JimmyJames

Yogurt shop murders

48 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Let me spare you the suspense. Forrest and his dipshit crew of misfits didn’t do it. The partial DNA evidence they did get eventually proved that.  It should have been obvious without that long ago.

Apparently the FBI has evidence regarding the known partial DNA samples that may eventually help solve the crime, which they inexplicably refuse to share with Travis County prosecutors for “privacy” reasons and because they claim it “probably” won’t help. This begs the question as to how they know it “probably” wont help. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. Maybe we should test that out chief. 

This case has stunk from the beginning and the smell of it gets worse every single day.

I am somewhat slightly personally torn because for the families sake and for justice sake I want it solved, but am also afraid what it may ultimately lead to and the damage it may do to my own town’s reputation for not having solved it much earlier and for what really might have happened. But ultimately I say fuck that and the latter is immaterial, solve it and let the chips fall where they may. 

Thanks but you're not sparing me any suspense.

On 6/7/2019 at 1:53 PM, ztejas said:

Narrator: Everyone was not alright. 

Fucking A, I about fell out of my chair laughing at this

I was a senior on the 40 in December 1991. Don't really remember many details, but the story rings a bell.  I did just finish the book, "I'll Be Gone In the Dark" about the Golden State Killer.  They caught that fucker after all those years using DNA, they need to get off their asses and solve this one. 

22 hours ago, Bevo said:

I spoke with someone recently who is extremely knowledgeable about crime scenes and crime labs. One of the issues with this case as I understand it is that the first information received by authorities was that there was a fire. Firemen entered the burning building and unwittingly destroyed a lot of evidence in the process. So not only did the fire itself ruin a lot of evidence, the control of the fire also caused problems for investigators.

The closed and highly managed crime scenes you see on TV now are from lessons learned from OJ/Nicole Brown.  I know someone who was with the FBI that worked on the OJ crime scene and the amount of evidence thrown out due to crime scene mismanagement is mind boggling.

In addition to the fire dept watering everything down the local news trampled all over the yogurt shop crime scene. Rumor is some camera guys have PTSD from that scene as they were the ones that found the bodies.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

The camera guys, allegedly, found the bodies because the fire was long enough after closing time no one stopped to consider it might be a crime scene. The camera guys thought they were just shooting the aftermath of a store fire.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

On 6/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, atomheartbevo said:

This turned out to be a prescient post. Given the FBI has had relevant info on this since at least 2013, if not much earlier, yet is keeping it to themselves..

I have never heard of the FBI withholding evidence from another law enforcement investigation for privacy reasons. Ever. Especially in a murder investigation. Especially in an incredibly heinous murder investigation, even if old, of four girls aged 17, 17, 15 and 13 years old.

This case continues to set the mark. Not only is this a crime that “never happens here,”this is a crime that never happens anywhere. 

Yet that’s what’s happening here. 

Edited by JimmyJames