So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

7 minutes ago, Thujone said:

You are fucking serious when it comes to people saying maybe Charlie is, two years after the fact, being treated with excess vitriol. I mean, disagree all you wish, but bro. Drink a White Claw.

Shawn Watson for sure drinks White Claws. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

So did Charlie.  He was getting his buddies in the media to shit talk us.  Thankfully him managing to lose to Kansas kind of cut most of that bullshit off at the knees.  

Um, NO one tried to sabotage the program like that fucking clown Brown did.   He owns that title.  End of story.

Move on.

• Like 2

Again, you actually watch USF? How much of a hardon would you have to have for this guy to sit through that shit?
Yeah I watch USF occasionally. I have three kids with UCF degrees and USF is their hated rival. So If I am surfing and come across a USF game I will watch a little. USF fans are almost as insufferable as aggy and USF bull misery is almost as good as aggy misery.

raymond james is a great stadium to watch football in and we went to a USF UCF game several years back when USF was cheating heavily. they sell beer at rj and the USF idoits kept wanting to start fights once they got A beer in em. a coupla rows in front of us, we were in the upper deck, could see good, great stadium with the pirate ship and all but I digress, a bunch of drunken USF sorority bitches were harassing some UCF sorority bitches and a catfight broke out. tampa cops came and hauled off the USF drunk bitches. it was more entertaining than the game.
also these stupid USF twats have no fucking clue how and when to use the hook em horns. it was very irritating.

so fuck em and fuck charlie they deserve each other he's a perfect fit at that cracker moron skool. he's stupid they stupid. it's no wonder he can't figure out where he is cause University of SOUTH Florida isn't anywhere near South Florida it's in CENTRAL FLORIDA. IDOITS.

• Like 2

As if more proof was needed. Some on here are defending the indefensible.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/9/29/20889968/espn-analysts-discuss-charlie-strong-and-usf-football-during-smu-blowout-aac-sonny-dykes-buechele

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

McCloud?

USF'S QB is Space Angel?

well no wonder he throws picks.

3b8fc295d53e66ad232db37bcc9241b0.gif
  • Like 1

No. I didn't. I made a point and I stand by it. The level of vitriol for Charlie is disproportionate to what he did here. You've done nothing to change that fact. But you have typed a lot of words. And you were clearly very personally hurt by Charlie's performance here. Damaged emotionally. It's not your fault.
actually the vitriol is for what HE DIDN'T DO while here.

He was the worst UT football coach almost any of us have ever lived through-- I almost forgot ArmyBrat probably started the "FIRE ED PRICE" cave etchings back in the 50s. The vitriol was hard-earned and well-deserved.
I resemble that remark.

Ed Price had a winning record at Texas but he DID lose to that fradulent piece of shit loser Bear Bryant when Bryant was at aggy. of course Ed did beat the fraud Bryant twice before.

it is unthinkable for Texas to lose to a team coached by that wanker loser Bryant so Ed was fired and DKR was hired, DKR promptly kicked Bryant's candy nancy boy aggy ass and Bryant ran away screaming like a little girl to the easy pickings of the pussy ass Semen Eating Cucks conference where DKR kicked Bear's fradulent candy ass every time they went head to head. ESPN sucking sec dick is nothing new. newspapers did it before espn existed. they sucked bryant and bama dick incessently. Bama was always gonna kick Texas ass always. It was a sucker bet I made good money betting on the Horns when we played Bama.

and then that shit Mack fucked it up.
  • Like 1

Why the fuck are we still typing/talking about Charlie?
He sucked. The only worse athletic department hire was his boss - this f'n clown, Patterson. 
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn3.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumbor%2FHss8y43r4w4sxx0X6BMf7hpFu8A%3D%2F0x360%3A768x792%2F1600x900%2Fcdn0.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_image%2Fimage%2F22534225%2Fbxsasdoccaapuoo.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
there is another.

6be94556fc21a8f7515befda9b74c88e.jpgbf623ab8ea94c34617c0d188e9094007.jpg

fuck that guy and fuck deloss for hiring that worthless piece of shit.

he was the worst before patterson and strong
  • Like 1

The umbrage over Charlie Strong is less about him being objectively the. worst. coach. in TX's history, and more about the water-carrying posters convincing everyone how wrong they were about him being the. worst. coach. in TX's history.  "He just needs 6 more years to get his guys in there". 

Watching him prove us right is just delicious schadenfreude topping the vindication cake.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

My grandfather played for Ed Price (which is the only reason I know this) but while he had a bad end to his short tenure, he still managed a pair of conference titles, finished in the top 10 twice and won a Cotton Bowl over Tennessee; so in no way was he worse than Strong.

I’m guessing you meant Jack Chevigny, but even he had a better records than Strong.

Ah, the Internet, where no joke is so throwaway that it won't get earnestly corrected.

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

I almost feel bad for the poor school that's gonna hire him as a DC.  

Now that he's gone I wish him no ill will - he was just in WAY over his head w/out a Teddy Bridgewater to cover up his decision making as a HC`.  As a coordinator, maybe that's his speed.  Assuming he's been fairly intelligent with his money, that shouldn't be an issue.  Get back to basics.  Let someone else make the hard in-game calls.

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Now that he's gone I wish him no ill will

Yeah, I'm not looking at USF's schedule and gleefully waiting each week's humiliating meltdown. I don't really care if it happens or not-- I'm not actively rooting against the guy. I talk about vitriol and hatred, it's just message board hyperbole silliness. But when it does happen, and it seems almost inevitable each week, it amuses me. 

7 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Yeah, I'm not looking at USF's schedule and gleefully waiting each week's humiliating meltdown. I don't really care if it happens or not-- I'm not actively rooting against the guy. I talk about vitriol and hatred, it's just message board hyperbole silliness. But when it does happen, and it seems almost inevitable each week, it amuses me. 

During Charlie's first season at UT, against UCLA in Jerryworld, on 4th down late in the game and the game on the line, Charlie had to rush to get the play in to Swoopes and get the ball snapped. Swoopes was a lot of things but a QB who could be rushed on 4th and short with the game on the line wasn't always one of them.

What started me questioning Charlie's game management was why he chose to rush that play instead of call that last time out and get everything straight.

Of course, the play fell apart and UCLA took over on downs and won the game.

My take on Charlie was that he was great with a smaller program (or smaller set of responsibilities) where he could personally be involved with all the decisions and the players. He doesn't seem to be good at evaluating the capabilities of potential subordinates when assembling a staff. When he is forced to delegate, he is utterly clueless as to what his subordinates are doing (Shawn Watson in Y2 vs ND).

Charlie needs an AD who can help him get over his weaknesses in delegating responsibilities to subordinates. Patterson absolutely was not that guy.

Absent a mentor-AD, Charlie needs to go back to being a coordinator, find a really small program, or to call it a day and find another vocation.

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

There's a reason top CFB coaches make generational money.  Same reason top CEO's do.  They are unicorns.  As rare as rooster lips.  Mack aged like a POTUS.  The pressure is intense.  Not many can thrive under these circumstances.  Then when you do hit on an up and coming star, assuming you're not a tier-I school or a blue-blood, it's tough to keep them around.  Have a good friend that is tight with Arthur Johnson.  He repeatedly told me how much the kids loved Strong.  He just couldn't put it all together.  It's the ultimate meritocracy.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’m no psychologist, but I’m pretty sure that if you have PTSD that it’s not healthy to obsess over the source of your PTSD

Enjoying the misery of others is some of the best therapy available.  I think the Germans even have a word for it.  Of course they also have made us crap like zeitgeist...

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

During Charlie's first season at UT, against UCLA in Jerryworld, on 4th down late in the game and the game on the line, Charlie had to rush to get the play in to Swoopes and get the ball snapped. Swoopes was a lot of things but a QB who could be rushed on 4th and short with the game on the line wasn't always one of them.

What started me questioning Charlie's game management was why he chose to rush that play instead of call that last time out and get everything straight.

Of course, the play fell apart and UCLA took over on downs and won the game.

My take on Charlie was that he was great with a smaller program (or smaller set of responsibilities) where he could personally be involved with all the decisions and the players. He doesn't seem to be good at evaluating the capabilities of potential subordinates when assembling a staff. When he is forced to delegate, he is utterly clueless as to what his subordinates are doing (Shawn Watson in Y2 vs ND).

Charlie needs an AD who can help him get over his weaknesses in delegating responsibilities to subordinates. Patterson absolutely was not that guy.

Absent a mentor-AD, Charlie needs to go back to being a coordinator, find a really small program, or to call it a day and find another vocation.

He could take over that middle school when art Briles moves on

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

The umbrage over Charlie Strong is less about him being objectively the. worst. coach. in TX's history, and more about the water-carrying posters convincing everyone how wrong they were about him being the. worst. coach. in TX's history.  "He just needs 6 more years to get his guys in there". 

Watching him prove us right is just delicious schadenfreude topping the vindication cake.

"Eh, I don't think Charlie's very good."

"That's very racist of you, racist."

1 minute ago, Disco Missile said:

"Eh, I don't think Charlie's very good."

"That's very racist of you, racist."

Yep.  It's the ultimate meritocracy.  I care about the success and integrity of the program.  Not the man behind it.  I wanted Strong to succeed.  Both because of the abyss we were wandering in, and that he seemed like a genuinely good man.  He was ridiculously compensated for the amount of grief he took.  You want to swim the sharks, you better have thick skin.  

It's when twat-waddles start conflating the color of his skin (or anything else) to the product on the field.  It's a convenient excuse to deflect from the fact that his hire was a flat out miss.  It's a social-justice cousin to the sunk cost fallacy in economics.  Just move on.  It's not about any other distinguishing  factors than that.  It's also the easiest way to shut up the few racists cunts that we know are still out there and always will be.  Just win.  

better than having to contemplate yer aggy's clusterfuck eh.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

when twat-waddles (sic) start conflating

Holy shit, this thread is an absolute gold mine of bad band names. The only real question here is whether or not to extend "Twat-waddles" to include conflation, but I'm kinda leaning toward yes, which then brings up the problem of whether to use "Conflating" as a verb or adjective... this time, I lean to the latter, so "Conflating Twat-Waddles" it mote be.

Correcting "waddles" to "waffles" was considered, but since there is not a clear reference to SECSECSEC, no waffle houses needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'm putting in a service ticket to imma/bob(s) to enable downvoting of a thread, with thread closure by crowdsourced consensus, with this thread as the use case.

Point of order:  Will we lose any post and rep counts accumulated from this thread?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I'm putting in a service ticket to imma/bob(s) to enable downvoting of a thread, with thread closure by crowdsourced consensus, with this thread as the use case.

I know this is going to sound revolutionary, but I have a related idea. Let people who feel like wasting time and clicks on bad threads do so. Let people who want it have an option to "ignore thread" or "mark all future entries read" and just don't read or complain.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 8:39 AM, Thatguy said:

Um, clearly you are just reading box scores and not watching games. He got hurt in the Tulane game and left with a shoulder. They tried to bring him back for the Temple game two games later but he couldn't throw(83 yards passing in that game), and he hasn't been back since. Before he got hurt they were 7-1. Meanwhile we could possibly finish the season with 5 losses as well and we are healthy so we have no right to criticize what's going on over there. Charlie was 10-2 last year if I recall, with their two looses being UH and a team that has won 25 games in a row.

How is Charlie doing now?

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, Thatguy said:

Please. We started the season losing to Maryland......at home.....again. We couldn't stop OSU. We couldn't stop WVU. We struggled down the stretch of seemingly every game we played. And don't get me started about the coaching in the title game that we backdoored into. This year was only a slight improvement over last year's 7-6. Even though we had a big upgrade in QB play over Shane. If you are happy with it then fine, but not me.

Whatever happened to Thatguy? Fucking dunce.

He thought Charlie was doing as good a job at South Florida as Herman was doing at Texas. Get your shinebox, fucktard.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 5