immamac

2019 Board Improvement Thread

4 hours ago, bamachine said:

The banner is cool I guess but can it be only on the actual sports boards? That way I do not have to scroll past it every time when on the entertainment threads. Just an extra thing to have to scroll past and my time is precious.

tenor.gif

It would be nice to be able to ignore a user directly from a thread comment, if possible.  I didn’t realize how many clicks it took to ignore someone until the lsu trolls started showing up 

I know it's not something that surly makes/maintains, but I've noticed the dark no avatar theme has dogshit performance for some reason. Pages load and scroll wayyyy slower and choppier on my mid/low-end work macbook pro.

Or said user shouldn’t be able to be quoted so those of us who have him on ignore still can actually ignore his pathetic schtick

47 minutes ago, deft said:

Or said user shouldn’t be able to be quoted so those of us who have him on ignore still can actually ignore his pathetic schtick

You know what, I don't even really care about that, as annoying as it is when it happens. It would probably be more trouble than it's worth to them. 

But I'll never understand why anyone thinks it's cute when people make four consecutive posts filled with the same recycled GIFs and JPGs they've posted a hundred times before, why that's tolerated. Just seems like a nuisance.

Then again, it does seem like I annoy the moderators more than Phlegm does.

I got a new computer and cant remember my password. I try the pw recovery and nothing to inbox or spam folder and tried many times. Any ideas?

Yeah, you're going to have to make an email in something other than Yahoo.  Then login and change to the new email in your profile.  Then you should be able to recover your password with no problem.

How do we turn off that giant banner that forces us to scroll down a page every time we change threads?  I don't care that it says 'Texas Fight', it's still annoying.

4 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

How do we turn off that giant banner that forces us to scroll down a page every time we change threads?  I don't care that it says 'Texas Fight', it's still annoying.

Yeah. Really fucking annoying. Every fucking game day.

I like the old school logo for today.

Maybe it's just me, but it conjures up the good old fashioned hate...in a positive way.  LOL.

Didn't see banner talk till now. Will make optional next week. At game with no laptop now. 

Kind of trivial but I have noticed recently when you post a reply, it says something like 'connecting to server' for 5-20 seconds. TT and browser from a pc do it.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Also, @immamac, have you resubmitted surly to imgur to see if they will not classify us as a selling website so we can use the imgur links again? 

I dunno. There is a lot of bullshit sold here.