Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

54 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh for fuck’s sake pull yourself together. Pull yourself up by your pussy flaps, slap your face a couple times and yell into the mirror some Jack Handy/Tony Robbins bullshit.  A chunk of the guys who will be stacking that depth chart will be drafted by the time dude is a RS freshman. That’s 2 of your 3, with the last one possibly also gone after this season as well. 

• Like 1

. People better buckle up the next few days because I guarantee there are going to be a shitload of rumors involving Bijan. 

What kind of rumors do you anticipate? Something like him being a lock for a while, and then a week before he’s scheduled to commit he abruptly changes his mind without any explanation? If you were the school that all of a sudden got excited about this last minute momentum, brought about entirely by the $9.95ers, should you be worried?

56 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

God damn you fucking SUCK.  We're fucking KICKING ASS all over the place with both the 2020 and 2021 classes and THIS is your take? 

If it's a perfect storm for negative recruting, why are we doing so well?

FUCK YOU.

He's right about what other teams are trying to use against us. Thing is that it isn't proving too effective.

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Can’t believe I have to wait 3 extra days before deciding whether CTJ is criminally underrated or a 3-star that I’m glad went elsewhere.

herman pulled his offer.  with his coverage limitations the staff decided to move on.  trust in herman. 

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Small consolation is that I won't have to see the abbreviation "CTJ" and momentarily wonder why some 40-year-old verbose message-board poster is going to fix our linebacker issues.

But have you seen him run the 40? Fastest backer we’ve recruited in years. 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, trythisathome said:

Here's an important question: when pronouncing Bijan, is the emphasis on the first syllable as in "dijon" or the second as in "DeSean"?

On 7/28/2019 at 3:20 PM, sith_horn said:

I was going to tell you just check the official roster if/when he gets added, but when I went to check, it looks like they removed that feature. They used to have an "ear" icon next to difficult or ambiguous names on the roster. Click the icon and an audio file played with the correct pronunciation. Don't know if this feature is permanently removed or perhaps may come back once the season is under way.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:22 PM, Beau Vine said:

Thanks, great post.

Was just looking over the Official Texas Football Roster and the pronunciation icons are now back. First name on the roster with an icon is #6 Devin Duvernay for example.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Machines are never going to be able to understand ad homonym attacks.

I don't know where the characterization of the poster as a machine or robot arose, but a machinator would usually be assumed to be one who machinates or forms schemes with evil designs. Therefore, it is quite plausible that an artful and evil schemer would have the capability to understand all manner of rhetorical attacks.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

I don't know where the characterization of the poster as a machine or robot arose, but a machinator would usually be assumed to be one who machinates or forms schemes with evil designs. Therefore, it is quite plausible that an artful and evil schemer would have the capability to understand all manner of rhetorical attacks.

you’re like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie—

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

6e6.gif

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Small consolation is that I won't have to see the abbreviation "CTJ" and momentarily wonder why some 40-year-old verbose message-board poster is going to fix our linebacker issues.

I’m in agreement. The shameful brandicide that this board has been attempting to bring down upon defenseless little me has been almost too much to bear. Hell, war eagle, motherfuckers, it will serve you meanies right. 

14 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

I literally referenced him as a bot while accusing immamac of a grander, more nefarious scheme. Machinator was oddly comforted by being outed as an algorithm. futureman, however, as the resident bot of voluminous banality, has never quite gotten comfortable with his own veil being lifted. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I literally referenced him as a bot while accusing immamac of a grander, more nefarious scheme. Machinator was oddly comforted by being outed as an algorithm. futureman, however, as the resident bot of voluminous banality, has never quite gotten comfortable with his own veil being lifted. 

you’re a real jerk

37 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Then why are you commenting on it?

Well, there obviously seemed to be some confusion as to what a machinator actually is. So, instead of letting the parade of boondogglery continue, I thought it would be imperative to lead the seemingly misguided dilettantes to a more lucid cognizance.

5 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Well, there obviously seemed to be some confusion as to what a machinator actually is. So, instead of letting the parade of boondogglery continue, I thought it would be imperative to lead the seemingly misguided dilettantes to a more lucid cognizance.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Since we are rafting upon rivulets of alternative thought, it occurred to me that while pato does translate directly as duck into English, it is also used as derogatory slang for a Cuban, or homosexual person.