Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Those kids did nothing wrong it sounds and looks like, except being aware they should have just avoided the people protesting and realizing they are the red meat and chum and a protestors wet dream. I think the response was pretty strong for their age group and I think that written response was hilariously strong. Good for them, I say.

Weren’t the kids the ones “protesting”

besides chanting build that wall in a racist way to intimidate a vet?

phyically intimidating an elderly vet?

Hiding behind lawyer drafted letter and trying to blame their bad behavior by lying about the event to claim #bothside-ism

yep, those young adults did nothing wrong. 😒😒😒

9 minutes ago, F250 said:

I know this is a controversial position to take but I am just going to come out and say it. The aggy rivalry game should be renewed and it should be on Thanksgiving.

Deep down inside, most of you want this too.

Deep down it would give me eternal joy to never play them again. You know why? Because it would make THEM so upset—not us.

19 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Those kids did nothing wrong it sounds and looks like, except being aware they should have just avoided the people protesting and realizing they are the red meat and chum and a protestors wet dream. I think the response was pretty strong for their age group and I think that written response was hilariously strong. Good for them, I say.

They did a lot wrong.

19 minutes ago, happyfunball said:

Weren’t the kids the ones “protesting”

besides chanting build that wall

So now we have conflicting stories between the kid and the older man. I haven’t seen enough footage so I clearly could have missed it (And I couldn’t hear anything clearly in the chaos of the clips I’ve seen), but is there evidence besides the older man’s claim that the kids were shouting “build the wall?” I see them laughing and jumping around; I see them doing the tomahawk chop and other racial stereotypes which is obviously a problem (although our punchable face wasn’t engaging in that).

There’s a bit of question begging going on here, where the dominant story must be true because the kid is racist and the kid is racist because that’s what the story says. Every good story needs a villain.

Hopefully we can all agree that the Black Hebrew Israelites are unquestionably racist and hold an ideology that is both despicable and incomprehensible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yoshi said:

People sure keep throwing around this "they chanted, build the wall!" like that's a verified fact.   Lots of video of this incident and that hasn't actually been heard in any of them. 

That's true, but there is quite a lot of video showing them doing the tomahawk chop, and dancing around doing American Indian parodies. Is that ok? 

Also, the little fat kid with the boobs in the video that starts before drummers get there shouldn't be dancing around the Lincoln Memorial with his shirt off and being cheered for it. 

Not really Alt-right mockery, but not sure what thread it would go in.

Saturday evening, wife and I were at the Galleria in Dallas.  Parked the car in the garage, and was walking in Nordstrom.  A late 40's-mid 50's woman is walking towards my wife and I, carrying her bags.  Just as she reaches us, she asks us rather loudly "do you speak English"?.  I'm looking at her and reply "yes".  There was a brief pause, and I'm thinking she needs help or something...and she yells out "oh thank God" and then walks away.  Wife and I look at each other like "what the hell" was that, then went on in.

Apparently there were just too many people in the mall on a Saturday night of different color/nationality for her to cope.  I told my wife that bitch wants a wall pronto.  And I couldn't imagine her walking on some random sidewalk in NYC.

20 minutes ago, Seger78 said:

That's true, but there is quite a lot of video showing them doing the tomahawk chop, and dancing around doing American Indian parodies. Is that ok? 

That’s certainly not ok; neither is the name Washington Redskins or the tomahawk chop at sporting events if we’re going down that road. The older man appears to claim that he approached them after hearing them chant “build the wall.”  

If turned out to not be the case, that would change the framing of this quite a bit, particularly for the main villain. If this wasn’t actually a stand-off between the personification of Trump’s wall and the personification of the suffering inflicted by that deep racial hatred, it becomes something much less visceral. Right now the story is so perfect.

Something happened and clearly some of the students acted in a racially insensitive manner. Also clearly, the story we’re being told isn’t quite accurate (the details keep shifting); also clearly, the story has been framed to produce maximum anger. None of that is good (both sides!).

Ultimately, the truth matters, especially in our post-truth world. If we’re going to seek to destroy these kids for life, as has been advocated here repeatedly, specifically, and forcefully, you better get your facts right. Otherwise you’re just another lynch mob (both sides!).

5 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Catholic high school kids shouldn’t be wearing MAGA hats to an anti-abortion rally.   Somebody wanted them to make a political statement. 

And that written response was from a lawyer.  I’m surprised you didn’t realize that.  Or maybe not. 

3 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

They can wear what they want to wear. Despite lunatics claiming the contrary, MAGA wear isn’t hate speech. 

Sure they can wear what they want to wear, just like they can deal with people not giving them the benefit of the the doubt in regards to being racist assholes. Plenty of other folks have to deal with not getting to the benefit of the doubt for much flimsier reasons. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

LOL.  Kentucky. 

Again, Covington is a white-flight suburb of Cincinnati. Kentucky is all kinds of fucked up, but this is more an Ohio deal. 

The BBC's account is full of details I hadn't seen before. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46943364?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_mchannel=social

They were three groups involved. The MAGA kids, the natives, and the Black Hebrew Israelites -- not black Muslims. The Black Hebrew Israelites -- at least the extremists within that sect -- are officially classed as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center and it seems as if it was they who escalated tensions all around. (According to the SPLC, " [the extremists within the sect] believe that Jews are devilish impostors and ... openly condemn whites as evil personified, deserving only death or slavery."

And: "A 1999 FBI terrorism risk assessment report stated that "violent radical fringe members" of the Black Hebrew Israelite movement hold "beliefs [that] bear a striking resemblance to the Christian Identity theology practiced by many white supremacists."

These "wypipo" (I hate when white people use that term about themselves) don't come across as looking all that great, but this was a perfect shitstorm on the Washington Mall. I don't think the white kids deserve to have their lives destroyed over this. I believe that there is an element of white guilt in our pillorying these kids -- it happens over and over again with privileged white kids. There was Duke lacrosse. There was the UVA rape case. There is some part of we white people that wants to believe the worst about ourselves.

I am certain that many of the reformed GOP members on this very board would have acted similarly if confronted in a similar fashion by both Black Hebrew Israelites and an intense Native American man when y'all were at the age of 16, 17, 18. Don't lie and say you would have broken ranks with your own tribe. You wouldn't have. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DixonHur said:

The point is that the viral buzz got started because Nathan Phillips said he and his group were playing their instruments and chanting when all of the sudden they were surrounded/confronted by the teens.  That's simply a lie. 

The bold part is the lie. Nathan Phillips never said that.

The big group of boys was being openly racist and out of control, so he walked over to chant medicine to calm them down. Like an older person generally does to groups of unruly teens.

The big group of unruly teens mocks him with racist actions and words, and one of them stands right in his face in open and plain mockery.

The old man realizes that he's not just dealing with a group of wild teens, but is instead dealing with a hate group, and gets scared.

You are very easily influenced by right-wing trolls.

In my opinion, he went over there with the intention of getting them riled up so he could get his "gotcha" moment. 

Seek help for your thoroughly broken soul.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mole said:

The older man appears to claim that he approached them after hearing them chant “build the wall.”  

They're fully decked out in MAGA gear, why the hell are you acting like some of them saying "build the wall" is some statistical improbability?

Also, why are you trying to hinge all of this on one phrase among all of the racist messages being spread by the boys, including their clothing?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The bold part is the lie. Nathan Phillips never said that.

The big group of boys was being openly racist and out of control, so he walked over to chant medicine to calm them down. Like an older person generally does to groups of unruly teens.

The big group of unruly teens mocks him with racist actions and words, and one of them stands right in his face in open and plain mockery.

The old man realizes that he's not just dealing with a group of wild teens, but is instead dealing with a hate group, and gets scared.

Seek help for your thoroughly broken soul.

Who hurt you?  Your white guilt is palpable. 

It wasn't "right-wing trolls" that influenced me.  I was "influenced" by watching the entire hour and forty-six minute video.  Have you watched the whole thing?  If not, then come back and see me when you have.

As for the "lie", here's another video of Nathan Phillips where he literally says they were surrounded by the teens and he was trying to escape.  He later changed his story after the full video emerged.

His original story

I hate the MAGA crowed as much as the next rational person, but I'm not going to blindly blame everything on them until the facts are known.  And when the facts don't support what I want to be true then I ammend what I originally thought.

I originally was pissed at the MAGA brats because it fit my internal narrative.  I avoided watching the whole video for a while because I assumed it would be some nuanced defense, but when I finally watched I came away with a different view.  Facts work both ways.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The kid shouldn’t have been doxxed and the mob mentality on social media went overboard. And there was some additional nuance added from more videos.

That said, a little piece of shit is smirking and disrespecting a peaceful Native elder with his school mates are mocking loudly in the background. That hasn’t changed. Nuance doesn’t change that level of despicable behavior.

And the MAGA boy and Trumpkin response? They did nothing wrong. They deflect 100% of the blame. It’s other people’s fault that they laughed and tomohawked and decided to surround a few Native Americans. This is the Trump defense, and his followers use it as well.

Maybe the most pathetic part is watching the media react to additional video footage by practically apologizing to MAGA boys. They are so afraid of being called “fake news” that they are willing to do a 180 to look “objective”. Fuck all of those cowards.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

They're fully decked out in MAGA gear, why the hell are you acting like some of them saying "build the wall" is some statistical improbability?

Also, why are you trying to hinge all of this on one phrase among all of the racist messages being spread by the boys, including their clothing?

Statistical probability?  Is that our burden of proof now?

There is a nearly 2 hour video of the event...kindly guide me to the part where they are chanting "build the wall".

Edited by DixonHur

Just now, DixonHur said:

Statistical probability?  Is that our burden of proof now?

There is a nearly 2 hour video of the event...kindly guide me to the part where they are chanting "build the wall".

Why are you focusing on one piece of possible misinformation to discredit an entire incident?

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Why are you focusing on one piece of possible misinformation to discredit an entire incident?

I'm not.  Read through my posts on the topic.  I've already said the MAGA boys acted extremely inappropriately.  

My only point is that they didn't start it.  It's like the second punch in football is always the one that draws the flag.  Doesn't make the punch any less of a foul, but the instigator should also shoulder some of the blame.

That said, in this case I blame the adults more than the children.  Nathan Phillips knew what he was doing.  A little research and you'll see that this isn't his first rodeo with controversy.

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm not.  Read through my posts on the topic.  I've already said the MAGA boys acted extremely inappropriately.  

My only point is that they didn't start it.  It's like the second punch in football is always the one that draws the flag.  Doesn't make the punch any less of a foul, but the instigator should also shoulder some of the blame.

That said, in this case I blame the adults more than the children.  Nathan Phillips knew what he was doing.  A little research and you'll see that this isn't his first rodeo with controversy.

I kinda agree with you in spirit and I guess the kindest thing that could be said about the Cov kids... is that they didn't start it. But in that moment of decision making and action they chose instead to act like asses. I hope most of them are just assholes due to immaturity. 

Edited by YChang
  • Like 1

Anyone who walks around DC with a MAGA hat is embracing confrontation. You can act like these kids are ignorant to what that hat represents to a lot of people, but they know what they’re doing. This school goes to DC every year for the pro-life March. They clearly embrace the political warfare. It’s a “fuck you” to anyone who is anti-Trump.

People that begrudgingly support Trump would never wear the red hat. Even they know what it represents and the negative reaction it deservedly gets.

The fact that we’re trying to normalize this type of behavior is fucking horseshit. Just setting things up for it to happen more frequently. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

These "wypipo" (I hate when white people use that term about themselves) don't come across as looking all that great, but this was a perfect shitstorm on the Washington Mall. I don't think the white kids deserve to have their lives destroyed over this. I believe that there is an element of white guilt in our pillorying these kids -- it happens over and over again with privileged white kids. There was Duke lacrosse. There was the UVA rape case. There is some part of we white people that wants to believe the worst about ourselves.

I am certain that many of the reformed GOP members on this very board would have acted similarly if confronted in a similar fashion by both Black Hebrew Israelites and an intense Native American man when y'all were at the age of 16, 17, 18. Don't lie and say you would have broken ranks with your own tribe. You wouldn't have. 

I mean really, when are white folks gonna catch a break for once!

[csb] I was a judge at a high-school debate tournament on Saturday...  Lots of different schools, public, private and charter schools were there.  Most of the PF debates were not memorable or remarkable, but I pay close attention and try to give the kids solid constructive feedback to help them if they so choose.  The highlight of my day was a debate between teams from a very expensive private school and a large title 1 public school.  The round started with the first of two speakers for the private school...  it was good.. a little cringy but most high school kids are not polished speakers and have a thin grasp of the concepts.  Usually teams just speed read quotes supporting their points and provide a vague summary that is usually riddled with logical fallacies.  Just as expected check.  The first speaker from the public school got up to speak and was a little nervous, but launched into a well structured and reasoned defense of his position...   Immediately the boys from the private school started giggling, smirking and subtle eye rolls every time the public school boy struggled to pronounce a technical word in what was clearly his second language.  (I assume he was Indian or Pakistani, but I could be way off base)  But even with the accented speech and his rapid pace it was easy to see that he was clearly more prepared and understood the topic very well.   He destroyed them...  When the second team members spoke, it was more of the same.  On cross examination the beating was well and truly underway...  Snickering continued as they were getting owned...but you could tell they had no idea they were even losing...   At the end, the team from the private school high five'd and celebrated and asked me if I would disclose my decision (which I didn't)...  then I saw the kid from the other team smirk as he walked out the door...  kinda made my day [/csb]

For the record the vast majority of the kids are really great.  The event was held in a large public school and the graffiti on the bathroom walls racist AF.  Including taunts that Trump was going to throw out the "beanpickers"  So it's not just the private school bros...  it is really sad.

Covington Catholic Basketball game

Look at the students in blackface on the left and right and the kid to the immediate left of the Clark County player is making that white supremacist troll sign

What do you expect from a state that gave us Mitch McConnell

j3l0ef0flqb21.jpg

Edited by Mapache
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Huge MegaMind Will ferrell sized progressive brain: “your house and education is because my grandpappy was killed!” Facts! Truth! Just telling the truth not being confrontational or hostile. White 16 year olds are evil and the fact that Covington is in kentucky (but really a suburb of Cincy with a decent EY practice, I’ve been there) means it’s racist.

also huge megamind progressives: Wearing a MAGA hat is evil and hostile and confrontational and you should be accosted and assaulted for it!

Hell yeah, you're finally starting to get it!

Huge MegaMind Will ferrell sized progressive brain: “your house and education is because my grandpappy was killed!” Facts! Truth! Just telling the truth not being confrontational or hostile. White 16 year olds are evil and the fact that Covington is in kentucky (but really a suburb of Cincy with a decent EY practice, I’ve been there) means it’s racist.

also huge megamind progressives: Wearing a MAGA hat is evil and hostile and confrontational and you should be accosted and assaulted for it!

MAGAminds: if any non-white approaches me I’m being accosted and assaulted!

P.S. liberals are snowflakez!

• Like 1

“A little harder than needed” is a little euphemistic.

There’s difference between offense and the lynch mob that formed over the weekend for this one kid. Any attempts to justify or perpetuate  that (but his hat!) is to abdicate any sense of morals. It’s fair to discuss the details of the scene, but it only makes sense with the shared understanding that the punishment the kid received was an injustice. Whataboutism by referencing other injustices does change what happened; neither does the racial grievance posturing that’s happening on this board.

Even if you grant that a MAGA hat is an invitation  to political discourse, three groups had a messy political discussion. Each group had moments that were inappropriate, mostly the Black Hebrews, but now I guess they must be good since they were going after the evil MAGAs.

Despite a nuanced and mostly nonsensical interaction, the event was framed in a particular way to focus our grievances onto one teenager. All of our rage over the worst of Trumpism was focused on that single smirk. This teenager’s crimes were his hat, standing still, and being born with a particularly punchable face. The punishment for such a crime includes threats to his future (reaching out to colleges he might apply for as well as everything this board advocated), threats of violence to his friends and family, and threats of violence to himself. 

This very board, in its righteous indignation over this kid endorsed saddling him with the (dishonest) framing of this event for life. Some of the more respected and long standing members of this board are real pieces of shit, and not in the normal shaggy/surly way.

• Like 1

Yeah, that poor white kid born into a privileged wealthy family literally standing in the way of native american interests really is the victim here. Is that about right mole? If you don't want to be associated with the worst aspects of a hateful group, then maybe you shouldn't wear their clothes and act the same way they do and antagonize using the same tactics.

Nah, that's just crazy talk.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mole said:

“A little harder than needed” is a little euphemistic.

There’s difference between offense and the lynch mob that formed over the weekend for this one kid. Any attempts to justify or perpetuate  that (but his hat!) is to abdicate any sense of morals. It’s fair to discuss the details of the scene, but it only makes sense with the shared understanding that the punishment the kid received was an injustice. Whataboutism by referencing other injustices does change what happened; neither does the racial grievance posturing that’s happening on this board.

Even if you grant that a MAGA hat is an invitation  to political discourse, three groups had a messy political discussion. Each group had moments that were inappropriate, mostly the Black Hebrews, but now I guess they must be good since they were going after the evil MAGAs.

Despite a nuanced and mostly nonsensical interaction, the event was framed in a particular way to focus our grievances onto one teenager. All of our rage over the worst of Trumpism was focused on that single smirk. This teenager’s crimes were his hat, standing still, and being born with a particularly punchable face. The punishment for such a crime includes threats to his future (reaching out to colleges he might apply for as well as everything this board advocated), threats of violence to his friends and family, and threats of violence to himself. 

This very board, in its righteous indignation over this kid endorsed saddling him with the (dishonest) framing of this event for life. Some of the more respected and long standing members of this board are real pieces of shit, and not in the normal shaggy/surly way.

The kid's a twat. 

• Fuck You 1

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy