Disney+ (Disney's new streaming service)

mdmost

5 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Right Kotor shouldn’t be a movie unless it is its own trilogy. So much lore created that one movie doesn’t seem right. Now a 2 season 10 episode 4 arc adventure?!? Yes please

Would be great as a pseudo-pilot for a Disney+ series, and The Mouse is definitely in the territory of splurging out a shit ton of cash on series.  They rapidly reached the point where a shitload of people are just going to automatically renew not on a monthly basis, but on a yearly basis, without any thought about it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We should see more about these on Friday but Bob Chapek on the earnings call said Ms Marvel, the Star Wars Andor series, and a live action Pinocchio with Tom Hanks will be on Disney+ next summer. Disney+ now has 118.1 million subscribers. 

Even if everybody subscribing is paying by the year, that's still around $500 million a month.  That's a helluva lot of content.

On 11/8/2021 at 2:19 PM, mdmost said:

Disney+ Day is Friday. I expected we'll see lots of new Marvel and Star Wars series announced or previewed. I bet we'll get an Obi Wan teaser. 

All we got was a behind the scenes look with some concept art. That was disappointing. 

1 hour ago, LonghornSean said:

Also a guy a follow on twitter (from Tested.com, streams games, etc.) named Will Smith has the @willsmith handle on Twitter. Some Disney social media person really messed that up.

Welcome to Earf 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Less snarky, more funny, but it wasn't funny.

FWIW, I don't think Jenkins' movie is canceled, she really wants to make it (her dad was a fighter pilot and died when she was young and she's talked a lot about wanting to make such movies), but she's just an amazingly hot property in Hollywood right now, for better of for worse.

And I wish the KOTOR was going to be a series, and not a movie.  

If Rogue Squadron is such an important project for Jenkins, why doesn’t she clear her schedule and direct it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If Rogue Squadron is such an important project for Jenkins, why doesn’t she clear her schedule and direct it? 

It's not going to win her any awards?

If LucasFilm made it a priority, she'd be doing it.  They've got a lot going on right now, so probably didn't care.  Plus it's not tied into the other movies/shows.

53 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's not going to win her any awards?

If LucasFilm made it a priority, she'd be doing it.  They've got a lot going on right now, so probably didn't care.  Plus it's not tied into the other movies/shows.

Do you think Jenkins is one more bad Wonder Woman film away from going the way of the dodo? 

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Looking through everything Disney released information on today, they are doing a damn fine job of making sure that people are subscribing throughout the year, rather than for a few months at a time (something people were doing early on).

Was thinking this, too. The Mouse knows how to keep its hand in our pockets. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well that was fun. After a 45 minute delay, they come over the PA and said that due to breakthrough cases among the cast, the show is cancelled. Yay! This is the 3rd time I've had tix and have to see it. Had tix for May 2020 and that got pandemic'd, then we had tix and it was game 5 of the Dodgers/Giants so we sold them at a little bit of a loss, then today. Ah forget it.

On 11/27/2021 at 7:52 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Encanto is solid.  Only in theaters, but when it hits Disney+, a lot of your kids will watch the shit out of it.

On 11/27/2021 at 9:04 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I ain’t got no kids Lt. Dan, but will probably watch it anyway 

I loved it. Solid is right. Surface Pressure was so good

Edited by Js1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 2:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I have discovered that when your kids watch the movie 1-2 times a day, you will catch them eventually.

My kid literally watched the movie back to back. As in, credits rolled and then just restarted it immediately. That’s a first. For my part I thought the music was fantastic.