So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

I for one hope Charlie gets fired at USF and then goes somewhere else and has great success just in time to come in and get a 120 mill 12 year no fire guarenteeeed money contract from aggy after they set Jimbo free.

Free at last! Free at last! Free at last! Thank god almighty free at last!

43693f9cda7cb385fb51b058483783a8.jpg

The animosity against him baffles me. It's not like he came in and tried to shit up the program. And by the way, he way over-achieved in recruiting. Ultimately, it didn't work out. The results on the field weren't there. But the internet rage against this guy is kind of weird.
On the one hand, you're right, the guy just took a job he was offered and colossally failed at it. Happens all the time.

I think the animosity comes from two places.

First is the cesspool, it's a Texas problem, semi racist undertone message that surrounded the firing of our statistically worst coach ever. Animosity towards Strong is misplaced here, as this was a media deal, but not surprising he takes some collateral damage.

Second is the way he left, the cake is baked narrative, doing nothing to silence those pointing the finger at Texas and own his underperformance, and the fucked up USF contract. He earned every bit of that, as I never once heard him admit that he should probably be fired based on his record and underperformance.

If you want to act petulant on the way out the door of a job you deserved to lose, don't be shocked when some folks revel in the validation that you deserved to lose it.
  • Like 2

Nobody should hate Strong nor Mack, frankly I claim that all this talk of "stealing" is more disturbing than anything they ever did it takes two to tango and they were offered that salary in part for recruiting reasons (imagine the negative recruiting if your coach is considering the program as a stepping stone), same with the Earl quote, you would think it was Mack literally stabbing him in the back the way some people here reacted to it.

In the end this virulent overreaction is counter productive, objectively asses the coaches and make cold empirical decisions based on qualified candidates out there, the idea that you have to turn the fanbase into a violent mob in order to fire a coach is the way you end up in a death spiral like Aggie, Tennessee and Nebraska is in right now.

If you can't upgrade then don't fire the coach, no matter how much he is "stealing"

OU and OSU identified coaching talent and continued their process, not saying there is no luck involved but intelligence helps you minimize the randomness.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Totally agree. I pretty much said the same thing up in the thread. We sound like aggy how obsessed we are over this guy and keep rehashing the same shit over and over again..

If you can’t understand why people rightfully hate the worst football coach in our history because he stole millions from us and tortured our souls and eyeballs for three seasons, maybe you’re special, too. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Thujone said:

The narrative at the time, by everyone, was that he did. But you've got a cranium with a 33" circumference, or so I've been told by the rock-biters, so it must be right. You tell me how fielding top 10-15 classes after losing seasons isn't overachieving. I'm waiting. 

At Texas, a top 10-15 class is the bare minimum of acceptable, even when you're losing games left and right.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Not succeeding doesn't necessarily mean one deserves animosity. You clearly have a lot of anger at a guy who hasn't been a part of program for two years. I suppose that's between you and your therapist. What makes him a good man? How about the fact that he cleaned out 5-10 players who were bad guys, locker room cancers? Remember that? Or is that too inconvenient for you and your myopic view of the narrative you seek to perpetuate? Don't know what perpetuate means? Don't know what myopic means? Ask your mom, since you still live with her.

Re: the USF contract: sorry, I don't buy it. Contract negotiations are just that, and their buttressed on every side by lawyers. Are you saying our lawyers got got? Well then, guess we ought to get better lawyers. What a crock of shit this narrative is. But it's convenient, isn't it, dipshit?

Sub 90 IQ? Really? You stooped to that eh? Guess you're the authority on intelligence. Do us a favor and post your career earnings. We'll compare them to Charlies and see who's done better for themselves and their family. Or are you going to argue that this person with a "sub 90 IQ" somehow tricked us? Yes, that's it. He tricked us. He accidentally, stupidly, tricked us into paying him all of that money. What an idiot! Stooping to the IQ argument is the most obvious way to expose yourself as an idiot, and I'll say it: a racist. Fuck you.

You've clearly got an axe to grind. Maybe Texas didn't cover on some of your parlays while you were out wagering the kids' college money. I don't know. That's between you, your wife, and the judge. But sometimes coaches don't work out. That's college football. Maybe you should find a new sport. Or a new team to follow. I hear OU is hiring. They suck. Just like you.

Stick to drawing cartoon dicks.  Because apparently that’s the highest and best use of your intelligence and talents here. 

You were always blowing that fucktard Charlie and goaltending for him. Fuck him. He sucks. And so do your last few posts.  

• Like 5

And thujone the man clearly either suffers from severe CTE or has a sub 90 IQ.  Because there is no other explanation for the repeated stupid decisions he makes.  

Maybe take a break from coaching asbestos plaintiffs with picture books to identify non bankrupt products manufacturers and sign him up for a CTE case.  

• Like 4

If you can’t understand why people rightfully hate the worst football coach in our history because he stole millions from us and tortured our souls and eyeballs for three seasons, maybe you’re special, too. 

If you can’t stop obsessing over a failed coach who’s gone, maybe you’re special too. Sorry, he fucked your wife.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

If you can’t stop obsessing over a failed coach who’s gone, maybe you’re special too. Sorry, he fucked your wife.

I don’t obsess over him.  I do notice and ridicule his stupidity.  Like I do the aggy trainwreck   

Why do you comment on it if you don’t care?  Are you an amateur psychiatrist?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

My goodness, can't believe there's still Strong defenders here.

He was a garbage coach, the worst in the program's history, and failed to turn in even a single winning season.

He collected $25M for going 16-21 in 3 years which culminated in a humiliating defeat to Kansas. 

He deserves to be mocked and jeered mercilessly for the trash product he fielded week in, week out. 

Regretfully, this^^^^

1 hour ago, Thujone said:

Not succeeding doesn't necessarily mean one deserves animosity. You clearly have a lot of anger at a guy who hasn't been a part of program for two years. I suppose that's between you and your therapist. What makes him a good man? How about the fact that he cleaned out 5-10 players who were bad guys, locker room cancers? Remember that? Or is that too inconvenient for you and your myopic view of the narrative you seek to perpetuate? Don't know what perpetuate means? Don't know what myopic means? Ask your mom, since you still live with her.

Re: the USF contract: sorry, I don't buy it. Contract negotiations are just that, and their buttressed on every side by lawyers. Are you saying our lawyers got got? Well then, guess we ought to get better lawyers. What a crock of shit this narrative is. But it's convenient, isn't it, dipshit?

Sub 90 IQ? Really? You stooped to that eh? Guess you're the authority on intelligence. Do us a favor and post your career earnings. We'll compare them to Charlies and see who's done better for themselves and their family. Or are you going to argue that this person with a "sub 90 IQ" somehow tricked us? Yes, that's it. He tricked us. He accidentally, stupidly, tricked us into paying him all of that money. What an idiot! Stooping to the IQ argument is the most obvious way to expose yourself as an idiot, and I'll say it: a racist. Fuck you.

You've clearly got an axe to grind. Maybe Texas didn't cover on some of your parlays while you were out wagering the kids' college money. I don't know. That's between you, your wife, and the judge. But sometimes coaches don't work out. That's college football. Maybe you should find a new sport. Or a new team to follow. I hear OU is hiring. They suck. Just like you.

Wellllll.... that escalated quickly!

Let's see, I am going to go after and try to unload on an experienced attorney who draws internet famous cartoon penii on the side. What could possibly go wrong?!

He's the worst coach we've ever had.  He continues to be a terrible coach and is deserving of all the ridicule he has received on this thread.  

I mean I don't "hate" the guy like we should all hate Briles, but this narrative that he's this great man is nonsense ginned up by his fanbois back in 2014.  He's an idiot and a shithead and continues to prove that you don't really have to be smart or particularly great at your job to get rich.  

10 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Ah, see we call this an "ad hominem" attack. I'm more concerned about your personal baggage you seem to have about asbestos litigation. Were you or a parent part of the WR Grace conglomerate that killed all those people in Libby, Montana? Are you so sad that as a result of killing so many people, your company had to declare bankruptcy? 

If you'd ever like to truly understand complex civil litigation, I'm happy to explain it to you. Just, please, if you do accept my offer, bring an interpreter who can translate what I say into crayon.

Asbestos litigation is complex?  Since when?

Just now, Thujone said:

His rankings were as follows, according to 247.

2014-Ranked #20 (signing day right after being hired)

2015- Ranked #10 (2014 record 6-7)

2016-Ranked #7 (2015 record 5-7)

You guys are kidding right? I know the product on the field was garbage, as I've said. But you're going to sit there and shovel that bullshit of "the guy couldn't recruit?" Shut the fuck up. You expose yourself with those type of arguments. When those classes came in, we were out of our minds excited with how the guy closed after those shitty seasons. Say what you will about his actual football coaching (I actually agree he is not good, straw man attacks aside), but the guy could recruit.

spacer.png