Reese Bennett

Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ok. Pump those brakes just a bit. 

No brake pumping needed - I'm talking just physically - kid has clearly been in a weight room.  I have no idea if any of it will translate to the field.

2 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

That's pretty much the modern day Hamm-to-UT pick. Done deal; this one is over.

57 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What is the whole story on Quay? Closed book?

It’s more of like a telenovela

On 7/31/2020 at 1:57 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Don’t people pay $9.95 so that people like him will tell them what he heard on the streets...before it happens?

heres some more inside info- I’m told that Texas isn’t done with the 2022 class just yet. Expect 22-25 more commitments over the next 17 months. I’m expecting commitments from all positions except punter. As they commit, I will tell you more...for the low low price of $4.99 biweekly. 

So, $9.98 per month? What a fucking rip off

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

spacer.png

$9.95 stand off.  IT thinks LJ is more likely.  Roach and OU guy Drumm think Wheaton.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

$9.95 stand off.  IT thinks LJ is more likely.  Roach and OU guy Drumm think Wheaton.

I'd be ecstatic with either

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

That one had to hurt for Jeremy. You love to see it. 

I think once the Arkansas insiders follow suit we can call it a wrap, but he really likes it out there. God knows why.

13 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If it pleases you, Texas feels confident with both and even more confident that they'll land one of the two. To bring you back to earth, Texas has fucked up plenty of recruitments like that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Calculator.gif

Edited by Bevo14

1 hour ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

I think once the Arkansas insiders follow suit we can call it a wrap, but he really likes it out there. God knows why.

you & i both know why stop being coy & say it 

let me help you t-h-o-t-s-

texas' are not up to par with arkansas or any other school in the south 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

you & i both know why stop being coy & say it 

let me help you t-h-o-t-s-

texas' are not up to par with arkansas or any other school in the south 

Some of those southern universities are just now shedding their confederate flags, too.  Think that the mindset has been changed?  I've already talked about the education but if athletes are really interested in what the university means to the community or provides them, take a look off campus at all the opportunities.  The first thing students and athletes with aspirations do in Arkansas when they graduate is leave Arkansas, permanently.  That's how cool Arkansas is.  Same applies to Bama, Missouri, etc.  Those places aren't on anybody's vacation lists.  Nobody says I'd like to see the world and that's why I'm going to Arkansas.  Which is why they break out the whores.  Besides, do you really want to see the same thots used for every recruit visit?  Disgusting.  

And there's no shortage of females at Texas.  They're smart, and check out the women playing volleyball/tennis/basketball/soccer--great athletes from all over the world--same as the student body.  I can't imagine a planet where it was difficult for Vince Young, Jamaal Charles, Benson, too many to list, had difficulty meeting women at UT.  

Please keep posting, I enjoy revisiting the pride I have being a Longhorn up here on the East Coast. 

Edited by Mdhorn

15 hours ago, Goodman said:

JoJo is the only one that mattered and hopefully still does. Other than JoJo, only out of state prospects look special & I never felt the out of state guys were realistic after last season.

Next years wr crop looks impressive

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Next years wr crop looks impressive

Do you think it is as good as this year's OL crop?

14 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We're likely in the top two for both, but landing one probably lowers the odds of landing the other. I see them as similar in quality, and would be happy with either. 

22 minutes ago, Fud said:

We're likely in the top two for both, but landing one probably lowers the odds of landing the other. I see them as similar in quality, and would be happy with either. 

I'll take the one we'll have to play against if he doesn't come here.

Pepperidge Farm remembers when it was a good idea not to pursue Andrew Luck because next year’s QB group of Garrett Gilbert, Russell Shepard and Casey Pachall was far superior.

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is a tremendous post on its own. But the irony of you accusing someone else of behaving predictably just takes it to 11. Well done.  Let’s get NorLa in here to tell someone else to go home because they’re drunk next. 

2f0cfa9cf4cf82c8a97c3576d2024684.jpg

Outside of Tommy and D Jackson..  isn't the 22 OL just as deep with really high ceiling players too?  Banks, Dewberry, Ealy etc

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

Outside of Tommy and D Jackson..  isn't the 22 OL just as deep with really high ceiling players too?  Banks, Dewberry, Ealy etc

Yes.  You also have Campbell and Hutson who we've already offered.  Duncanville has another early 4* OL that looks like a mauling Guard and I posted a bit on the Center from WOS.  A Corpus Christie school has an interior guy already offered by the Oklahoma schools and aggy.  Couple more high 3* OL on 247 as well.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yes.  You also have Campbell and Hutson who we've already offered.  Duncanville has another early 4* OL that looks like a mauling Guard and I posted a bit on the Center from WOS.  A Corpus Christie school has an interior guy already offered by the Oklahoma schools and aggy.  Couple more high 3* OL on 247 as well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSb0M4KRuH_4R_3sCIbOGp

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Milroe looks like he's about 210 lbs.  Did we ever send him his official offer?

I'm sure he got it, not everyone posted theirs on social media.

Listened to the Milroe interview with RJ. He's locked in.  Lot of Hermanisms in there like going 1-0 every day, competition with yourself, family environment here,  and discussing life after football. 

We've hear all these things from recruits across the country but when you hear it regarding Texas,  it all sounds like familiar soundbites 

247 / Steve Wiltfong / McKinney North WR JJ Henry has all the intangibles too

Spoiler

McKinney North WR JJ Henry has all the intangibles too
STEVE WILTFONG

McKinney (Texas) North 2021 receiver JJ Henry had a big junior season, turning 71 receptions into 1,419 yards and 16 touchdowns in what was a breakout campaign.

That production turned into 20-plus scholarship offers as things stand now.

"Texas, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Louisville, and Florida State have been pushing the hardest," a source at the school told 247Sports.

That same source raved about the 5-foot-10, 165-pound as a person and player.

"I love his competitiveness," Henry said. "He is relentless in the pursuit to be the best. He works his butt off and won’t stop until he’s at the top.

"He’s a phenomenal route runner and makes the team around him better when he performs."

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

STEVE WILTFONG

McKinney (Texas) North 2021 receiver JJ Henry had a big junior season, turning 71 receptions into 1,419 yards and 16 touchdowns in what was a breakout campaign.

"Texas, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Louisville, and Florida State have been pushing the hardest," a source at the school told 247Sports.

"I love his competitiveness," Henry said. "He is relentless in the pursuit to be the best. He works his butt off and won’t stop until he’s at the top.

"He’s a phenomenal route runner and makes the team around him better when he performs."

Sounds like our kinda kid

47 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hide contents

STEVE WILTFONG

Is Wiltfong's source JJ Henry and did he just compliment himself in the third person? 

41 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

JJ Henry is Carl?

Henry was just Fong’d to Louisville because sources told him it would come down to “THOT procurement services.”

Took a look at Bryce Foster's Twitter. It is like silent commit level crimson-and-cream. Gotta hope Oregon or (barf) aggy makes a late run at him.