impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

It doesn’t matter if the whistleblower is all the things these idiots are saying he is.

Everything he blew the whistle about has been corroborated multiple times by multiple people.

If I see a bitch I hate run over someone and I call 911 and report her and the cops investigate the accident and then find the victim’s DNA on her bumper and traffic cams showing her running them over, that’s that.

I could have been wearing a “I Hate Karen” T-shirt and singing “I took that bitch Karen down!” and she’s still going to jail.

My motivation doesn’t make a shit’s bit of difference if she’s guilty.

• Like 2

Fruit of the poisonous tree.

When you are exercising extraordinary authority to remove the elected President, due process is required for the voters when overturning their votes in this democratic nation. 

Impeachment - by its nature - is anti-democratic. Doing it via an opposition party star chamber is corrupt. 

At this point we have an election - an exciting one - where Democrats can put forward a candidate who places citizens before corporate/billionaire donors. Much more productive to present an optimistic future rather than wrestling it up with the pigs or putting forward another neoliberal Democratic candidate. This is not difficult. But then, the brains of Dem, Inc. are lost and staring at their navals in a catatonic trance.  Snap out of it. Stop sleepwalking through opportunities. 

• Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Hot take. 

i don't know what his affiliation is, nor do i care, but "well if you have such good candidates, then why don't you wait for the election" is probably top 2-3 on the chalkboard right now for the gop talking points.  i don't see anyone anywhere even attempting to attack the actual substance.  or even the process anymore.

but tomorrow is another day.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't see anyone anywhere even attempting to attack the actual substance.  or even the process anymore.

but tomorrow is another day.

I just attacked the process. Impeachment is an extraordinary remedy. Franklin compared it to assassination of a leader. This nation was founded on the idea that voters decide. They decided. Taking away the voters' decision on the Presidency in a partisan and opaque star chamber is foolish. 

Meanwhile, we have an election where Democrats have the opportunity to choose a candidate who will change the direction of this embattled nation. I suggest the energy is best spent on picking the best candidate - for the people of the United States.

• Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I just attacked the process. Impeachment is an extraordinary remedy. Franklin compared it to assassination of a leader. This nation was founded on the idea that voters decide. They decided. Taking away the voters' decision on the Presidency in a partisan and opaque star chamber is foolish. 

Meanwhile, we have an election where Democrats have the opportunity to choose a candidate who will change the direction of this embattled nation. I suggest the energy is best spent on picking the best candidate - for the people of the United States.

and america will still get its chance in a year. but i’ve seen the mess donald trump can make in (almost) 3 years. i’d rather not see what he can do in another 15 months with no accountability.

franklin didn’t anticipate us voting in a mob boss. try harder. 

• Like 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

and by “anyone anywhere” i meant, you know, elected officials.  not a guy on a texas message board. 

Got it. My bad. Apologies. 

Franklin - a product of the Enlightenment - thought a lot about impeachment. He is the reason we have the ability (through our elected officials) to impeach an elected President. His words on impeachment are worthy of review by those who care. Who knows - one might find some justification of this impeachment exercise - whatever it is called at this moment. 

• Fuck You 3

6 months ago i was against it. figured it was futile and would be spun as vindication. still likely will be, but enough is enough. 

he’ll get impeached, the senate won’t vote him out, but they’ll go on the record.  it’ll further fuck him in 2020, and people will hopefully remember. 

otherwise he’s fucking rollo tomasi. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why is the idea of impeaching Donald Trump so much more ridiculous than the idea of impeaching Bill Clinton?

Impeaching Bill Clinton was a horrible mistake. That was a mighty fracture point for many relationships. Good ideas were lost to the fight. The fight became the circus. And while we looked away, they changed the game.

This feels like they are penning in some very good people and minds (around here) to a sideshow. 

While the real future leaders look out at this thing we call a nation they see an electorate watching reality tv. Seriously. "Who is going to lead us" is a much better idea to ponder. And try to loss old labels. Party Affiliation is tired, ohhh soooo tiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrreeeeeeeddd.

Think of new allegiances - since they dominate this society.

And one last thing (from Zoomers) - "we need more certainty and less argument"

As they (Zoomers) would put it: "stop being a boomer" 

And if this is your thing - I certainly understand your need to be "woke" for this one. But Woke is rigid. And woke is a demanding bastard. . . . And I am like . . . ummm 50 layers deep in all woke disciplines, bay-bee*

For boomers only - *The b word (baby) ridicules the sound of infants in distress. It's not cool to say anymore. Bay-Bee reformats that image to a bee flying above a bay. It might work?

Woke is a fascinating and informative lens into the world. Its credible. Good people with good souls. We need need to keep expanding viewpoints. Our brains are beautiful creations. 

If I may, since I feel kinship with woke people, we *if I may?* we really need to be discussing the future. The best road to make the best progress in the shortest amount of time. No thinktanks. No collaborations. You, as a human like no other human. Just your single soul looking at the future and imagining what it would look like. We have machines ready to deliver.

Trump is Trump. 

The election is about the future. Imagine it from the individual perspective first. What do you cherish? Is anyone talking about? Do you have your facts straight. This is especially for the denizens of Facebook. You are being fed. Open your eyes. Give a more secure and open browser a shot. The wall of adverts is deep to get to content. 

Expect your choice to be basted. The Democrats have an interesting slate of candidates. I am, like last time, still a Sanders Son. "And if your candidate is Buttegeig, please read his bio and look up where he got his start. There are very good people in consulting. We don't need a consultant for President. The whole Nascar-stickered Campaign Bus will not play well in this electorate. He may have done great things there. We understand and appreciate your value to society. Maybe something in the Cabinet. Don't say VP. People who have faced the ax because of the consultant class hates consultants. And spelling his name is just . . . hard. And I am not going to fetishize him by calling him Mayor. cringe "

So, wasn't that fun.

Trump impeachment watch is going to be sad. You don't want to be lost with what happens in the future. You will descend into the single silo of (not watching election news boomer). That is worse than hell itself. 

Look up at the macro now and then. The zeitgeist unstable and in conflict. You need to "look-up" at the conflict and instability in real time. We are moving to instantaneous judgments and electing the best leaders for that future is important.  Instant decisionmaking (that is one word, spit - ignore your spelling AI) is a human impossibility.  We are quickly moving to instant decisionmaking by machine. Imagine your current algorythm because of your limited choice narrowed down to one path. It is inevitable the government jobs will be automated soon. That has a human and civil rights disaster written all over it. And when the populace finds how hemmed in by faceless IT department goons, shit will fly. Literally. And the smell of shit is nauseating as fuck - so guess what else it smell like? Yep - vomit and shit - in the air headed towards you. Fuuuuuckstiks.  

Sorry. I think all of you would agree that free thinking should not be corralled. It's counterproductive to freedom. That is anti-intellectual and none of us would subscribe to it. We all know Anti-intellectual leftists are the most murderous leaders this world has known. Utter lack of concern for the common man. Just used the common man as fodder for their cannons. That is not our leftists. They are the progressive left. They are few in number; they are peace loving; they seek to repair the safety net. Clintonian Democrats can join in. Their heroes FDR and JFK are our heroes. Neoliberalism had the best of intentions. And it lifted a lot of new people (some of them too high).

That's fixable. Opening the political discussion up to designing the future, the lessons of the past are important. Neoliberalism has lost hold. We have FDR/Eisenhower/JFK on one side and "Survivor" on the other. Both have legitimate claims to the Office. We are headed into the 4th quarter and some of you haven't bothered to look up from your iPhones. Once the frontrunner (Biden) is dethroned, he will be left to fight for his honor as Trump laughs. He wants Elizabeth Warren. He really wants Hillary Clinton. He will say Crazy Bernie (and every mouth breather will trumpet). The establishment candidates (everyone else, except Gabbard) have no shot. Elizabeth draws well with the Establishment. Gabbard did her job calling Sec. Clinton's out so she would make a decision. Money gets gummed up to Biden when the Establishment starts courting other candidates. Sanders can see the public wants him to make blunt assessments and speak to a future. 

We need you in this future. Learn about these candidates. Democrats close the corral once the front runner is firmly established. So the early bird gets the worms. Do Trump reading later in the day. There are expensive sunk costs in Trump news. They can afford to lose some of you to the future. 

Thank you. I needed an opening.  And I hope I answered your question. We corrected that error with our laws. Thank goodness.. 

And I believe all of the rest of that shit too. Don't be a boomer.

and the young ones think you all need to calm down  Zoomers say the darnedest things. 

Edited by washparkhorn
My spelling/gramar ai sweetheart really sucks well.
  • Fuck You 6

10 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Yeah Hastings. I knew him back when I practiced in Miami.

I don't want to derail the impeachment thread from the really deep thoughts going on, but I bet you've got stories. My only knowledge is tangential and is related to the Roger Wheeler story. Relatives lived close to where his murder occurred and so followed the story over the years. The web of humanity is so tangled and so fragile.

Okay, back to impeachment....

30 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Yea libtards....   impeachment is completely unconstitutional and against the founding father’s wishes which is why they put it in the constitution!  

Dude's gotta be a bot.  Talks all about how impeachment is "undemocratic" because it doesn't reflect the will of the "voters" yet is fine with a President* who lost the popular vote by 3 million people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The President openly subordinates the national interest to his personal political and financial interests every single day. If that doesn’t warrant impeachment, nothing does.

Nothing to see here, nothing at all....in other words, "he gave up his salary as President! He's looooosing money!" This man loses money because he is a moron, but it's not for lack of criminal activity.

45 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Dude's gotta be a bot.  Talks all about how impeachment is "undemocratic" because it doesn't reflect the will of the "voters" yet is fine with a President* who lost the popular vote by 3 million people.

And won the electoral vote amidst questionable meddling by foreign governments, which he condoned if not flat out solicited.  But yeah, let's let all the criminality slide, because Ben Franklin and oh, Lincoln was a republican too!  Bet you didn't know that!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

When you are exercising extraordinary authority to remove the elected President, due process is required for the voters when overturning their votes in this democratic nation. 

Impeachment - by its nature - is anti-democratic. Doing it via an opposition party star chamber is corrupt. 

At this point we have an election - an exciting one - where Democrats can put forward a candidate who places citizens before corporate/billionaire donors. Much more productive to present an optimistic future rather than wrestling it up with the pigs or putting forward another neoliberal Democratic candidate. This is not difficult. But then, the brains of Dem, Inc. are lost and staring at their navals in a catatonic trance.  Snap out of it. Stop sleepwalking through opportunities. 

Just about everything you said in this post is wrong.  And either you knew that, so you're a troll.  Or you didn't, so you're a moron.  Which one is it?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Just about everything you said in this post is wrong.  And either you knew that, so you're a troll.  Or you didn't, so you're a moron.  Which one is it?

I'm glad you posted, because I was having difficulty discerning the person's point. It was Squidward/Mr. Krab-on-marijuana level rambling.

For a guy who worked in showbusiness for so many years, he should understand what the word "Script" means.  I guess the "trans" part in front of it scares him.  Because of that one "Script" he read in Thailand with the "woman" who swore it "she" was not "acting"

8 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... these people are idiots.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

6 months ago i was against it. figured it was futile and would be spun as vindication. still likely will be, but enough is enough. 

he’ll get impeached, the senate won’t vote him out, but they’ll go on the record.  it’ll further fuck him in 2020, and people will hopefully remember. 

otherwise he’s fucking rollo tomasi. 

I love that they're running attack ads against Republican candidates in Virginia as Trump supporters backed by the NRA.  This gives me so much joy.

52 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

And won the electoral vote amidst questionable meddling by foreign governments, which he condoned if not flat out solicited.  But yeah, let's let all the criminality slide, because Ben Franklin and oh, Lincoln was a republican too!  Bet you didn't know that!  

Yep, they all flew the stars and bars.  Makes perfect sense. 

7 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

And Hamilton said that the people, represented by the House, decide to impeach. Remember November 2018? Of course you do. The people spoke and they fucking hate trump and his criminal administration. Representative democracy in action. 

Edited by SubliminalHorn
  • Like 7