Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

mdmost

I’ve been making my way through Clone Wars. My one rule is that I only let myself watch it when I am on the treadmill.  I am a lazy SOB, so I have been making slow progress.  I just hit the mid-point of season three and it just got a lot easier to watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time.  This is damn good stuff.  Kicking myself for ignoring it before due to the animated format.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I’ve been making my way through Clone Wars. My one rule is that I only let myself watch it when I am on the treadmill.  I am a lazy SOB, so I have been making slow progress.  I just hit the mid-point of season three and it just got a lot easier to watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time.  This is damn good stuff.  Kicking myself for ignoring it before due to the animated format.  

Yeah, really shouldn't have ignored it before, but animated, etc.  Watching with my son.  He's really enjoying it, and I am enjoying it more as we go along.

39 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

When the show really hits it’s stride (which may be about now) try not to kill yourself ramping the miles up too quickly :)  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I broke down and subscribed to Disney +, ESPN+, and Hulu without ads for $18.99. They make it impossibly hard to subscribe to it. I would suggest waiting until your $12.99 bundle expires, cancel it, and then subscribe to the $18.99 bundle with a new email. 

You can get ESPN w/o having to get Hulu live?  Damnit. Well that’s good to know for next year. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Give me a M'Baku series!

They could hop around in eras for Wakandavision - moving forward with M'Baku, moving backwards with a young T’Chaka, even do an anthology through the years - first discovery of Vibranium, stuff in the 19th Century, how they got to be where they are at in the present, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Falcon and winter soldier should get us through March and April. 

Wandavision -> Falcon & Winter Soldier -> Bad Batch -> Loki

That's how you do it.  Don't even give us a break, just keep throwing these things at me, Disney. 

Especially if they follow Loki with What If...?

• Hook 'Em 1

Uncle Jessie runs a hoops program at an elite private school where some of the girls aren't really good enough to be on the team?

Somebody call Lori Loughlin's agent.  I smell cross-over episode! 

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

The Bad Batch post-Clone Wars cartoon starts streaming on May the 4th. 

Loki starts streaming on June 11th.

Nice!

3 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Falcon and winter soldier should get us through March and April. 

That's great to hear too.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Wandavision -> Falcon & Winter Soldier -> Bad Batch -> Loki

That's how you do it.  Don't even give us a break, just keep throwing these things at me, Disney. 

Especially if they follow Loki with What If...?

Fucking perfect.  Mandalorian was before that too. They know what they're doing.

Last I read, we were also supposed to get the Hawkeye and Ms Marvel tv series this year as well. 

Edit - interestingly, and probably not surprising, Pugh who plays Yelena in Black Widow (and likely is the new BW) is listed as being in 8 episodes of Hawkeye by IMDB. 

Edited by UT_OB1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Watched Flight of the Navigator followed by Willow last night. Both hold up. Forgot Sarah Jessica Parker was in flight of the navigator. 

Watched home alone 1 and 2 with the 6 and 9 year old in addition to those two around Christmas. They enjoyed them very much as well. The also like the Rocketeer, which was much more violent for a pg movie than I remember. 

35 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Watched home alone 1 and 2 with the 6 and 9 year old in addition to those two around Christmas. They enjoyed them very much as well. The also like the Rocketeer, which was much more violent for a pg movie than I remember. 

The Rocketeer is a great fucking movie. I think what hurt it at the theater was Disney promoting it as “Disney’s The Rocketeer”. No one thought it would be anything other than a light hearted movie given Disney’s reputation back in ‘91. 

It’s a great flick with a beautiful Jennifer Connolly and a great villain in Timothy Dalton. James Horner’s music is amazing too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Disney has a Rocketeer cartoon your kids might like - the jetpack/suit/stuff was passed down through the family to the youngest child or something, and it's all futuristic and stuff.  My youngest likes it.

• Hook 'Em 1

For all the 80s kids where our wheelhouse was the time of Return of the Jedi ( I was 7), any extra Star Wars content was an instant watch. I even remember watching the Making of ROTJ on VHS because I was so infatuated with Star Wars at the time. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Don't think I saw anyone talk about their decision to release Black Widow via D+ on July 13th.  Glad it is finally seeing the light of day.

Simultaneous release with that Disney Double Plus $30 fee to rent it. 

6 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Must have gotten decent enough response to the Raya movie to think they'll recoup enough on it.

Thing is, parents will drop $30 on something like Raya if their kids are going to watch it a bunch of times before it hits normal D+.   But who wants to drop $30 on BW, when they’ll watch it once or twice?

I would pay 30 for BW if I would normally be taking the whole family to the theater. Once you have multiple tickets involved the 30 at home is much more appealing.

My kids aren't old enough for that stuff yet. So I'll wait until it's on normal Disney+

I like the Premier Plus for movies I don't want to spend over $30 to take my kids to like Mulan, Raya, or Cruella. For a movie that would benefit from a viewing experience in a theater like Black Widow, I'd prefer to spend the extra with all that entails, especially an experience like at the Alamo Drafthouse Plus, I'm sick of being at home. I'm more thankful for HBO Max so I didn't have to waste $50+ on Wonder Woman 84 or a dumb Godzilla vs. Kong movie.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 2

Yeah it's super convenient for families.
I might see if I can get some friends to split it to make it worthwhile.  Otherwise, for me, it would be 3x the cost to just go to the theater. 
Wow, theaters are cheap where you live. It's 20 for a ticket at the theater nearest me. The AMC Lincoln Center (Non-Imax, but Dolby) is 26. 30 is a steal cause I can make my own popcorn and drink my own coke.

I like the Premier Plus for movies I don't want to spend over $30 to take my kids to like Mulan, Raya, or Cruella. For a movie that would benefit from a viewing experience in a theater like Black Widow, I'd prefer to spend the extra with all that entails, especially an experience like at the Alamo Drafthouse Plus, I'm sick of being at home. I'm more thankful for HBO Max so I didn't have to waste $50+ on Wonder Woman 84 or a dumb Godzilla vs. Kong movie.
I'm totally going to watch Godzilla Vs. Kong. But I'm glad it'll be free.

That way I can spend more on fare like Top Gun 2.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

Don't think I saw anyone talk about their decision to release Black Widow via D+ on July 13th.  Glad it is finally seeing the light of day.

They had to release it now that they have the Marvel Disney+ shows going.  Since these shows are directly integrated in the MCU they couldn’t wait any longer.

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Thing is, parents will drop $30 on something like Raya if their kids are going to watch it a bunch of times before it hits normal D+.   But who wants to drop $30 on BW, when they’ll watch it once or twice?

Alamo draft house for the me and the wife is $12.50 a pop and just sodas bumps it to $30 easy before tip.  Add in the cost of food and the baby sitter, I’m saving a shitload of money and I can pause/rewind and rewatch, the only downside is the lower quality viewing.