Celery Man

Is HEB open today?

Easter is the bigger holy day from a faith perspective.

I tell my non-Christian friends Christmas is like a promise and Easter is the promise delivered.

16 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Easter is the bigger holy day from a faith perspective.

I tell my non-Christian friends Christmas is like a promise and Easter is the promise delivered.

I'll pass over that.

Maybe you have the memory aids?

I figured it's because the Butt family has a strong Christian background.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Xian said:

I don’t remember it being closed in Easter’s past 

It has always been closed on Easter and X-mas plus an early close on Thanksgiving.

6 hours ago, Xian said:

I don’t remember it being closed in Easter’s past 

It's closed because of April Fool's.  I hope you and your loved ones enjoy a holy, happy, blessed April Fool's Day.

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Maybe you have the memory aids?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Right, It also factors into the help they sent after the Hurricane and other disasters.  I worked in a house in La Grange where the son was sent home from Austin to work in his mother's house and his salary was paid for 2 weeks he was there.  They were originally sending him to Houston to help in general and he mentioned that his mother's house was under 8 feet of water and they said go help her instead and we'll pay your salary.

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

While it's true that they have a strong Christian background, their being closed has more to do with the fact that their primary customer base and the majority of their employees also have a strong Christian background. And I give them kudos for being sensitive to that.  I have Muslim, Hindu and Atheist friends who work in that organization, and none of them complain about having Easter off.

word on the street is that the Mueller HEB is closed for the rest of the day for some sort of mx issue.  status - not open

I remember very clearly the day of Howard E. Butz's (spelling?) funeral.  In honor of the founder they closed......................for about 1 hour.  [insert jewish joke comments here]

Edited by beer

22 hours ago, beer said:

I remember very clearly the day of Howard E. Butz's (spelling?) funeral

Butt (Butt's in your case).

No relation to Bertha Butt (#jimmycastorshoutout)

Edited by phdhorn

Just picked up beef ribs. They were open. But tomorrow.....tomorrow never knows.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:23 AM, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

It has always been closed on Easter and X-mas plus an early close on Thanksgiving.

And an early close on Christmas Eve.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:57 PM, Capt said:

What is the over under on HEB being open on Fireworks day?

Easter and Christmas are the only days they close.  Thanksgiving has an early close at either 4 or 6 PM. There are no other variations in HEB hours.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Better get your buns and shit tomorrow. Not because they’ll be closed on Wednesday (they’ll be open), but those shits will be sold out.

i wonder how long before they tell everyone to curbside it.  waive the fees, we bring it out to you instead of exposing all of our staff and the hundred+ other customers, etc. 

Drove by the Bunker Hill HEB today and they had a bunch of people out directing traffic in the parking lot. No chance I was going to venture there today. I went to the Asian grocery store, much calmer.