Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

2 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

The idea that The University of Texas won't get a top recruiting class unless we post Kate pics gotta be the dumbest shit we have running through these servers. 

You and your 159 posts obviously weren't around in spring 2018, when everyone started posting pics of people other than Kate and we lost Leal immediately thereafter.

Momentum is not a figment, just because you can't see it, you David Hume-ass motherfucker.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

No, you old motherfuckers like your women with asses the likes of pre-teens. I'm a grown ass man, I need a little cushion.

Kate Beckinsale is hot as fuck. She also doesn't have a big old Juicy ass. Few women are 10's in every category. The good news for you is that you have a zero percent chance of every fucking Kate Beckinsale anyway, so there's no reason to bitch. You can fuck off down to the local Planet Fitness  and find some a plain girl with a big ass you can spin around with little effort. As has been pointed out, it's not about where she ranks on your personal hierarchy of desirability. It's a good luck charm and more.

This is like the people who bitch about Texas uniforms and wanting to do some black ones because the kids fucking love that shit!

And for the record, I'm not quite an grown ass man yet in Gundy years. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

The idea that The University of Texas won't get a top recruiting class unless we post Kate pics gotta be the dumbest shit we have running through these servers. 

Without our rituals and even superstitions, we are lost as a people.  Do you deliberately break mirrors for fun?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CastHorn said:

I’m really impressed by Herman, he really meant it when he said he was going to align the program. We got one of the best ADs in the country. We have one of the best strength coaches in the country. Our media apartment is the best I’ve seen for any sports organization, the quality of our graphics is insane. Herman saw what BC brought to the table and let him loose, there’s no one else like him out there. Back to back top 5 recruiting classes. Really high quality coaching staff. You can literally see the momentum building in front of you, even if Tom doesn’t believe in it. I know the “Texas is back” thing has become a meme, but it doesn’t take a genius to see what’s brewing in Austin. Tom is prepping a well oiled machine. Also Kate has no ass, stop posting her for the olds. Mother fuckers born after 1989 like women who arent built like a blunt. 

This screed is a grammatical and typographical disaster.  But my biggest question is what it looks like to "literally see the momentum building in front of you."

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

This screed is a grammatical and typographical disaster.  But my biggest question is what it looks like to "literally see the momentum building in front of you."

I mean, I get what you're saying, but I can't believe you got past "media apartment." I know this falls under grammatical and typographical disaster, but nonetheless that one is a whopper. And this is from someone who misspells and fucks up in like 50% of his posts. Also the intimation that Herman aligned everything by selecting our current AD is an interesting touch as well. 

In short: When you figure out the difference between a Department and an Apartment, THEN you still won't be able to dictate Kate pics. 

• Like 2

I think it’s a little naive to call us “young guys” naive. Take a look at Instagram and see how many girls workout or even represent fitness products. I believe the big booty fit women will be able to hold onto that for longer. Will nature and gravity eventually win? Of course. But I don’t expect my PAWG to be the hottest girl on the block at 50. Sorry but a tiny girl with a small butt can’t almost suffocate you and happily almost put you on the doorstep of heaven. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

You and your 159 posts obviously weren't around in spring 2018, when everyone started posting pics of people other than Kate and we lost Leal immediately thereafter.

Momentum is not a figment, just because you can't see it, you David Hume-ass motherfucker.

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/02/open-post-wednesday-february-20th/

Under Armour Houston Camp Notes and Interviews
– Will Baizer

2020 RB Zach Evans – (North Shore – Houston, TX)

While we didn’t get to see much of the number one prospect in the nation on the field, it is no wonder why he has that title when you see him play live.

Being the number one prospect in the nation has its challenges, and one of those will obviously be picking a school. So far, the time table for his decision will be to narrow down his list to six, and then decide on National Signing Day: “I do plan on signing this year on signing day and enrolling early.”

It’s been a theme for Zach Evans recruitment, but one of his main focuses going forward will be how the schools he is considering have done with their 2019 and 2020 offensive line classes. It makes sense, as Zach Evans puts it, “I’m watching my class and the class in front of me because those will be the boys I’m playing with.” He is taking an extremely active roll in this as he told me he is in constant contact with Chad Lindberg, his teammate Damieon George, and Longhorn commit Jake Majors.

Besides the offensive line, Evans knows the majority of his time will be under the watch of a strength and condition coach. Therefore, he has put an emphasis on getting to know the strength coaches. It appears that Texas’ Yancy McKnight has made a pretty big impact on him, as I got a pretty energetic response: “He’s pumped. He has a lot of energy. That’s something I’m not used to. My coach has a lot of energy, but he has a lot of energy.”

Again, the very future-oriented prospect gave another interesting answer during our interview. When I asked him what the first thing that popped up into his mind when he thought of Texas he told me, “Playing Bama in [2022]. That’s all I can think about. I want to see if they can hang with Bama. When they play each other I will have picked a school. So if I do go to Texas, I play Bama. If I choose Bama, I play Texas.”

Again, the next step for Zach Evans appears to be narrowing down his visit schedule to six teams. I am pretty confident that Texas will be one of those teams that Zach Evans officially visits.

Insider Take: I believe Texas is the leader of this recruitment as of now. Everything is pointing to Texas and everyone I talk to is pointing to Texas. HOWEVER, there is a long way to go in this recruitment. Things can change in an instant, but Texas has set themselves up in a good position so far.

2020 OT Chad Lindberg – (Clear Creek – League City, TX)

The top offensive lineman in the class made his way to Under Armour this past weekend. While, he didn’t actually compete (he was there to receive a reward and look pretty in Under Armour), he still looked the part at 6’6″ 325-pounds with a 81″ wingspan, 35″ arm measurement, and 9.5″ hands. He’s built to be a tackle and his film shows he does it well.

So it is no wonder Texas is in love with him, and dying to get him to be a part of what is shaping up to be a tremendous 2020 offensive line class. Lindberg is good friends with guys like Logan Parr, so it is no surprise he’s taking notice, “I think [Texas is] building a pretty good offensive line class. If there are two spots left, and it’s filled by Damieon George and myself, it’d be a pretty good O-Line class… We’ll see how it plays out, and keep building the relationship.”

Seems like Damieon George agrees:

While I believe Texas is the clear favorite at this point, Longhorn fans always have to be on the look out for Stanford with their top offensive line prospects. That still holds true as Stanford is the team Texas once again has to beat out. Chad also added, “…to a lesser extent Clemson, LSU, and Georgia.”

Longhorns recruitniks attentions should be fully focused on how his visit goes when he visits Stanford in a month. Right now Chad Lindberg hasn’t gotten a chance to visit with their entire coaching staff as he’s only talked to their offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, and area recruiting guy. It will be a big chance for them to make an impression on Lindberg going forward.

However, the Longhorns are fighting fire with fire. Herb Hand has built a rock solid relationship with the top offensive lineman in-state. Lindberg says, behind the scenes, Herb Hand is not overly in your face with recruits, “He texts you every once in a while. He’s not on your back like some people, which I actually like… He makes sure Texas is on your mind.”. On top of this Tom Herman is personally recruiting Lindberg, and Longhorn commit Logan Parr has a 300-day Snapchat streak going with him, “I couldn’t tell you what is the craziest photo I’ve seen of Logan is. They’re all pretty crazy.”

Another note to add is that Chad Lindberg said that he is close with Chris Henson (Texas A&M’s new offensive line coach), so that will be worth keeping an eye on.

2020 OG Logan Parr – (O’Connor – San Antonio, TX) TEXAS

This was, unfortunately, my first time meeting Logan Parr. So let me start off with my first impression of Parr. He’s a loveably goofy guy (I may link the interview, so y’all will understand) and looks like Tintin as an offensive lineman. I hope that comes off as a compliment…

Talk about a guy happy to be a Longhorn. Just the thought of it had him absolutely beeming. Herb Hand did a masterful job with this one, as Parr told me that the thought of playing for him is his favorite part of being a commit: “I really like Coach Hand. He reminds me a lot of my current offensive line coach, and it’s really cool to go to the next level with a connection like that… He’s brought a different nature to the offensive line group that you haven’t seen at Texas for a long time. I can’t wait to be a part of it.”

Logan was the second commit of the 2020 class, and a crucial one in the building of the class. Now he’s focused on improving it through himself and through the guys around him: “I’m just trying to get faster, stronger, and work on my technique. I’m also working on the Texas 2020 recruiting class, which is pretty cool.”

What really helps him is the fact that he’s already established a relationship with Texas’ top offensive line targets, “I’ve been talking to Chad [Lindberg], Jaylen [Garth], and Damieon George since sophomore year at the Opening. It’s really cool to be able to make that connection with them if they do choose to go to Texas. We already have that connection going, and I don’t think anyone can stop us.”

2020 DL Vernon Broughton (Cy Ridge – Houston, TX)

While Vernon Broughton doesn’t have an official list of top schools, he expressed that, “…Texas is up there, but that’s about it.” As of now, Vernon told me that Texas is the only school he is sure of official visiting, as he is planning the rest.

The thing that has gotten Texas this far in his recruitment, according to Broughton is “…The relationship with coach Giles. He and I have been going back and forth.” He pointed toward Texas’ Elite Day as one of his many building blocks with Oscar Giles, “It was nice sitting down with Coach Giles and seeing what they are doing in the program.”

Broughton will be back in Austin for the Spring Game. He also plans to visit the Spring Games of Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Alabama is another school to keep an eye on.

2020 DE Alfred Collins – (Cedar Creek – Bastrop, TX)

If you head 45 minutes Southeast of Austin, you’ll run into the town of Bastrop. The Texas staff is becoming quite familiar with the town as that is where they have found one of the highest ceiling defensive ends in the class.

Luckily for them, Alfred Collins is just a much a fan of them as they are of him: “Considering I grew up a UT fan, and I like the coaches… Texas right now, is still number one. I haven’t visited in a while, but I’m planning on going up.”

The coach in particular who has made the most impact on Collins is defensive line coach Oscar Giles, “He’s a good dude. A good coach. He’s open and he listens to you.”

As of now, OU is the main competition for the long athletic defensive end for “…The same reason. The coaches.” However, he has yet to talk with Coach Grinch.

Right now, Alfred plans to take official visits to OU and Alabama in the Spring.

2020 WR Troy Omeire – (Fort Bend Austin – Sugar Land, TX)

The big receiver out of Sugar Land is one of the top receiving targets in the state and one of the big names on Texas’ wishlist. When I say big I mean big. He measured in at 6’3.5” and 217-pounds with a wingspan of 81” and 10.5” hands.

Omeire will be visiting Texas again on March 9th with his mother. While there he’s looking to get a better feel for the staff and program: “While I’m there, I want to spend some time with the coaches, and hopefully I get to spend the night to talk to the players and see the area.”

Omeire has had the most contact with receiver coach Drew Mehringer who has begun to build a solid relationship, “He’s a cool dude, and he’s real. He teaches me how to use my body.”

However, it is the Aggies who have the lead right now in this recruitment: “They’re at the top. I’ve been there a lot of times, and each time I go I enjoy my time there.”

Carrington 2.0?
– Andrew King

Every Texas recruiting fan know all about recruiting Director of Recruiting Bryan Carrington by now. Not many schools have an ace up their sleeve in regards to recruiting in terms of a guy like Carrington.

I will also say compared to other staffs at top schools, I wouldn’t say the Texas staff is filled with “elite” recruiters. Which makes the need to Carrington that much greater.

Well, they may have someone else on staff who’s growing into a recruiting presence much like Carrington, and that isRashaad Samples. He played football at Houston under Tom Herman and followed him to Texas as a graduate assistant and helps coach wide receivers.

The biggest thing Samples brings to the table is his DFW ties. He’s the son of DFW high school coaching legend Reginald Samples. The younger Samples is already making his impact in Austin. I’ve heard recruits talk about him some, but after this weekend I heard recruits talk about him like we’re used to hearing them talk about Bryan Carrington.

One difference in Samples and Carrington is that I expect Samples to become a position coach sooner rather than later. Current wide recievers coach Drew Mehringer has offensive coordinator experience and interviewed for the head coaching job at James Madison this offseason. And after being named one of the national recruiters of the year with the 2019 class, I’d expect to see some other schools possibly come calling in regards to a promotion if he keeps it up.

It would be interesting to see if Herman would give a younger guy like Samples a chance to truly prove himself as a position coach. Which would mean he could go on the road to recruit, which he can’t right now. No matter what happens, it seems clear that Texas has a rising star on staff in Rashaad Samples.

BONUS NOTE: Things really come full circle for Carrington and Samples. As Carrington was actually the one to recruit Samples to Houston when Samples transferred from Oklahoma State to Houston in 2015.

Junior Day Notes | Part 2| Rogers, Alford, Adeleye, Flagg, Jackson, Dubar
– CJ Vogel

Jahari Rogers

One of Texas’ newest offers Arlington cornerback Jahari Rogers made the trip down with several of his True Buzz teammates and coach Joey Moss.

Rogers called this weekend “one of the best visits (he) has been on, and that’s highly to speak of with all of the visits I’ve been on.” He mentioned Oklahoma, Baylor, LSU and Florida as other visits that have stood out so far in the recruiting process.

The Texas staff is viewing Rogers as a cornerback at the next level despite there being a great deal of versatility in his game. He mentioned the staff really liked his length and speed.

Rogers was offered earlier in February, and getting him down to campus for Junior Day was of great importance. “This visit was amazing. So they skyrocketed. They’re one of the most known schools in Texas, so a whole bunch of my friends and their families were high on me getting this offer, so it was just crazy when I got it.”

Rogers has quickly established a relationship with Jason Washington and he is real impressed with his track record. “It’s crazy to see how he develops players to go to the league, and that’s what kind of coach I want to coach me. He really sees the bigger picture with his players.”

Currently, Texas is a top five school for Rogers. He will likely release an official top schools list in the spring, and commit before his senior season.

Rogers said he has visited most of the schools he had wanted to check out, but will take a trip to Fort Worth in the near future to visit TCU. It’s worth noting that Rogers did grow up a Florida fan.

Xavion Alford

Shadow Creek HS safety Xavion Alford made the trip to Austin this weekend as well. Alford was a key component to the state championship game run made by the Sharks this fall. Recently, Alford has really blown up with offers from big time programs, and Texas is surely in the mix after their recent offer.

The Texas staff is high on Alford heading into the spring evaluation period. “They really love me up here. They really want me as a player, I’m really high on their board, especially at the safety position.”

Alford called himself “the most versatile safety in the country” while answering where he sees his fit at the next level. He said currently Texas is

Alford was a member of the same 7-on-7 team as current Longhorns Jordan Whittington and (Anthony) Cook  last year which is playing a role in his recruitment. “They are really like big brothers to me, just trying to mentor me through the process. They aren’t really trying to pressure me, but they’re like ‘I mean it’s a no brainer.’”

A key member of this recruitment that might not get as much publicity is former Texas safety Michael Huff. “We have a pretty good relationship. We were talking a lot today, he’s been texting me and everything but he’s a really cool dude. He’s someone I could see myself being on campus.”

The Texas staff gave Alford and his family a private tour of the facilities and stadium. The little things like that are what Alford will “be thinking about this time next year” when he puts pen to paper on National Signing Day.

Other than Texas, LSU Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M and Michigan are all vying for Alford’s services. He said he’ll likely release a top schools list this summer and make his decision on the late National Signing Day.

Corey Flagg

2020 North Shore LB Corey Flagg joined several of his teammates in Austin this weekend for the Junior Day. Flagg is 5’10” and weighs around 210 pounds. He currently does not hold a Texas offer but is on the radar.

Flagg really enjoyed the pitch the Texas staff made to him during his visit. “They sold me on the scheme and what the defense is running and what they bring to the table on the defensive side of the ball and the film room. I’m not too big on the fancy stuff.”

To add to Flagg’s comment on not being into the “fancy stuff,” he said he declined the offer for the jersey photo shoot and told Orlando he wanted to go straight to the film room.

Defensive Coordinator Todd Orlando made a big impression on the junior linebacker as well. “I talked to Todd Orlando, that’s who I was really with the whole time with my family. He made my family feel comfortable.”

While Flagg does not currently hold an offer, and left the Junior Day without one, he said it’s not a problem to him. “It’s not depressing coming out with no offer, [Orlando] told me he’s only offered one linebacker in my class,” said Flagg. He added that Orlando had him on “his top list” and will come visit him in the spring.

Flagg added that Orlando “is definitely interested and was just breaking down to me how to be patient” while the staff continues to evaluate him.

While Texas may wait for further evaluations, Flagg is high on the Texas program. “You know it’s Texas. It’s a great program. Tom Herman, he’s a great coach, great background history and I’m looking forward to what he brings to the table.”

Abner Dubar

Along with Rogers, Abner Dubar joined the True Buzz group at the Texas Junior Day on Sunday afternoon. Dubar is a 6-foot safety out of Anna, Texas and is just now starting to garner interest on the recruiting trail.

This was Dubar’s first visit down to Austin and it was a good one. “I had a great time this weekend, the coaches, the hospitality were all nice. The facilities were great. I like what they are talking about and the defensive scheme that they run.”

Dubar spent most of his afternoon with Coach Craig Naiver. “I had a great time with him. He’s one of my favorite coaches to talk to.”

Dubar will be visiting Texas Tech next weekend and Oklahoma State on March 2nd. He will be a guy Texas continues to evaluate before an offer is extended.

Junior Day Notes | Part 3 | Hester, Johnston
– CJ Vogel

JJ Hester

One of the top recruits from the state of Oklahoma, JJ Hester, made the trip south to Austin for Texas’ Junior Day. Hester is a 6-foot, 3-inch wide receiver from Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Despite not having an offer prior to this weekend, Hester’s interest in Texas was substantial enough to make the visit down from Tulsa. Hester said he felt very welcome during his visit and cited the lifestyle of Austin as the highlight of his trip.

The Longhorns’ momentum on the recruiting trail has also caught the eye of Hester: “I saw they got the number on athlete (Bru McCoy). I just talked to Mookie (Cooper) about it.”

After receiving an offer, Hester said that Texas would likely be up in his top group along with Michigan, Oklahoma and Baylor. He will begin to make cuts sometime this summer.

Quentin Johnston

One of the more underrated wide receivers in the 2020 class is Quentin Johnston out of Temple High School. Johnston is a 6-foot, 4-inch wide out that can absolutely fly. I was at his playoff game against Mesquite Horn where he was basically unguardable and hauled in three touchdowns in the loss.

Johnston was one of the last recruits to leave Moncrief on Saturday and for good reason. Johnston was a teammate of early enrollee Jared Wiley last season and has continued a strong relationship with his former QB: “He loves it here. I was texting him today and he was telling me about all the workouts and stuff and how I’m a good fit for it.”

The Texas staff offered Johnston at one of his basketball practices earlier this month.

Johnston is rather soft spoken and doesn’t necessarily love the attention that recruiting brings which explains his lack of Tweets reporting his offers. Regardless, Texas is in his top five at the moment, along with Oklahoma, TCU, Baylor and Kansas.

Texas is sitting nicely in Johnston’s recruitment and the proximity to home is a big plus: “For one, obviously being closer to home. And then just the atmosphere of the big city and like as soon as I walked in today, I almost felt like I go here anyway. It just felt like a family as soon as I walked in.”

The coaches, like with many recruits, emphasized the expansions due for DKR in the near future: “I loved it… I like [DKR] how it is now, and then the updates and stuff are going to make it that much better.”

With Johnston being 6’4”, the Texas staff really emphasized their usage of big receivers this past season with the play Collin Johnson and Lil’Jordan Humphrey during their pitch to him on Saturday.

Daniel Jackson

Texas has looked to Cibolo Steele High School once again for talent on the recruiting trail. The former home to current safety Caden Sterns has produced a talented 2020 wide receiver in Daniel Jackson.

Jackson has not reported a Texas offer following the visit, however the visit to Austin shows their is interest from both sides. So far in his recruitment, he has notched offers from TCU, Kansas, Illinois and North Texas.

Jackson said he has made the trip to Austin several times with his brother and has always been intrigued by the lure of the Texas program: “It is still an amazing program. Anybody would love to play for them.”

On his visit, Jackson said he spent time with Drew Mehringer and Bryan Carrington with the focus of most conversations regarding a return visit sometime during the season. The staff will continue to evaluate Jackson in the spring and his senior season.

Being so close to home is high on the mind of Jackson and will play a role in his recruitment: “That’s very convenient. I know for a high school student, you probably want to get away from home, but I think it’s very convenient and what you need for the long run.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

Not to mention posting pictures of Lexi Sun, and we all know what happened there.  Kate will be tops over cats any day too.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Kate Beckinsale is hot as fuck. She also doesn't have a big old Juicy ass. Few women are 10's in every category. The good news for you is that you have a zero percent chance of every fucking Kate Beckinsale anyway, so there's no reason to bitch. You can fuck off down to the local Planet Fitness  and find some a plain girl with a big ass you can spin around with little effort. As has been pointed out, it's not about where she ranks on your personal hierarchy of desirability. It's a good luck charm and more.

This is like the people who bitch about Texas uniforms and wanting to do some black ones because the kids fucking love that shit!

And for the record, I'm not quite an grown ass man yet in Gundy years. 

If masterbating to Kate counts as fucking her, then my chances are greater than zero.