So...about Charlie Strong at USF...

horn_of_the_morning

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t see that guy fleecing another university. I don’t see his performance on a weekly basis. I detest them both, yet, wouldn’t think about either one iota if they weren’t on my TV, continuing to fail. 

Anyone that this “baffles” is someone looking to pick a fight

Again, you actually watch USF? How much of a hardon would you have to have for this guy to sit through that shit?

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t see that guy fleecing another university. I don’t see his performance on a weekly basis. I detest them both, yet, wouldn’t think about either one iota if they weren’t on my TV, continuing to fail. 

Anyone that this “baffles” is someone looking to pick a fight

His legacy lives on via Shaka Smart who is similarly destroying the basketball program 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You threw out lazy internet smack tropes - calling me a loser, stating that I live with my parents, presenting that I don't make money, stating that I'm unsuccessful, and offering that I need Internet friends to make myself feel good

In all fairness, that last part is true.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thujone said:

No. I didn't. I made a point and I stand by it. The level of vitriol for Charlie is disproportionate to what he did here. You've done nothing to change that fact. But you have typed a lot of words. And you were clearly very personally hurt by Charlie's performance here. Damaged emotionally. It's not your fault.

You attempted to make many points, and you used a lot of words. You’re attempting to stand by one. 

I don’t know Chuckles personally. I don’t give a fuck if good or bad things happen to him, either. In terms of football, though ? Yeah, fuck yeah I hope he gets embarrassed on the reg. And that’s what you cannot help yourself but defend. You committed yourself to him, and by God that is where you are chained. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I can’t speak for anyone else. I don’t hate Charlie. I’m not the sort to bear grudges against individuals. But this is a site where we mock those who stand in the way, or even seek or wish to do so, of Texas. We mock people because they look funny, go to A&M, fumble a ball in a game, or any number of other reasons. Strong has so many and so clear examples in his past of standing in the way of Texas Football success that it would be the greatest of curiosities were there no ongoing conversation in standard surly fashion. Whether through incompetence, cosmically unbelievably (literally) bad luck, or whatever, he failed to fix what was his job to fix. And he broke what it was his job not to break. And he has the temerity to continue to draw a massive unneeded and undeserved paycheck. Bob Knight refused his pay one year when he felt his work wasn’t up to par. Not that I’d expect Charlie to do it. No, he is getting exactly what he signed on for, including here. If it puzzles you, you aren’t thinking clearly enough.

“Reverend”!

Could there be more polar opposites than Patterson/Chuckles and CDC/Herman?

I mean really take a big swig of brew and ponder that. Where we were and where we are now. We had bad idea jeans and too dumb for capital punishment getting the football program buttfucked by borderline erotic Bielema. 

Things are looking up.

ALSO: I'm happy for Shane Buechele.

• Like 2

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

So did Charlie.  He was getting his buddies in the media to shit talk us.  Thankfully him managing to lose to Kansas kind of cut most of that bullshit off at the knees.  

People have always talked shit about Texas. It's a part of being the big dawg. Mack actually told recruits not to come to Texas at the fucking banquet he invited them to. The two are not the same.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thujone said:

The level of vitriol for Charlie is disproportionate to what he did here.

He was the worst UT football coach almost any of us have ever lived through-- I almost forgot ArmyBrat probably started the "FIRE ED PRICE" cave etchings back in the 50s. The vitriol was hard-earned and well-deserved.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

Water under the bridge yak lingering. Enjoy the future/direction of the program. The aimless wandering in the desert has to all appearances been addressed and the light shines once again to illuminate an historically successful program. Should be no room for banal nonsense surrounding the pride of Texas on here at this point in time regarding nonsensical pointless rehash of failures over the last decade. Also, I am drunk at this point on Sunday, and don’t give a fuck

Man, ok.  I thought I was coming in this thread to see a lot of "Haha Chuckles lost to his ex QB and 5-0 SMU" not a rehashing of Charlie's firing.  

I'm happy to see him lose, but it isn't personal.  I liked the guy, but if he is a shit coach I want him to be a shit coach wherever he goes.  I don't want Texas to be the only place he can't win, because then we become the cesspool that Herbstreit hopes we are.  

He sucks, we know it.  Now so does everyone else.

Edited by jinx
Cuz I'm a dumbass

18 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

He was the worst UT football coach almost any of us have ever lived through-- I almost forgot ArmyBrat probably started the "FIRE ED PRICE" cave etchings back in the 50s. The vitriol was hard-earned and well-deserved.

My grandfather played for Ed Price (which is the only reason I know this) but while he had a bad end to his short tenure, he still managed a pair of conference titles, finished in the top 10 twice and won a Cotton Bowl over Tennessee; so in no way was he worse than Strong.

I’m guessing you meant Jack Chevigny, but even he had a better records than Strong.