5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

I don't have a problem with a no knock but the neighbors already said the couple walked their dog every morning.  Why couldn't they wait until they turned the corner after a block and seize them then and they would have no time to flush the evidence.  Instead they chose to do it at 4 in the afternoon.  What was the rush? 

23 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Shoot the cop dog and you will rot under the jail.

In Wise & Montague counties if you shoot their dog, they kill you.

But, if you're a K9 officer and YOU LOSE YOUR DOG they just go buy another one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

I don't have a problem with a no knock but the neighbors already said the couple walked their dog every morning.  Why couldn't they wait until they turned the corner after a block and seize them then and they would have no time to flush the evidence.  Instead they chose to do it at 4 in the afternoon.  What was the rush? 

Do cops question neighbors to learn the normal activities of every suspect?  

If you're gonna do a no knock raid I would suppose part of intelligence gathering is to find out when people come in and out and the best time to conduct such a mission so you can safely apprehend the suspect while minimizing casualties.  2 58 year Olds who walk their dog at 8 AM every morning would be some damn good information to have when you got a surveillance team sitting outside for two weeks. 

13 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Maybe they were just aching for some of that good loving...
https://mashable.com/2016/09/30/do-not-resist-police-warrior-cops/#5iO4RmioIiq0

Later, Grossman talks of cops going home and having "the best sex in months" after a violent encounter. 

20 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

What's Wayne Dolcefino up to these days?  This seems like something right up his alley.

Even though it was reversed on appeal, he got slapped pretty hard in Sylvester Turner's libel case against him and KTRK.  It was terrible reporting.

News Now Houston posted a video that suggests HPD hit the wrong house.  They raided and murdered the occupants of 7815 Harding St.  This guy, based on the description of the home presented by Chief Acevedo, thinks they intended to raid 7815 Hardy St, which actually appears to be a drug den, with fences and high tech/night vision security cameras.  If this is true, holy fucking shit.  I hope the dead have some very litigious surviving family members to seek justice on their behalf.

News Now Houston posted a video that suggests HPD hit the wrong house.  They raided and murdered the occupants of 7815 Harding St.  This guy, based on the description of the home presented by Chief Acevedo, thinks they intended to raid 7815 Hardy St, which actually appears to be a drug den, with fences and high tech/night vision security cameras.  If this is true, holy fucking shit.  I hope the dead have some very litigious surviving family members to seek justice on their behalf.

They still deserved it right? their dog attacked police, they shot at police and had marijuana.

If true....this will fall right into the “holy fucking shit it’s even worse than we thought” bucket.

i was gonna say... the warrant could have been wrong. 

given what happened to our friends, i'll be very interested to see if anything comes of this. 

btw, a post script on out friends story... when they processed him at TDCJ in Huntsville, they said he was the 'cleanest' so-called gang member they'd ever seen. they determined he was so low risk they placed him in a minimum security facility somewhere around austin, where he got his ged, and they can have bodily contact and even lunch with him when they visit. 

so wait. you are telling me that an officer on the raid sent a CI into a house, who bought heroin. let's assume that house the hardy house, which can potentially be a dope den. it's got a high black fence. 

so the warrant is written, mistakes were made, now the harding house is the address. 

so the cop, who was apparently witnessing the CI buying the dope (per the affidavit) at the hardy house...rolls up IN BROAD DAYLIGHT on a completely DIFFERENT house, and is too jacked up for his no-knock raid to not notice THEY ARE AT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HOUSE?

jesus herbert fucking christ fire everyone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so wait. you are telling me that an officer on the raid sent a CI into a house, who bought heroin. let's assume that house the hardy house, which can potentially be a dope den. it's got a high black fence. 

so the warrant is written, mistakes were made, now the harding house is the address. 

so the cop, who was apparently witnessing the CI buying the dope (per the affidavit) at the hardy house...rolls up IN BROAD DAYLIGHT on a completely DIFFERENT house, and is too jacked up for his no-knock raid to not notice THEY ARE AT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HOUSE?

Maybe here's what happened:  Cops get welfare check type call on Harding St.  Send skeezix CI to address, but he hears "Hardy" because he's a strung-out skeezix skel mook.  Buys drugs at Hardy, but they surveil Harding and hit it.

Still jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, but slightly more understandable.  I would think, too, that more than one isolated "buy" or some other corroboration might be necessary or desireable to support a search warrant.

12 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Yeah there's no way that's even possible. Looks like ol' Art has some 'splaining to do. I think his head is going to roll over this one

16 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

That was the initial theory of this News Now Houston reporter dude, but doesn't appear to be the case.  These homes are nowhere near each other and the warrant had the 7815 Harding St address.

imgur

I'm thinking it's more than likely the CI was used to acquire some heroin and give false testimony that he purchased it from the home they raided.  Sounds like a lot of sloppy/lazy/blatantly bad police work was done to write the affidavit that was used to justify the no-knock warrant.  I mean, if they have to rely on overhearing a neighbor walking by the house saying over the phone "The police are at the dope house," as justification for their raid, then you know they're grasping at straws.  There's a reason the primary officer involved in the investigation that lead to this raid has been relieved of duty pending the remainder of the investigation.  Clearly they didn't do their due diligence.

One of the things that article demonstrates is the problem with having ivory tower, Ivy league academics and gubmint lawyers almost exclusively appointed to the Supreme Court.  They just don't have enough experience in the dirty world to do their jobs "accurately."

The amount of pearl clutching that goes on at 1 First Street, NE is pretty alarming.

Also, they use flash bang grenades to confuse, blind, and deafen the targets, yet insist that they announced their presence.  Good God.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

F that. Rage inducing article. I wish I was on that jury. I would have held out until it was hung.  

I've got a jury summons for the 25th.  I don't try to get out of jury duty.  I bitch enough about the legal system that if I weaseled my way out of it, I wouldn't be able to handle my own hypocrisy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One of the things that article demonstrates is the problem with having ivory tower, Ivy league academics and gubmint lawyers almost exclusively appointed to the Supreme Court.  They just don't have enough experience in the dirty world to do their jobs "accurately."

The amount of pearl clutching that goes on at 1 First Street, NE is pretty alarming.

Also, they use flash bang grenades to confuse, blind, and deafen the targets, yet insist that they announced their presence.  Good God.

They also apparently do not understand how game theory works when your house is being raided. Just because someone you cannot see yells police does not mean it is the police. Guess wrong, and you could be dead. Guess right, and you could also be dead — just complete idiocy. 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, Player said:

When no-knocks go bad inside the loop in Houston, nothing happens. It's just another suspect dead, dead, dead...

Straight outta H-town, lazy motherfucker named Art Acevedo...

How in the heck does this guy get the title of Chief in two major US cities?   He's noting but an attention whore, IMO.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If true....this will fall right into the “holy fucking shit it’s even worse than we thought” bucket.

In a right and sane world, indictments would roll against the people in charge including the Chief for what appears to be a bunch of CYA going on.  Won't happen....

https://www.click2houston.com/news/investigates/channel-2-investigates-major-questions-raised-about-raid-turned-shootout-after-warrant-reviewed

In the legal documents obtained by Channel 2 Investigates, a sergeant stated that he along with his partner were unable to track down any confidential informants involved in a drug buy at the home of 58-year-old Rhogena Nicholas and 59-year-old Dennis Tuttle.

Heads need to fucking roll for this bullshit. 

40 minutes ago, Ghost of 3:16 said:

Shit is hitting the fan in houSton. There was never a buy from an Informant. The cop still in the hospital had 2 bags of heroin in his car that HPD didn’t even know about.
HPD is getting warrants to search his and another cops phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This qualifies as "new shit coming to light".  The whole narrative that a 58 year old woman, whose only legal issue in life was a hot check, climbed over the downed hero to grab his gun and engage the other cops is downright ludicrous.

The way Acevedo spoke of his conversation with the brother the deceased Dennis Tuttle a couple days after the raid was very frustrating.  It sounded as though Acevedo were trying to convince the brother to keep an open mind that his brother may actually have been the dangerous drug dealer the police portrayed him as, not just an innocent civilian killed by bad police.  Like his brother was actually fucking Heisenberg, not the Walter White-esque person that he had known his whole life.

I hope there is mass overhaul throughout narcotics and police higher management because of this fucking travesty.  If Art makes it out of this, I'll be highly disenfranchised.