Tailleur17

Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

This thread lay dormant for a month and got bumped to page 2. Speaks volumes about the past month and all the surliness happening out there. 

Bit of a mellow, quiet morning in the After-life here. Sipping some excellent coffee at dawn. The sprinklers come on, and I am immediately grateful for all that I have. 

I already knew we were buying a quality house when we moved in a year ago, but I’m not used to having some of the seamless amenities that we have here:  sprinkler system, whole-house generator, alarm system, pre-wired sound, etc.  

I thought we were living well in SWFL before we came to our senses and came back home to TX. Even though the piney woods is a far cry from what I’m used to, I marvel at what a damn good decision it all has been. It’s the little things that make up the whole package, ya know?

Hell, I don’t need to be a 1%er, but being a 2%er ain’t too shabby...ha!

Happy Monday, ya flithy animals. 

On 6/8/2020 at 7:19 AM, After irth said:

I’m not much of a tequila drinker, but I keep some good stuff stocked for guests or cocktails or whatever. One for mixin’, one for sippin’. 

Your post inspired me to finally investigate this Ranch Water thing. Picked up some limes, some Topo. 

It has been glorious.  For the past month, it has been the perfect Summer sippin’ especially with the heat coming on. Already had to go buy more Tequila (and limes, and Topo). 

Thanks for the push. And salud!

Just looked up what ranch water is all about.  Think I'm going to have to check that out for myself.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:19 AM, After irth said:

I’m not much of a tequila drinker, but I keep some good stuff stocked for guests or cocktails or whatever. One for mixin’, one for sippin’. 

Your post inspired me to finally investigate this Ranch Water thing. Picked up some limes, some Topo. 

It has been glorious.  For the past month, it has been the perfect Summer sippin’ especially with the heat coming on. Already had to go buy more Tequila (and limes, and Topo). 

Thanks for the push. And salud!

What's your preferred brand of tequila for ranch water? 

Seeing rabbits when we go on walks in our neighborhood. It's interesting because back when life was normal and people were going to work every day, coyotes were everywhere. Now, I never see them out and about or have reports of them on our neighborhood Facebook group. But rabbits are always around now. So I guess more people at home and going out for walks kept the coyotes away which allowed the rabbits to not be as hunted.

They’re not out and about in my corner of my neighborhood. They’ve been after my backyard garden. So I’ve been humanely relocating them to the great garden in the sky with a pellet gun. 

5 hours ago, lateshow said:

Hornitos silver, solamente. 

6 hours ago, lateshow said:

I’ve been buying Ryno Anejo lately. 

Sausage, egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast. Really it's just a cheeseburger. Mmm-mm good.

I don't begrudge the last person from using strategy by guessing $1 or max+$1, but I passionately root against anyone who pulls that foolishness during any of the first three guesses. 

A breezy and dry 70 degrees right now at deer camp in SE Uvalde county.  Sprinklers going on lawn by fire ring in the camp circle and fire flies are out and showing off. The dove, quail cardinals, red winged blackbirds and green jays at the bird feeder called it a day. On my 3rd ranch water.  All by my lonesome and couldn’t be more pleased after a hard day of cutting and mowing. 

What kind of self respecting deer camp has sprinklers?

7 hours ago, luke duke said:

5 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Or a lawn

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful

42 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful

I always follow that with, “Hate me because I’m better than you.”

Always be closing...

when making a pack of thick cut bacon and realizing last slice is actually double-thick, thick bacon.

Mmmmmmmm.  with my weak-ass attempt at Gordon Ramsay eggs...

Bacon cooked in the oven on parchment paper. Where has this incredibly easy way to make bacon been all my life?

Took the dog on a walk last night. Since she's 9 months, we're still going through the dart around puppy phase which makes walks a bit of a beating. Before the dog, I used to go on walks every day by myself. I'd either take some music with me or go with nothing to clear my head. Haven't done either in a long time. So I took some music with me on the walk with the dog and it was so much more enjoyable. I found her much easier to walk as I was less focused on what she was doing and more on trying to relax. And to top it off, I finally walked her late enough to see plenty of bats flying around the green space we walk. Haven't seen them since last summer. It's like seeing an old friend again. 

The random kidney shaped fluctuations of a well ripened water ballon as it sails above an adequately maintained lawn and hits your progeny square in the sternum.

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

Bacon cooked in the oven on parchment paper. Where has this incredibly easy way to make bacon been all my life?

Took the dog on a walk last night. Since she's 9 months, we're still going through the dart around puppy phase which makes walks a bit of a beating. Before the dog, I used to go on walks every day by myself. I'd either take some music with me or go with nothing to clear my head. Haven't done either in a long time. So I took some music with me on the walk with the dog and it was so much more enjoyable. I found her much easier to walk as I was less focused on what she was doing and more on trying to relax. And to top it off, I finally walked her late enough to see plenty of bats flying around the green space we walk. Haven't seen them since last summer. It's like seeing an old friend again. 

Bacon in the oven is absolutely the way to do it.  Parchment paper or aluminum foil.   Perfect, evenly cooked bacon every time.  

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Bacon in the oven is absolutely the way to do it.  Parchment paper or aluminum foil.   Perfect, evenly cooked bacon every time.  

You haven’t tried it in the air fryer yet, have you? Better than the oven. 

Y'all arguin' over whether getting it cowgirl or doggystyle is better.  You're still gettin it.

IT's bacon whether it's cast iron skillet or a cookie sheet.  Accept your blessings.

20 hours ago, nnm said:

You haven’t tried it in the air fryer yet, have you? Better than the oven. 

How long and at what temp?

On 6/12/2020 at 11:17 PM, luke duke said:

We called it taking a piss.

Posted (edited)

There's something strangely calming and pleasing about assembling Banker's Boxes.

I think it's a combination of their simplicity, clever design, durability, and overall utility. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Eating a salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and peppers grown in your own garden. 

Pulling into Spec's parking lot 1 minute before closing time and employees hold the door open for me.

when a thread you've been reading descends into political shit-flinging and outlives its sell-by date, yet stays at the top of the forum, and when you look at the "LAST POST BY", it's poster after poster you've never heard of, probably all newly registered to Fight The Good Fight that everyone else stopped reading two weeks prior

Posted (edited)

maybe not trivial, but two fellow military parents sharing that their boys arrived home from deployment safely on US soil today.

I never take it for granted.

Edited by Iceman

34 minutes ago, Iceman said:

maybe not trivial, but two fellow military parents sharing that their boys arrived home from deployment safely on US soil today.

Not trivial, but highly pleasing.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:05 PM, PilotsError said:

that pleases you?  

yeah cause I ain't reading it and neither is anyone else except the newbie brigade-- it amuses me that they're in their fork-fighting when everyone else has moved on

On 6/26/2020 at 5:51 PM, Iceman said:

Yup - the only time my wife has ever seen me cry was my daughter walked after getting back from S. Korea.