Apathy

Tailleur17

Anyone else not give a shit anymore?

Went out and enjoyed my Saturday kayaking and hiking/exploring. Didn’t even think about the game until we were on our way home tonight. 

Asked my wife to google the final for me. I just laughed. Who cares? We suck ass, can’t say I was surprised by the result.

Can’t wait to enjoy my Saturdays this fall. It’s been a decade since we’ve been relavent and it might be another before we are again. I won’t be holding my breath nor watching games anymore. 

Fuck this program.

Edited by Tailleur17
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Jersey Man10 said:

My first game since 2015 and it feels like a loss. Even worse was some asshat behind me told me to sit down because i was blocking his view. Fuck you watch the game at home then.

Fuck that jackass.  Your ass, no matter how flabby and atrophic was a damn sight better than what was happening on the field.  He should have thanked you for standing up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Until we find a coach worth a damn, let’s just throw celebrity coaches out there to lead the team. matthew mcconaughey can coach against USC, maybe Owen Wilson can coach against TCU and how about Riley Reid coaching us in the red river shootout because she already has experience being butt fucked 

How has this not gotten all the love in the world. Best idea in ages. 

The team isn't entertaining to watch. The anticipation of the USC game has been replaced with what seems to be forced interest. Enough people have planned to go to that game that it will be well attended, but Herman isn't giving his beat, the team isn't fun to watch and I'm losing my interest in watching the Horns this season. I'm not sure what CDC is going to do to right the ship, but he has a big problem on his hands.

• Like 2

"forced interest" - well said.  I hate the lack of focus on substance and all effort to 'forced style'.   When that first INT happened right in front of the dork walk-ons and the sideline just erupted as if they won the damn college title, I knew this program is totally beyond repair.  Mature winners don't act like middle schoolers, hell middle schoolers are more adult than our team. 

The combination of us sucking and my kids being 5, 7 and 10 and into other things during the weekend have turned me apathetic.

Before, when we'd lose I'd still be in a funk on Sundays or longer.

Now, I can move on like a normal person.

Because of that I say thank you to later-years Mack, CS and Mensa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

The team isn't entertaining to watch. The anticipation of the USC game has been replaced with what seems to be forced interest. Enough people have planned to go to that game that it will be well attended, but Herman isn't giving his beat, the team isn't fun to watch and I'm losing my interest in watching the Horns this season. I'm not sure what CDC is going to do to right the ship, but he has a big problem on his hands.

Must agree with this. That 3rd quarter offense was very similar to the Arkansas bowl game. Was just a beating to watch. My 7 yo wanted to flip back over to the aggy-Clemson game because it was “more fun to watch”. It’s just going to get harder and harder to recruit as our glory days get further away in the rear view mirror.

Had a conversation about this yesterday.  To take the family up to Austin for a game is roughly a $1500-2000 weekend.  I've got a 70" TV at home I can turn off when disgusted at this shit show.  Ive got free cocktails, no crowds, no heat, comfortable chairs, etc.  Of course, I cant really turn it off because it's like turning off coverage of a natural disaster but at least I have the choice and I dont have to deal with the unhappy fans and traffic.   

• Like 1

Celebrity Coach of the Week - Texas Fight!  It's the hot new series now streaming on Vice.  Watch as Tom Herman, muzzled and bound in a Hannibel Lecter straight jacket and tied to a dolly, is forced to watch as Matthew McConaughey, Owen Wilson, Neal deGrasse Tyson, a plaster mannequin in a Horns uniform, Janis Joplin's ashes and a chicken pecking a cell phone keyboard lead the horns to victory, playing better than they did vs Maryland or Tulsa.

In 1984, my good friend Andy, between long drags on his Winston, said "I druther have Bear's bones in box sittin' out there on the sideline than that damned Perkins."

Edited by Bama Llama
Typos
  • Like 1

I'll be at the USC game.  And that's the last football game I'm going to for a long time.  

For less money than I blew last night, I could've eaten at one of my favorite restaurants, or enjoyed some live music at Saxon or Continental, etc.

The simple reality is that Longhorn football is a pretty stupid thing to invest a bunch of time and money in.  And life is short.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Must agree with this. That 3rd quarter offense was very similar to the Arkansas bowl game. Was just a beating to watch. My 7 yo wanted to flip back over to the aggy-Clemson game because it was “more fun to watch”. It’s just going to get harder and harder to recruit as our glory days get further away in the rear view mirror.

I missed the Big Hit by Locke because I was watching aggy/Clemson.  Our team is either boring or frustrating to watch.  If anything good does happen I'm surprised.

9 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

If you were a real fan, you'd embrace this season and commit seppuku like the rest of us.

This. Having a shitty team sucks donkey balls. However, that misery makes the ecstasy of having a dominant team that much better. Don't be a fairweather fuckoff. Just be a realist about what is going on at present and know that it won't last forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Didn’t want to watch. Don’t have LHN either.  Curiosity got the best of me so I slithered into Nick’s Place for the 2nd half. 

Sat next to an old mossback Horn like me and had a thorough and satisfying bitchfest.  

Glad hunting season is upon us. 

Mossback Horn. I like that.. and would probably qualify.

Just now, BurntEyes said:

Without suffering through the Macovics, Strongs, and Hermans of the world, one can not, and will not know the elations, joy and pride any where close to the levels I did when being in the stands of the Rose Bowl as Vince ran across the goal line.

I'm not saying folks getting off is wrong, if that's how they feel. It's subjective.

I am saying with certainty, the pride and joy of staying with it in the worst of times, make the best of time so much better. 

I agree. Having that deep trough makes the soaring heights of supremacy that much higher. The deep trough absolutely sucks shit through a straw through.

I've now missed out on watching the last four games. 

It started out as an accident -- overseas travel, work commitments -- but after I saw the Maryland score, I think it's a streak worth keeping.

Not sure when I'll be back. It hurts... but being emotionally invested this ENTIRE DECADE and having nothing worthy to show for it hurts far, far worse.

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Let me be clear, I would rather be the guy who has never know his team sucking.

We would all prefer to be in that boat, but it's simply not part of reality. At some point Alabama's run of dominance will end and they will return to being mortal again. Everything is cyclical.

• Like 2

I can get over this year and team. 

What's hard for me be apathetic about is the fact that I see falling further and further into a hole that will take years to dig out of. 

I love the cfb season. Look forward to it all year. But absolutely can't bring myself to enjoy it when we're awful.  I just watch other teams...EVERY other team these days, and wonder why they execute the must basic of football shit while we can't. 

I can get past this year, it's already thrown away, but I care deeply about what we're doing to fix this before the next ten years go by. 

• Like 2