Concerts you are attending

bamachine

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:39 PM, Damor said:

Thanks, just got here, wish I had seen that earlier about the coffee.

I'll be the guy here with a kid. And your mom.

Speaking of hot tail, this was my fourth time seeing Lord Huron, and I don't recall such a high percentage of beautiful women at their prior concerts.  It was a smoke show.  Apart from that, I thought the band played a killer set, and it was their best performance I've seen.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:33 AM, South Austin said:

So the crowd at Deadmau5 was older than I expected, although at 44 I still was on the high end. All of his tunes sounded pretty much the same, but still had fun.

So Clapton Crossroads Festival on Friday was amazing.  A wide variety of incredible talent.  I was not, however, prepared for the age of the crowd.  Holy moley at the number of old peoples.  

I'm in my mid 40s and I felt like a spring chicken.  Of course, the tix were outrageously expensive and the line up skewed old, sure. 

The crazy think is that (at least on Friday) it was a sold out show but there were a not insignificant number of empty seats.  I managed to get myself from the sides to the floor accordingly.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:11 PM, Foggy Notion said:

I saw Nitzer Ebb open up for Depeche Mode at the Woodlands on the Violator tour in the summer of 1990. I was 14 and about to be a freshman in high school. 

CSB - Julian Beeston (former member of Nitzer Ebb) was hanging out at my house playing pool before this show back in '90.

34 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I heard the show did not end so well... 

Nope.  They got through the Tommy set but Roger was really having to force it.  They stopped after Eminence Front and all went off stage.  Pete came back out about 10 minutes later and said RD's voice was out, it had been fine all throughout the tour, but was just out.  He said it was a vocal show and we needed to hear Roger sing.  Apologized profusely, sincerely IMHO, and said they would set a date and come back.  I read a review of the show over the weekend in Tampa and it said RD's voice was clear and strong.  

I thought it was well handled actually and RD was doing his best to fight through it.  Just wasn't going to happen.

• Like 1

I was there too.  I also found Pete sincere.  Two more shows cancelled including Dallas tonight.

They have a few months off starting in late October until they start a tour in England in March so they could come back sometime in between.  But I have doubts we see Roger sing much again sadly.  He was having throat problems when I saw them in Houston 3-4 years ago.

So I know this isn't the "Concerts you already attended" thread but I caught Iron Maiden in SA the night before last and it was a blast. Their stage production is always excellent but this tour was even one step higher. Pretty good set, heavy on Piece of Mind and Number of the Beast, with a few newer things thrown in.
I'm not sure how much longer they'll be touring but as long as they keep playing, I'll keep buying tickets.

Gonna go finally see Gary Clark Jr at Stubbs tonight. Missed him on the rise up and figured Stubbs would be a good smaller venue to see him in as tix to his Antone's shows are tough as hell to get.  Jackie Venson bonus for opening band should make for a nice show.  It says sold out but I got hard tix yesterday off Craigslist for $45 a pop, less than cost with service charges.  Now I just gotta get a good parking spot on the street for a fast exit after the show.

Gonna go finally see Gary Clark Jr at Stubbs tonight. Missed him on the rise up and figured Stubbs would be a good smaller venue to see him in as tix to his Antone's shows are tough as hell to get.  Jackie Venson bonus for opening band should make for a nice show.  It says sold out but I got hard tix yesterday off Craigslist for $45 a pop, less than cost with service charges.  Now I just gotta get a good parking spot on the street for a fast exit after the show.

I used SpotHero for a spot 2 blocks away last time I was a Stubbs and I think it was $5. In and out was super easy and no stress about trying to find a spot.

The show was awesome. Absolutely shredded.

I went last night as well and Gary was great obviously. Band did a great job as well. Show was kind of strange though because the crowd energy was just strange. Seemed like 2/3rds of the people there didn’t know what they were there to see and were lost. Just standing around bullshitting while Gary was crushing it. 

Gary clark put on a great show, and Jackie Venson did a notable job as the one woman opener.  She's an interesting story in that she was upside down $10K after her last tour with her band so she decided to survive she couldn't have a band in support.

Clark just frigging ripped. I especially enjoyed "Gotta get into something" as it reminded me of my Club Foot days enjoying the Skunks, but more inspired by Sex Pistols riffs. It reminded me once again why the best rock and roll in my life has nearly always included by a large dose of sweat, from dancing, grooving or simply the Texas heat.  I think Clark was really into it wanting to put on a real show for what seemed to be a mostly home town crowd.  Wish I couold have seem him cutting his teeth with a lot more blues at Continental Club, but this was one hell of a show.  So two killer shows in the last month with Clark last night and The Black Pumas Sunday gig at Mohawk a couple weeks ago.  I especially like that for both shows I wasn't stuck downtown at 1 am.  Opener at 8, headliner at 9, out the door by 11:30.  

Like Sidis said, and it's sad, but at nearly every concert I attend there are a lot of folks that view concerts as simply a place to mingle and shoot the breeze. Just another bar with live music. The main goal is to get an instagram shot to show "they were there."  

Yeah like Stubbs and what's funny is it's always the late comers that seem to most infatuated with something other than the music.  It was pretty chill honestly.  I did tell one drunken frat boy that was his last pass through, pretty late in the show after about 5 wander up and backs in 15 minutes. He seemed confused but complied.

Just bought tix to Kurt Vile and the Violators with Dinosaur Jr. and LALA LALA for Sunday the 10th.  Another early show!

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

she was upside down $10K after her last tour with her band so she decided to survive she couldn't have a band in support.

Goddamn, I hate the music industry. 

I'm seeing Jade Bird 11/1 @ the Scoot Inn. Excited about that, wasn't willing to pay a hundred bucks to see her open for Hozier in March.

6 hours ago, sidis said:

I went last night as well and Gary was great obviously. Band did a great job as well. Show was kind of strange though because the crowd energy was just strange. Seemed like 2/3rds of the people there didn’t know what they were there to see and were lost. Just standing around bullshitting while Gary was crushing it. 

Unfortunately, this is about 90% of shows I've been to over the last few years.

Marcus King played his ass off last night at his free Party on the Plaza gig in Houston.  I wish more 23 year-olds listened to that 23 year old.

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, people playing musical instruments, night and guitar

Going to the Raconteurs tomorrow....should be awesome as well.  Hopefully they'll be loud enough to drown out any chatty cathy's

Unfortunately, this is about 90% of shows I've been to over the last few years.

Marcus King played his ass off last night at his free Party on the Plaza gig in Houston.  I wish more 23 year-olds listened to that 23 year old.
70990827_10216861186936640_5278013107359186944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeFuaCX0DproowNheY0ethBQUJ44YZeGoAxNBLcihRKvq5NQqpP45JP1ZVbybNa_eqBHbuL_cScH4V6HOY_xtqYewj90IBj3_NQhMgygv3ZS1A&_nc_oc=AQl-cY-wSWEY0BWMiQ9T-u-TGOczwxS7-PPYORvdT6ilfspdx3lw9eF2rkXoDE6f0L0&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=a3c50fe1fd4e53d98279b15ce18e4ffe&oe=5E352575

Going to the Raconteurs tomorrow....should be awesome as well.  Hopefully they'll be loud enough to drown out any chatty cathy's

Marcus King is legit. Can’t wait to see him again.