Texas @ Texas Tech Series Thread

ztejas

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

We are a fringe top 25 team without todd and witt

Well, our ranking was almost entirely based on three stud starters.

No one seemed to account for our lack of proven middle relief.  Or that a couple of pitchers would Justin Simmons.

The main problem is the bullpen.

The rest seems to be mental.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Well, our ranking was almost entirely based on three stud starters.

No one seemed to account for our lack of proven middle relief.  Or that a couple of pitchers would Justin Simmons.

The main problem is the bullpen.

The rest seems to be mental.

I mean they figured we could find somebody. It is not like anybody comes into the season with everything rock solid.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Doubtful. They have these kinds of expectations every year. I don't think guys who just played awesome in the College World Series like Nixon and Stevens are head cases. That has never been them since they have been here.

Then they appear to be overrated af. Dunno what to tell you.  This is a massive funk 

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Doubtful. They have these kinds of expectations every year. I don't think guys who just played awesome in the College World Series like Nixon and Stevens are head cases. That has never been them since they have been here.

I disagree.  We haven't had a team with a number 1 ranking in God knows how long.  

Sure, it's Texas Baseball, but the brand had fallen off, certainly in the national picture.

Under Pierce, we have kind of overachieved.

Granted, these guys finished third overall, but who was expecting that?  No one.

The preseason hype of our pitching staff, I feel bad for Dre, but he doesn't need to be out there, ever. And I'm not sure about our coaching staff and scouting other teams or our own team. Do they not look at all these early runs and ask wtf is going  on, what are other teams seeing? They just keep repeating.  

They started off fun to watch.  But since UCLA, it's been almost as painful to watch as 2019 and some of the late-Augie teams.

But, unlike those teams, it's not the lack of offense that makes it hard to watch.  It's some of that, and quite a bit of everything else.

Edited by TwiceHorn

That was one of the toughest games to endure -- just up and down and up and down.

Hidden in that mess was some incredible hitting performances from Ivan and Stehly.

Team did not quit -- hell of an effort from 5th inning on. 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan
Fuckin' Autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dewey said:

The preseason hype of our pitching staff, I feel bad for Dre, but he doesn't need to be out there, ever. And I'm not sure about our coaching staff and scouting other teams or our own team. Do they not look at all these early runs and ask wtf is going  on, what are other teams seeing? They just keep repeating.  

I'm not sold on David Pierce, I don't care how many times he's been to Omaha.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Dre is not good. "Wants to compete" should not factor into whether he gets the ball.  Same with Nixon. He was obviously not fresh.  He was over throwing and it cost us the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I disagree.  We haven't had a team with a number 1 ranking in God knows how long.  

Sure, it's Texas Baseball, but the brand had fallen off, certainly in the national picture.

Under Pierce, we have kind of overachieved.

Granted, these guys finished third overall, but who was expecting that?  No one.

Headline reading and ohhhh maybe something like losing Witt for the year were my biggest worries. 

And yeah we seem to do better with chips on our shoulder nowadays. ‘14, ‘18 and last year were all in all pleasant surprises. 2015 pissed me off so god damn much. This has felt identical so far 

• Hook 'Em 1

I am confused by the fact that we are a perennial top 25 program and don't have anyone that can come out of the bullpen that gets ahead of hitters and can get a fucking ground ball.  Everyone dude out of out pen falls behind.  That is some bush league shit.  If you come out of the pen and walk multiple hitters you do not need to be playing.  You are shit.  I don't care if you throw 95-96.  Give me a dude at 88 who can throw FB low on the corners and get people to ground to short and second.  I don't give a fuck about strike outs. 

We are asking too much of Harrison.  

Edited by Cousin Strawberry
none
  • Hook 'Em 2