ALCS: Astros vs. Red Sox

UTexasFight

As a party to this series who doesn't care much for either team I do have to wonder how last night's ending might or might not affect Kimbrel.  Obviously against a lineup like the Astros the chance that he has to pitch in multiple high leverage situations is pretty high.  Yea he got out of it last night but frankly he kind of got let off the hook by some poor at bats and he has to know that.  Baseball minds are a delicate thing, closer minds are angel hair delicate....if he can't put last night behind him when called on next the Astros seem to have an exceptional end of game advantage because I don't see them having dumbshit ABs like Stanton did last night.

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

As a party to this series who doesn't care much for either team I do have to wonder how last night's ending might or might not affect Kimbrel.  Obviously against a lineup like the Astros the chance that he has to pitch in multiple high leverage situations is pretty high.  Yea he got out of it last night but frankly he kind of got let off the hook by some poor at bats and he has to know that.  Baseball minds are a delicate thing, closer minds are angel hair delicate....if he can't put last night behind him when called on next the Astros seem to have an exceptional end of game advantage because I don't see them having dumbshit ABs like Stanton did last night.

Bregman is taking Kimbrel deep at some point in this series

• Like 2

Besides being one of the best hitters in baseball, Bregman would be particularly tough against Kimbrel given Bregs' zone management and pitch recognition skills.  Would be very tough to get him to flail at one of those knuckle curves out of the zone.  

Game 5 will be at 7:09p-CDT and Game 7 will be at 6:09p-CDT since the NLCS will have those two days off, weather permitting.  

This is gonna be an awesome series.  

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

As a party to this series who doesn't care much for either team I do have to wonder how last night's ending might or might not affect Kimbrel. 

I can't help but wonder, either.  2018 Kimbrel was wildly inconsistent at times.  Still great overall, but nowhere near as dominant as the 2017 version.

57 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Game 5 will be at 7:09p-CDT and Game 7 will be at 6:09p-CDT since the NLCS will have those two days off, weather permitting.  

This is gonna be an awesome series.  

When do they announce the times for Games 3 & 4?  I just bought tickets to Game 3 and am hoping it's not a super early start... but with the NLCS in Los Angeles that night, I don't like the odds.

1 minute ago, dbecks said:

When do they announce the times for Games 3 & 4?  I just bought tickets to Game 3 and am hoping it's not a super early start... but with the NLCS in Los Angeles that night, I don't like the odds.

Yeah, frustrating.  I want to buy tickets to take the family but WTF.

3 minutes ago, mycox said:

Talk me into going to Boston for game one.  I can fly on miles, but can't justify the $350 night hotel and mid $200 game ticket.

3 minutes ago, mycox said:

Talk me into going to Boston for game one.  I can fly on miles, but can't justify the $350 night hotel and mid $200 game ticket.

4 minutes ago, mycox said:

Mid 200's game 1 ticket?  Tell me you are joking.  I paid 350 for a regular season game ticket (albeit a few rows behind Crane) against the Astros in 2015.

50 minutes ago, DallasGatr said:

Mid 200's game 1 ticket?  Tell me you are joking.  I paid 350 for a regular season game ticket (albeit a few rows behind Crane) against the Astros in 2015.

per seatgeek, you can get into the game for under $200, and it'll likely get cheaper as the game approaches, especially for a single.

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer TexasFight, but I would be heading back home Sunday morning. I hadn't checked seatgeek yet - thanks for pointing that out. Lower Left Field SRO and Lower Third Base SRO are $198 with fees.

Edited by mycox

I found tickets on StubHub eeeeasiliy under $200 for game 4.  Not the best seats but you can get in the game and not be in nosebleeds for under $200/ticket.

Was thinking about game time on Wednesday.  I'm all in that we play in prime time on Wednesday.  To me, this is the set up that, for TV, makes sense:

Day game - Brewers at LA - 1:00 local, 4:00 eastern

Evening game - Red Sox at Houston - 7:00 local, 8:00 eastern

You can find an OK room for less than tree fiddy, I bet. If it's a ways from Fenway, use public transportation. You really don't need a rental car up there. Anything less than 5 bills for a ticket is a bargain. So don't be so tight with your money. I'd do it if I were you. Even the Bregman family would tell you to do it. IYKWIMAIBTYD

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Price was really good against the Astros last season in relief.  I think the rumors of Price being worthless in the postseason are overrated. 

Not as a starter. He is something like 0-8 with a 6 era.  In relief, he has been ok, but those first inning jitters must get to him.