Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'm on the zoom call. Gerry gave up the Shemar situation. He's living with his uncle who is a Texas fan, thinks Alabama leads now but likely to stay in state. Herman has an existing relationship with the uncle from recruiting D'ontre Wilson to fOSU

Regarding Ketron - did Nahlin just say that he think Ketron is going Texas, and possibly soon?  I missed part of that conversation.

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

Thinks Mukuba is Texas "by default" and could be soon because Clemson doesn't have the space, though ASU may be a factor.

I won’t feel good about Mukuba as long as Clemson has an open spot for him. The bets thing that can happen for us is Clemson filling up at safety, but who knows, if they really like him, they may leave a spot for him all the way til NSD1. 

15 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I won’t feel good about Mukuba as long as Clemson has an open spot for him. The bets thing that can happen for us is Clemson filling up at safety, but who knows, if they really like him, they may leave a spot for him all the way til NSD1. 

I don't know what their number is for 2021 ( @Doc Sam Beckett might know??)  but they only have 15 commits and 0 S. They only have 9 S offers out and 3 of them are uncommitted. (Ryan, Mukuba, and Davis). So go ahead and assume they will be on him to the very end. they did sign 3 S in 2020. 

15 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

i can tell you right now this isnt true especially on campus thots

whoever wrote this has clearly never talked to a 2nd/3rd/4th year player on the team

ACC Riverside and Rio had some bad bitches in the early 2000's. 

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I don't know what their number is for 2021 ( @Doc Sam Beckett might know??)  but they only have 15 commits and 0 S. They only have 9 S offers out and 3 of them are uncommitted. (Ryan, Mukuba, and Davis). So go ahead and assume they will be on him to the very end. they did sign 3 S in 2020. 

Yeah Mukuba is pretty much the lone target for Clemson, and they're pitching it that way to him. I think if they miss on Mukuba, they will just address Safety next class. They've backed off Davis and I don't think anyone really considers Clemson a player for Ryan. 

43 minutes ago, golfclap said:

29 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah Mukuba is pretty much the lone target for Clemson, and they're pitching it that way to him. I think if they miss on Mukuba, they will just address Safety next class. They've backed off Davis and I don't think anyone really considers Clemson a player for Ryan. 

interesting, that's kind of the opposite of what Nahlin said. He said Clemson has 1 spot for safety and will have their pick of higher rated guys.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

opposite of what Nahlin said. He said Clemson has 1 spot for safety and will have their pick of higher rated guys.

Fucking Nahlin. that's some lazy ass shit. He surely just looked at the Clemson S offers and was like "Clemson will pull in Ryan or Davis who are both ranked higher than Mukuba. Because: Clemson". I guess Nahlin could be right in the end because: Clemson. I would be stunned if Ryan didn't end up at LSU and if he didn't end up at LSU it would be Bama. Davis is a tOSU vs. PSU battle. Mukuba is Texas vs. Clemson. I don't doubt Dabo and his staff but they aren't simply plucking Ryan or Davis away and are running 3rd for both. 

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Fucking Nahlin. that's some lazy ass shit. He surely just looked at the Clemson S offers and was like "Clemson will pull in Ryan or Davis who are both ranked higher than Mukuba. Because: Clemson". I guess Nahlin could be right in the end because: Clemson. I would be stunned if Ryan didn't end up at LSU and if he didn't end up at LSU it would be Bama. Davis is a tOSU vs. PSU battle. Mukuba is Texas vs. Clemson. I don't doubt Dabo and his staff but they aren't simply plucking Ryan or Davis away and are running 3rd for both. 

I think LSU will get Davis if they don’t get Ryan. PSU is really struggling in recruiting rn, and I’ve seen them lose a lot PGH area guys to other schools over the past decade when they should have landed about half of them.

15 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I think LSU will get Davis if they don’t get Ryan. PSU is really struggling in recruiting rn, and I’ve seen them lose a lot PGH area guys to other schools over the past decade when they should have landed about half of them.

Ryan is 100% going to LSU. It's a lock. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

i can tell you right now this isnt true especially on campus thots

whoever wrote this has clearly never talked to a 2nd/3rd/4th year player on the team

Man, what is this, the "Thots and Players" thread? Thought I accidentally clicked on the Politics Forum. Seriously though, had to look up thot. Damn I am getting old, get the fuck off my lawn.

7 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Is there any chance they take three safeties this class?

They’re trying to land Mukuba, and passed on Corey Collier, Kaine Williams, and Jardin Gilbert so they could wait on Mukuba’s decision

If they miss on Mukuba, no idea if they’ll take another, it’s probably a best player available situation 

They’re trying to land Mukuba, and passed on Corey Collier, Kaine Williams, and Jardin Gilbert so they could wait on Mukuba’s decision
If they miss on Mukuba, no idea if they’ll take another, it’s probably a best player available situation 

I like Gilbert a lot. Surprised aggy was never more of a player with him. He’s the entire SECs backup plan

7 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'm on the zoom call. Gerry gave up the Shemar situation. He's living with his uncle who is a Texas fan, thinks Alabama leads now but likely to stay in state. Herman has an existing relationship with the uncle from recruiting D'ontre Wilson to fOSU

Damn. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Whatever happened to him? Wasn't he a former 5*?

Mike Roach: Some background on Ketron Jackson

Ketron Jackson just tweeted that he committed to Arkansas. Here’s some background. Since Texas offered, I was told by those close to him that Arkansas was in the lead and Texas would have to overcome offering too late. Texas seemed to do that after Jackson visited Austin for a self-guided tour. In fact, multiple sources near him told us that Texas was in the driver’s seat. I told Ketron we would be happy to do his video and he told Nick shortly after that he was ready. We thought since he was asking us and because of what the people around him said, Texas was the pick.

He ended up showing up to the shoot intending to do an Arkansas video. Nick actually wrapped shooting a few weeks ago and we thought it was done. Earlier this week, I was told Jackson had some second thoughts and was really going back and forth between Texas and Arkansas. Nick had to do some more video to finish and Ketron said he wanted to re-do the video. We thought that might mean he was changing his mind considering he was telling folks he had second thoughts, but in the end his loyalty to Arkansas won out.