do so).  If so, presumably Brown, Adimora and Owens would fight for reps at the safety opposite of Sterns.

IMG is better than street agents IMO

At least you know they will analyze where the best place.for him to capitalize on their investment. 

He is playing for IMG for free. They promise that they can develop him better than his HS.

They are his agent now if he makes it to the NFL.

Aggie 247 / Brian Perroni / 5-star CB Tony Grimes sets decision date

(Pretty big Aggie lean.  Latrell Neville's cousin.)

Spoiler

5-star CB Tony Grimes sets decision date

Brian Perroni

Tony Grimes of Virginia Beach (Va.) Princess Anne is the top-ranked cornerback in the country for the class of 2021. The 6-foot, 180-pound junior is rated as the No. 10 overall prospect in the nation, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

Not surprisingly, Grimes has the offer list to matching his rating.

One of the earliest schools to recruit the standout defender was Texas A&M and Grimes has long been high on the Aggies as well. In fact, in each of the past two summers, he spent close to a week in College Station on unofficial visits.

***SIGNING DAY IS FAST APPROACHING, SO IT'S A GREAT TIME TO TRY GIGEM247 VIP ACCESS. TWO MONTHS FOR ONLY A BUCK!***

Recently, the standout defensive back listed A&M as one of the three primary programs he is looking at, along with Clemson and Penn State. He has an official visit scheduled to College Station in April.

One of the big reasons Grimes was a fan of the Aggies was his relationship with cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist. With Linguist's decision to depart for a job in the NFL with the Dallas Cowboys, it was a bit of a roadbump for the Maroon and White. However, he is also a fan of Jimbo Fisher and Mike Elko, meaning new cornerbacks coach TJ Rushing will have a chance to make sure A&M remains one of the major contendors for Grimes' services.

Grimes had recently told 247Sports that he planned to commit after Thanksgiving of his senior season. Now, we know an exact date.

On Wednesday evening, the five-star announced that he would be making his decision om Dec. 1, 2020.

Grimes plans to use all five of his officials and has listed A&M, Clemson and Penn State as three of the destinations. He will also see a number of schools this spring and summer on unofficials and plans to decide on the other two trips some point later.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

What isn't up to my standards is all of the horrible shit you've typed at me that escalated things into some level of what appeared to be driving you temporarily insane in a few of your posts. And why? Because I had the audacity to call this guy out for what he is and what he's doing. You made it incredibly personal from your side. I started out as entertained, but it's mostly gotten boring. 

So let's do this. Fuck you on your weak apology. It's not accepted in the same spirit in which it was offered. Beyond that, I'll mock Adeleye with impunity for being the trolling, hand-out having dipshit that he is. You, in turn, can put me on ignore and shut the fuck up about it. I'll do the same with you, and we can all live and die in peace. 

That’s all good for me. You can go fuck yourself and your self righteous bullshit that you post every day.  You and your narcissistic ass can have your circle jerk of followers who do nothing but bitch and complain like a knitting group of yentas.  I won’t comment on your shit and don’t comment on mine. 

If he comes here it was what he wanted and he sees Texas as his best option.  If he doesn’t, it’s his choice and I will support him wherever he goes.  I am not some shallow minded fuckstick like yourself who holds personal grudges against 16 year old who are making life changing decision and enjoying the process.  So have a beer and relax.  It’s only 6 weeks until spring ball and then you can start bitching about the game plan at the Orange and a white game and how the new coaches are clueless.🤘🏻

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

That’s all good for me. You can go fuck yourself and your self righteous bullshit that you post every day.  You and your narcissistic ass can have your circle jerk of followers who do nothing but bitch and complain like a knitting group of yentas.  I won’t comment on your shit and don’t comment on mine. 

If he comes here it was what he wanted and he sees Texas as his best option.  If he doesn’t, it’s his choice and I will support him wherever he goes.  I am not some shallow minded fuckstick like yourself who holds personal grudges against 16 year old who are making life changing decision and enjoying the process.  So have a beer and relax.  It’s only 6 weeks until spring ball and then you can start bitching about the game plan at the Orange and a white game and how the new coaches are clueless.🤘🏻

Not his choice anymore because of IMG like Noah Cain 

Edited by TheGhost

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

9 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Uh, Cain definitely had the choice. PSU isn't a particularly dirty recruiting program. Their foibles are more... pedo-y.

Not dirty.

IMG picked Penn State because of their ability to develop RBs 

IMG is a talent agency. This includes football. Reason why they opened their school.

Just now, TheGhost said:

Not dirty.

IMG is a talent agency. This includes football. Reason why they opened their school.

IMG isn’t telling kids like Cain where to go 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Don’t whine. You were told what was happening. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

enchanted pony GIF

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

The sexual tension between you two is just palpable.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, TheGhost said:

IMG is better than street agents IMO

At least you know they will analyze where the best place.for him to capitalize on their investment. 

He is playing for IMG for free. They promise that they can develop him better than his HS.

They are his agent now if he makes it to the NFL.

damn. 247 has already shifted him from Texas to Florida. (26 composite player, #3 SDE, #3 in Florida)

8 hours ago, TheGhost said:

Not dirty.

the hats on Cain's table were Auburn, Georgia, Penn State, Texas and Tennessee.

since 2000 the Penn St RBs drafted were:

• 2003- Larry Johnson #1 overall
  • 2007 - Tony Hunt in 3rd Rd (14 career NFL rushing attempts)
  • 2011 - Evan Royster in 6th Rd (81 career NFL rushing attempts)
  • 2018 - Saquon Barkley #2 overall
  • 2019 - Miles Sanders in 2nd rd

let's not act like they have done some insane job of developing dudes and turning them into NFL stars. 

25 minutes ago, NoName said:

damn. 247 has already shifted him from Texas to Florida. (26 composite player, #3 SDE, #3 in Florida)

That’s probably because they knew it was coming weeks back. Scholarships take time to sort out, and people talk. Just not to Harvdog or his kid. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The real winner in this is Harvdog's kid, who will no longer have to endure being stuffed headfirst into a trashcan by Tunmise every day at school.  

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My experience is that someone will step in and fill that void. Nature abhors a vacuum. 

Outstanding

15 hours ago, futureman said:

how does IMG work wrt tuition?  scholarships or what. 

Are you really good at your sport and not rich? Scholarship.

Are you rich but not really good at your sport? Let us show you all these guys who we've turned into professional athletes through our programs. Your kid can be a professional athlete too! But to get there we're going to need you to pay us lots of money.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The real winner in this is Harvdog's kid, who will no longer have to endure being stuffed headfirst into a trashcan by Tunmise every day at school.  

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

My experience is that someone will step in and fill that void. Nature abhors a vacuum. 

Tunmise knew he would need a little extra pocket money, so he auctioned off the rights to Harvdog's kid right before moving to Florida.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1