How Fox News works

retread

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

What’s even more egregious was the nepotism and the fact that they were serving in the White House at all with absolutely no qualifications or relevant experience to do so. It’s like if you gave me a job as a surgeon despite the fact that I’ve never been to med school.

I’d probably still get fewer people killed than those incompetent morons did.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Umm, are they getting their information from the 1950's or something?

They are misinterpreting the statement by DC Police Chief. Here is the statement; compare that to the Fox take on his statement. 

“We have taken on a mindset that marijuana is not really a big issue in our city,” Contee said in an afternoon briefing with reporters. “I can tell you that marijuana undoubtedly is connected to violent crimes that we are seeing in our communities.

When you have something where people get high reward — they can make a lot of money by selling illegal marijuana [as opposed to "legalized marijuana"] — and the risk [of arrest] is low, the risk for accountability is very low, that creates a very, very, very bad situation, because those [drug dealers] get robbed. Those individuals get shot at. Those individuals get involved in disputes all across our city.

“I’m seeing it happen more and more all across our city in all different wards,” he added.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/dc-police-chief-says-marijuana-e2-80-98undoubtedly-e2-80-99-linked-to-city-e2-80-99s-violent-crime-spree/ar-AAMuZ2z

TLDR: fox is making a bad faith argument. 

Edited by washparkhorn
added source
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well there was only 2 choices, either they were misinformed or they were making a bad faith argument.  That's the only 2 flavors they have over there.

When they work in tandem, we get Fox News. 

Edited by washparkhorn
word choice

34 minutes ago, SKJ said:

Holy shit. 

I'm at my in-laws and they're watching fox news.

The lies aren't even believable

That’s what I don’t get. It’s like children making stuff up. 

12 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Tell them that the olympics are on. 

So they can root for the ROC?

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

38%?? That can't be right  

I'm surprised it's that low.  A lot of the ads in the evening are shit ads.

And Tucker has driven away a lot of advertisers from his show.

It'll be interesting to see how the Murdochs feel about this.  On the one hand, MyPillow is not bailing because of what Tucker said, but because of what Fox News wouldn't do.  By the same token, the Murdochs aren't running a charity and Tucker has better bring back some sponsors.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm surprised it's that low.  A lot of the ads in the evening are shit ads.

And Tucker has driven away a lot of advertisers from his show.

It'll be interesting to see how the Murdochs feel about this.  On the one hand, MyPillow is not bailing because of what Tucker said, but because of what Fox News wouldn't do.  By the same token, the Murdochs aren't running a charity and Tucker has better bring back some sponsors.

American nazi party ?

United Douchebags of the World ?

Horrible Humans INC ?

Here come the judge?

https://deadline.com/2021/08/fox-news-andrew-napolitano-larry-kudlow-1234807850/

Fox News Media said it has parted ways with legal analyst Andrew Napolitano, following an associate producer’s claim of sexual harassment.

(snip)

In the lawsuit, Fawcett, 27, claimed that when he started working at Fox Business in 2019 as an entry-level production assistant working for Lou Dobbs’ show, he encountered Napolitano on an elevator at the Fox News headquarters. He alleged that Napolitano made sexually suggestive comments and stroked his arm.

After getting off the elevator, according to Fawcett’s lawsuit, he told colleagues about the encounter and “they immediately started laughing. “It was common knowledge that Judge Napolitano sexually harassed young men at Fox News, and it even happened to one of the plaintiff’s co-workers,” the lawsuit claimed. Fawcett did not initially report the incident to human resources because he did not want to jeopardize his career at the network, but he did tell Dobbs. According to the lawsuit, Dobbs relayed the complaint to Kevin Lord, the executive vice president and chief human resources officer at Fox Corp. Fawcett claimed that Lord then met with him and asked about the incident but was dismissive of it.

So I actually do have a pretty deep working and academic knowledge of the region and can say that the recent friendship between the American right and Orban is one of the more embarrassing episodes in conservative thought. 

Orban isn’t a fascist, “kleptocracy” is the closest accurate term but even that doesn’t quite capture the scope of his greasy apparatchik lite corruption haven. He just needed some ideology and crytpofascism is the most reliable way to consistently keep the dumbest and most beaten down in your corner.

Getting suckered by Viktor Orban is so much dumber than Duranty getting played by Stalin. Which was really damn bad. It’s like actually believing that your local capo is just running an Italian American benevolence association. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Here come the judge?

https://deadline.com/2021/08/fox-news-andrew-napolitano-larry-kudlow-1234807850/

Fox News Media said it has parted ways with legal analyst Andrew Napolitano, following an associate producer’s claim of sexual harassment.

(snip)

In the lawsuit, Fawcett, 27, claimed that when he started working at Fox Business in 2019 as an entry-level production assistant working for Lou Dobbs’ show, he encountered Napolitano on an elevator at the Fox News headquarters. He alleged that Napolitano made sexually suggestive comments and stroked his arm.

After getting off the elevator, according to Fawcett’s lawsuit, he told colleagues about the encounter and “they immediately started laughing. “It was common knowledge that Judge Napolitano sexually harassed young men at Fox News, and it even happened to one of the plaintiff’s co-workers,” the lawsuit claimed. Fawcett did not initially report the incident to human resources because he did not want to jeopardize his career at the network, but he did tell Dobbs. According to the lawsuit, Dobbs relayed the complaint to Kevin Lord, the executive vice president and chief human resources officer at Fox Corp. Fawcett claimed that Lord then met with him and asked about the incident but was dismissive of it.

This reads like a hit job of a guy who wouldn't go along with the Big Lie..... Please let this get juicy.

Johnny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doing it again
You better duck down the alley way
Lookin' for a new friend
A man in the coonskin cap, in the pig pen
Wants eleven dollar bills, you only got ten

• Like 1

Trump-boosting Fox News anchor Maria Bartiromo chastised Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-ND) on Sunday over his support of the broadly popular bipartisan infrastructure bill that is on the verge of passage, asking him point-blank if he’s “betraying the Republican base” while complaining that the spending package doesn’t include money for a border wall.

With the long slog to passing the trillion-dollar bill finally nearing the finish line—and GOP negotiators saying that up to 18 Republican senators have indicated they support the package—Cramer appeared on Fox News’ Sunday Morning Futures to explain why he was going to vote for one of President Joe Biden’s top priorities.

Bartiromo, however, was absolutely incensed that Cramer—a longtime ally of former President Donald Trump—was on board with the legislation. And she didn’t waste any time letting him know that.

After quoting conservative columnist Kimberly Strassel’s criticism that the bill is nothing more than “step one of President Biden’s Green New Deal,” the Fox host turned to Cramer and asked: “Senator, why are you in favor of this bill, are you betraying the Republican base?”

Laughing off her pointed question, Cramer defended his support of the bill by noting that the package directs a lot of spending towards “hard” infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, and railroads. On top of that, the North Dakota lawmaker pointed out that this was the result of a compromise between Democrats and Republicans.

Cramer added that Strassel’s analysis of the bill was inaccurate, prompting Bartiromo to fire back that he was “wrong” before blasting the bill for spending money on electric vehicles and cybersecurity, claiming that the bill had a “lot of beginnings to the Green New Deal.” Furthermore, she grumbled that the infrastructure package didn’t address border security and immigration.

“First of all, cybersecurity is not exclusive to the Green New Deal,” Cramer retorted. “We all experienced problems with lack of resiliency to energy infrastructure. The Colonial Pipeline cyber-attack was a pretty good example of that.”

The ultra-conservative lawmaker went on to say that there were obviously things in the bill that Democrats like and he doesn’t. At the same time, he explained that if he were “a king” he wouldn’t support some of the provisions of the package, but “fortunately our founders gave us something other than a king.”

“You’re not a king, none of the Republicans are king, but certainly seems like the Democrats act like kings,” Bartiromo groused.

The conversation would continue to circle back to Bartiromo’s complaints that the bill didn’t include border funding, resulting in Cramer eventually stating that the Republicans obviously aren’t going to get Democrats to agree to build a wall.

“Why not?! Why not work for the American people,” an incredulous Bartiromo shot back.

Eventually, Bartiromo brought up Trump’s recent efforts to kill the infrastructure bill with statements and threats of primary challenges, something that has been met with “mostly yawns” from GOP lawmakers.

Reading off Trump’s latest tweet-like remarks in which he said the infrastructure bill will be used against the GOP in 2022 and 2024 and he can’t see himself endorsing any Republican who supported it, the Fox host asked Cramer to react to the disgraced ex-president’s threat.

“He didn’t give one reason why it’s a bad deal other than it’s Joe Biden’s,” Cramer responded. “I understand his frustration and he obviously has influence and has a legitimate opinion. But the fact of the matter is the American public, including the vast majority of Republicans, are very supportive of this.”

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Eventually, Bartiromo brought up Trump’s recent efforts to kill the infrastructure bill with statements and threats of primary challenges, something that has been met with “mostly yawns” from GOP lawmakers.

Reading off Trump’s latest tweet-like remarks in which he said the infrastructure bill will be used against the GOP in 2022 and 2024 and he can’t see himself endorsing any Republican who supported it, the Fox host asked Cramer to react to the disgraced ex-president’s threat.

“He didn’t give one reason why it’s a bad deal other than it’s Joe Biden’s,” Cramer responded. “I understand his frustration and he obviously has influence and has a legitimate opinion. But the fact of the matter is the American public, including the vast majority of Republicans, are very supportive of this.”

my fucking kingdom for this to be the R senate's attitude going forward.

• Hook 'Em 1

Seeing that tweet with Gutfield got me riled up because that fucker is spending a shit ton on advertising but he only made one commercial. His commercial is a sizzle reel which is maybe the worst attempt at comedy I’ve ever seen, and I saw the Pat Sajak and Magic Johnson talk shows. 

I do not understand how that guy has a tv show while a bunch of you funny motherfuckers are making us laugh over here for free. 

24 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Seeing that tweet with Gutfield got me riled up because that fucker is spending a shit ton on advertising but he only made one commercial. His commercial is a sizzle reel which is maybe the worst attempt at comedy I’ve ever seen, and I saw the Pat Sajak and Magic Johnson talk shows. 

I do not understand how that guy has a tv show while a bunch of you funny motherfuckers are making us laugh over here for free. 

For the same reason Fitlump is pulling down $75,000 a year from Austin taxpayers and gets a paid staff while none of us are on the CC.

We are lazy.