Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Texas demeans itself by having Cruz as a Senator.  Texas's major representatives in Washington should be impressive people worthy of the state.  Big John isn't exactly a badass, but at least he's a real, self-respecting Texan.   I get that ideological representation is important, but it doesn't outweigh having Senator Reek who's busy licking the ass of the guy who called his wife ugly and his dad a murderer, among his other failings.  It's hard to respect anyone who votes for that legit cuck. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Texas demeans itself by having Cruz as a Senator.  Texas's major representatives in Washington should be impressive people worthy of the state.  Big John isn't exactly a badass, but at least he's a real, self-respecting Texan.   I get that ideological representation is important, but it doesn't outweigh having Senator Reek who's busy licking the ass of the guy who called his wife ugly and his dad a murderer, among his other failings.  It's hard to respect anyone who votes for that legit cuck. 

This. Regardless of political ideology, this guy is a terrible representation of the great state of Texas. Kinda like aggy being our land grant university.

On 4/18/2018 at 11:46 PM, MidTexHorn said:

Lifelong Republican voter here. Voted Libertarian in last presidential election. Voted in the Republican primary this year because not really any point to voting in the Democratic primary in Midland. I will be supporting and voting for Beto in the Fall. In fact, I will likely vote a Democratic slate because I am so sick of the Republicans for whoring themselves out to Trump. They’ve shown their true colors, and have likely lost me for life. 

Pretty much the same here.  I did cast my first ever vote for a Democrat for Sadler when Rafael first ran which I’m still proud of 

On 4/2/2018 at 1:20 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One of my explored thesis studies was on measuring political ambition.  The trend I discovered suggested that politicians aspiring to be president do not work their way up through local and state governments, they catapult straight to the top, usually through Senator.  I did this research back in 2005.  Obama and Hillary were the top two in the senate I found to have the most measurable political ambition among Senators at the time.

There’s an old Washington joke that goes:  “Every senator looks in the mirror and sees a president.” 

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

LOL

meghan: So the timing of this potential switch doesn’t matter? There are people in Texas who were Democrats and then became Republicans. Do we think they’d potentially switch back, by virtue of the fact that they have college educations? In that category, you would have to include Energy Secretary (and former Texas Gov.) Rick Perry! He used to be a Democrat, and he went to Texas A&M. (Which I admit is barely a college. Sorry, Aggies.)

4 hours ago, Chico_SA said:

Lots of BETO signs at houses in King William during the Fiesta King William fair. I believe he is making an appearance at one of the homes in about 30 mins. 

Sounds about right for that area.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Sounds about right for that area.

6 hours ago, Chico_SA said:

Lots of BETO signs at houses in King William during the Fiesta King William fair. I believe he is making an appearance at one of the homes in about 30 mins. 

Lots of Hillary signs there too in the past.  Means nothing. 

Send ted cruz back to congress then bomb the capitol building while theyre all in there. 

Seriously, after seeing the inner workings of a few parts of our government the best thing long term is complete political cleansing. 

On 4/29/2018 at 12:07 PM, GRHorn said:

Wait, so people here really think Ted isn't gonna win?

Beto is going to win assuming that the level of voter interest by party stays about the same as it is now.

In the recent Alabama senate race for example one predominantly democratic district had 70% of its 2016 turnout while a predominantly Republican district had 50% of its 2016 turnout. If something similar happens in Texas several other state races will also be competitive.

The question is whether Trump and/or congress can do something in the next 6 months to reengage the Republican voters.

Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D) challenged Sen. Ted Cruz(R) to six debates - including two in Spanish - The Texas Tribune reported.

O'Rourke's campaign manager sent the proposal to Cruz's senior staff last week, according to the Tribune. 

Cruz has said in the past he is open to debating O'Rourke and his campaign is currently exploring its options, according to the Tribune.

"Sen. Cruz has said he's looking forward to debates," Cruz spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said in a statement obtained by the Tribune. "We are considering all possibilities in front of us and will be working with potential hosts and the O'Rourke campaign to determine the best platforms available so that Texans from all corners of the state can hear from the candidates directly about their views for Texas' future."

On 4/28/2018 at 5:09 PM, HtownHorn said:

Got a text  from Bobby's team yesterday asking if I would vote for him. Told them to fuck off.

Hell yeah you did. Want to come over to my house and shoot my Yeti cooler to own the libs even more? 

• Haha 1

I have been following O'Rourke on facebook, and he will destroy Cruz in any debate. Plus any debate improves O'Rourke's name recognition and approval ratings. 

I suspect Cruz will decide against doing the debates as there is no upside for him and a huge downside.

I've always leaned pretty left, but have only voted in the last two presidential election cycles. Can't wait to make this my first mid-term! Thank you Cruz and Trump, you have motivated a lazy millenial in myself to not only participate in the electoral process, but to also venture into the cloak room and pay pretty close attention to current events. 

• Like 5