Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

7 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Where was demas grubbin?

Quality Seafood. Didn’t notice anyone with him that would look like the FWK, but I was blocked off from whoever was sitting in the corner. Wouldn’t have recognized him if not for him wearing a jersey (not UT) that said Demas. 

51 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Saw Demas pregame walking around Bevo Blvd. I figured it might be him because he was HUGE, but the personalized “Demas” Yankees jersey he was wearing was pretty good confirmation. /csb

I know its early but it kinda feels like this kid is all Texas. I'm sure he has to like how LJH is being used. 

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/11/open-post-monday-november-5th/

Quick Hitter | Chad Lindberg
– Andrew King

One top 2020 recruit that did not visit Texas this weekend was Clear Creek (TX) offensive tackle Chad Lindberg.

It was homecoming for Clear Creek so it was a busy weekend for Lindberg and his team. They’re also 4-4 and a win this weekend would be huge for their playoff chances. Lindberg told me he’s just trying to focus on this game and the rest of his season at the moment.

He isn’t too focused on the recruiting process right now, but Lindberg does have one visit set up. He will be back at Texas in two weeks when the Longhorns host Iowa State. That will be a big one for the Longhorns to impress on the field with Lindberg seeing the action in person for the first time this season.

Texas is in a good spot with the top offensive lineman in the state in 2020 right now. Schools like Stanford, LSU, Alabama, and other blue bloods are coming hard after him though. Lindberg has a really good relationship with Texas’ 2020 commit offensive guard Logan Parr. Lindberg’s older brother is also a student at Texas.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:10 AM, Chuckie Finster said:

Saw Demas pregame walking around Bevo Blvd. I figured it might be him because he was HUGE, but the personalized “Demas” Yankees jersey he was wearing was pretty good confirmation. /csb

Yeah saw him there during the Stampede. LOTS of attention paid to him by the players and basically every coach walking by stopped to say what’s up. 

Why this guy is committed to aggy is beyond me.  Aside from recruiting improprieties by aggy boosters, what does that program have to offer? They have a shit offensive line, shitty quarterbacks (future and current), a slow grinding offense, weird traditions, no real accomplishments as a program, one can go on and on.  

I will give them the fact that they are in the SEC (Alabama and LSU’s bitch).  They do have delusional and passionate fans.  I guess he really likes hearing them sing about the school that he should sign to play for.  For all intents and purposes, he should just go ahead and flip to Texas now and get it over with.

17 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Why this guy is committed to aggy is beyond me.  Aside from recruiting improprieties by aggy boosters, what does that program have to offer? They have a shit offensive line, shitty quarterbacks (future and current), a slow grinding offense, weird traditions, no real accomplishments as a program, one can go on and on.  

I will give them the fact that they are in the SEC (Alabama and LSU’s bitch).  They do have delusional and passionate fans.  I guess he really likes hearing them sing about the school that he should sign to play for.  For all intents and purposes, he should just go ahead and flip to Texas now and get it over with.

You answered your own question.

1 hour ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

I honestly think he just got caught up in the moment. Now, there is no real benefit for him to decommit "now".  No need to piss off a bunch of Aggies when he might later decide it is the place for him.  If he wants to decommit and go elsewhere, Texas included, he could wait until the day of and still have a spot.

He's got plenty of time to find his future home, if he flips it will likely be a permanent one time event.  This is an area I think hanging out with FWK helps him.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I honestly think he just got caught up in the moment. Now, there is no real benefit for him to decommit "now".  No need to piss off a bunch of Aggies when he might later decide it is the place for him.  If he wants to decommit and go elsewhere, Texas included, he could wait until the day of and still have a spot.

He's got plenty of time to find his future home, if he flips it will likely be a permanent one time event.  This is an area I think hanging out with FWK helps him.

i like he keeps coming around. the longer he keeps showing up, the better chance he will eventually flip. and it gives us a better chance of keeping the big you know who. 

28 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah it really isn't worth worrying about now.  He'll probably see just about every Texas and aggy home game next year as well.  If he can't see he'd be featured in this offense over that pathetic aggy O' then it's his loss.

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

You are probably right.  This kid doesn’t need a place holder like aggy.  He can go anywhere he wants, it’s just funny to me that he gets caught up in the moment and commits to a school that just lost the game that he attended.  I’m sure the empty hall of aggy and barbershop was awe inspiring.

I will once again give them props for their home atmosphere when big teams come to town.  If we are the home team next year against OU, he should definitely attend that game for atmosphere.

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Plus, other schools will negative recruit aggy since he’s committed to them.  I think where Sheppard signs may indicate where Demas will end up also.

Don't forget he also almost decommited until Hamm ran and told Footwork King, Jimbo, and the staff and begged him not to decommit.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Beigebandit said:

Shame! No San Antonian resident should ever step foot in a Taco Bell!! All these authentic taquerias around here! Taco Bell is nothing but a constipation remedy

Cravings for Taco Bell /= cravings for tacos.  No sane person chooses Taco Bell over a taqueria - they choose taco bell over other fast food.

• Like 2