Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Per his father, Art, this is their upcoming visit schedule:

"Thursday - Georgia Tech and Georgia. Friday - Clemson and South Carolina. Saturday - Alabama and Auburn. April 5th - Notre Dame. April 6th - Ohio State (tentative). April 13th - Florida spring game."

That's quite the slate and it's all part of the master plan. Art continued, "His focus is getting all his unofficial visits so he can schedule OV's. From there he's figuring his timeline to close it all out."

With UT in pursuit of a handful of other corners it's important to gauge the level of dialogue players are having with the school. "Just spoke to (coach) Washington yesterday and today. We talk to him consistently."

Aside Ringo, we feel Kimber is at the top of the big board at corner.

How can every kid afford to go on unofficials all over the country? It is a relatively new thing and I call BS.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

How can every kid afford to go on unofficials all over the country? It is a relatively new thing and I call BS.

Almost every blue chip recruit gets reimbursed in some form under the table for UOVs

33 minutes ago, Fud said:

Almost every blue chip recruit gets reimbursed in some form under the table for UOVs

Yeah, it is kind of BS. It use to be that recruits from Texas were somewhat limited to schools nearby. With that not being the case anymore, they can just as easily get paid to visit $SEC$ and Oregon. And those schools can make sure that the parents can attend all their son's games. This eliminates a lot of the local advantage.

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So did this Broughton stuff just happen within the last week?  Pretty sure national guys put in Texas picks at the Houston Opening just a weekend ago.

Don't think this board could handle going 0-3 on Broughton, Collins, and Princely.  

Meh they will find and get somebody else. They did the last two years...

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So did this Broughton stuff just happen within the last week?  Pretty sure national guys put in Texas picks at the Houston Opening just a weekend ago.

Don't think this board could handle going 0-3 on Broughton, Collins, and Princely.  

Relax.. I trust Herman trying to find versatile DL that fit vs Big 12 offenses. Those guys seem to want to cover their insufficiencies playing in a slow SEC style of play. Besides 2020 is pretty weak along the DL, 2021 is better and 2022 will be the best the state has this century.  /Daddy98ish

The Stampede: Texas recruiting scoop from Pylon NOLA

Most pundits have penciled in Jahari Rogers to Oklahoma. After all, his grandfather played there, and he was set to make a visit with four-star cornerback and teammate Ryan Watts — more on him in a second — for the Sooners’ spring game on April 13. Some even speculated that Rogers and Watts would pull the trigger in favor of OU on that day. But that does not appear to be the case. Rogers is now leaning towards attending the Texas spring game, and I’m told the Longhorns have built some serious momentum in his recruitment in the weeks following his junior day visit.

A big reason for that is Ra'Shaad Samples. A key on-campus recruiting weapon, Samples has been in contact with Rogers since last year and made a big push for the Longhorns to extend an offer. Rogers feels he has a personal bond with Samples and communicates with him on almost a daily basis. Rogers has also built a stronger relationship with cornerbacks coach Jason Washington and enjoyed his time with head coach Tom Herman on the aforementioned junior day visit. Don’t get me wrong, Oklahoma will be tough to beat out. But this race is closer than originally anticipated. Aside from Texas and OU, I’m told Rogers likes LSU because he is originally from New Orleans as well as Florida, which was a childhood dream school. 

On the Watts front, yes, he is still making it to the Oklahoma spring game for an official visit. But it might be telling that he is taking an unofficial visit to Texas just three days prior. While a source very close to the Watts recruitment told me that OU leads, he added that Texas is right there and could turn the tide. Watts loved his junior day visit last month and like Rogers, he has strong relationships with both Samples and Washington. The source also said that Texas A&M is still very much in the mix in that recruitment. The Aggies impressed him on his recent visit, and I’m told that Jimbo Fisher is personally helping recruit Watts, which is making a big impact. Both Rogers and Watts would like to team up at the next level and are eyeing June decisions.

One of the more interesting things I heard during my time in New Orleans actually had nothing to do with a recruit at the actual tournament. Four-star defensive lineman Vernon Broughton has been considered a Texas lean for some. But the dynamics of his recruitment have drastically changed in terms of the people involved over the last couple of weeks. Obviously, I can’t go into too much detail, but this recruitment isn’t exactly a slam-dunk for Texas anymore. The Longhorns are getting him on campus in May and really need to wow him and his mother.

I’m told that Texas A&M is surging in this one, and it wouldn’t be surprising if the Aggies really close the gap the rest of spring. Arkansas is also one to watch as the Razorbacks pulled out all the stops during his recent visit — Chad Morris and company offered his brothers ridiculously early. Broughton is looking to make a decision at the end of summer. What seemed like a straightforward recruitment could get pretty interesting.

Texas is obviously making guys like Zachary Evans, Bijan Robinson and Kendall Milton top priorities at the running back position, but as we’ve discussed, Ty Jordan would be a perfect compliment back and yes, he has the skillset to fill the Mookie Cooper role. According to a source close to the Jordan recruitment, there are two schools standing out from the pack — USC and Texas. Jordan actually made a visit to USC on Saturday before getting stuck at the airport on his way to New Orleans. Jordan had a great time out in Los Angeles, but obviously, distance could be a factor as could question marks surrounding head coach Clay Helton. Texas is the safer play and makes more sense, but the Longhorns need to make that big push to show Jordan he’s a wanted member of this class. I’m told that a big part of USC’s pitch this weekend was that he is at the top of the board and one of the Trojans’ most important targets.

It’s still very early in the recruitment of Shadrach Banks. But there are four schools making a big impact on Banks at this point in the process — LSU, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M. My Crystal Ball is with the Longhorns, but anything can happen over the next couple of years. UT assistants Drew Mehringer and Corby Meekins have done a nice job so far, and Banks has really enjoyed his recent visits. The Zachary Evans recruitment could have a big impact on where Banks ends up next cycle as the two are teammates and friends.

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

I mean they signed 4 DL last year. None of Leals caliber but still.

Exactly. 

Overall last two classes were great. Doesn't mean there weren't holes. DL is definitely a hole. If we want to get back to where we need to be, we have got to start landing some of the top DLs. It's OK to be generally very satisfied with recruiting and the trajectory of the program while pointing out the areas where we're falling short. Right now we're falling short re: DL recruiting. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Exactly. 

Overall last two classes were great. Doesn't mean there weren't holes. DL is definitely a hole. If we want to get back to where we need to be, we have got to start landing some of the top DLs. It's OK to be generally very satisfied with recruiting and the trajectory of the program while pointing out the areas where we're falling short. Right now we're falling short re: DL recruiting. 

This is right. The reason we didn't have an elite defensive line last year and the reason we won't have an elite defensive line this year is because we haven't recruited the position at an elite level since Herman arrived (and, excluding Jordan Elliott, in the years immediately preceding Herman). Guys like Ta'quon Graham, Moro Ojomo, Jacoby Jones, T'Vondre Sweat, Myron Warren, etc. are nice players and most teams would be lucky to have them, but they aren't on the same level as prospects like Leal, Broughton and Collins.  Coburn is the only guy we've landed in the last few years who is in that conversation, and it's no surprise that he will be in the two deep this year.    

I guess it’s hard for me to get worked up when this is pretty much exactly what I said was going to happen. Collins was going to be allowed to wander. Umainlemanlymanly was going to drift. Broughton has a handler. Sucks though. 

All of that considered, I still think Collins’ mom and aunt let him have his fun and then send him to Austin. I don’t think they’ll let a handler disable recruiting Broughton. I would still rather be us in the Princely recruitment than anyone else. At some point, however, dufus is going to need some help. 

2 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

This is right. The reason we didn't have an elite defensive line last year and the reason we won't have an elite defensive line this year is because we haven't recruited the position at an elite level since Herman arrived (and, excluding Jordan Elliott, in the years immediately preceding Herman). Guys like Ta'quon Graham, Moro Ojomo, Jacoby Jones, T'Vondre Sweat, Myron Warren, etc. are nice players and most teams would be lucky to have them, but they aren't on the same level as prospects like Leal, Broughton and Collins.  Coburn is the only guy we've landed in the last few years who is in that conversation, and it's no surprise that he will be in the two deep this year.    

I hear what you are saying, but Ojomo, Coburn, Graham, and Myron Warren absolutely have the potential to become All Conference+ players. Had Ojomo been in his correct grade this year, he would have been right up there near Leal in terms of rankings. As it was he was taking quality snaps against Georgia at 17 years old. 

13 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I hear what you are saying, but Ojomo, Coburn, Graham, and Myron Warren absolutely have the potential to become All Conference+ players. Had Ojomo been in his correct grade this year, he would have been right up there near Leal in terms of rankings. As it was he was taking quality snaps against Georgia at 17 years old. 

Lol no. Ojomo would not have been near Leal at all even if he was a 2019 recruit. This is the kind of nonsense that gets spewed when people can’t handle reality, i.e. aggy. 

Ojomo is a good prospect, but he’s not near the #16 player in the country. Another thing people ignore is that these raw 3 stars we take that can be developed into all-conference level guys take a while and may only give you one really good year, like Omenihu, whereas a lot of 5 stars, like Ed Oliver or Dexter Lawrence, are ready to come in and contribute at a high level for 3 years. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol no. Ojomo would not have been near Leal at all even if he was a 2019 recruit. This is the kind of nonsense that gets spewed when people can’t handle reality, i.e. aggy. 

Ojomo is a good prospect, but he’s not near the #16 player in the country. Another thing people ignore is that these raw 3 stars we take that can be developed into all-conference level guys take a while and may only give you one really good year, like Omenihu, whereas a lot of 5 stars, like Ed Oliver or Dexter Lawrence, are ready to come in and contribute at a high level for 3 years. 

Apples and oranges. Ojomo was 11 years old when he was a senior, so it's not fair to compare him to an 18 year old Leal. We'll have to wait until he's been in the NFL for a few years before we can make the comparison. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think we should get three really good years of Moro if he sticks around for his fifth year. Obviously he likely won't have the instant impact of a early enrolling (albeit injured in the spring) true freshman or even sophomore Leal, but I think we should still get a great return on his scholarship in his upper class years. This is mostly based on how insanely disruptive he was as a nose tackle at Katy, and I think once he catches up physically and mentally, he'll be disruptive at the next level for several years. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fud said:

I think we should get three really good years of Moro if he sticks around for his fifth year. Obviously he likely won't have the instant impact of a early enrolling (albeit injured in the spring) true freshman or even sophomore Leal, but I think we should still get a great return on his scholarship in his upper class years. This is mostly based on how insanely disruptive he was as a nose tackle at Katy, and I think once he catches up physically and mentally, he'll be disruptive at the next level for several years. 

I don’t disagree with your evaluation of him as a player,  but I don’t buy him staying for 5 years. Almost No one does that if they already had good production before then.

If he’s even already given us two good years after his redshirt junior year, he’ll declare. Hell, he might declare after his RS sophomore year if he’s solid this year and good the year after. 

Anyways, I’m not saying Ojomo is bad. He was a good take, and I’m happy to have him but we need more guys who are ready to contribute early and be elite difference makers during most of their time here if we want to get this program back to national title contention, which I think everyone would agree is the goal moving forward, starting in 2020. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

The problem is that you fail to consider that most DL shouldn't be forced to play until year 2 or 3. Shockingly Lawrence's best season was his freshmen year as well. By the time most of these high level recruits reach their Jr. season, they are thinking more about the NFL than college teams.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Guys like Ta'quon Graham, Moro Ojomo, Jacoby Jones, T'Vondre Sweat, Myron Warren, etc. are nice players and most teams would be lucky to have them, but they aren't on the same level as prospects like Leal, Broughton and Collins. 

Recency bias with Broughton vs. Ojomo and Jones for sure.  Broughton has a lot of projectable upside because of his height/length but Ojomo has more athleticism and Ojomo's SR season between the chalk was much more impressive than Broughton's. Ojomo's testing numbers are better -- fwiw Broughton basically tests athletically identical to T'Vondre Sweat (Broughton -- 40: 5.03 -- Shuttle: 4.75 --Vertical: 24.4” -- Power Ball: 42.0’). Broughton has got a lot of recent hype from the 9.95ers but I think he's rated too high right now at 10 (and I'll feel that way if he commits to Texas as well). He simply doesn't have the kind of athleticism to warrant a top 10 ranking in Texas, nor does he have the film/play on the field for it. There's A LOT of projection in his ranking and his recent Sparq results were not what was expected. He certainly isn't some kind of can't miss next level player that is clearly and markedly better than Ojomo and/or Jones. 

I'm not saying everything is rosy in DL-ville but I'd hold off on Broughton being a clear demarcation between what we have and what we want. Collins? Sure.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I think Sweat is in that conversation. 

I have seen him play several times. 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Recency bias with Broughton vs. Ojomo and Jones for sure.  Broughton has a lot of projectable upside because of his height/length but Ojomo has more athleticism and Ojomo's SR season between the chalk was much more impressive than Broughton's. Ojomo's testing numbers are better -- fwiw Broughton basically tests athletically identical to T'Vondre Sweat (Broughton -- 40: 5.03 -- Shuttle: 4.75 --Vertical: 24.4” -- Power Ball: 42.0’). Broughton has got a lot of recent hype from the 9.95ers but I think he's rated too high right now at 10 (and I'll feel that way if he commits to Texas as well). He simply doesn't have the kind of athleticism to warrant a top 10 ranking in Texas, nor does he have the film/play on the field for it. There's A LOT of projection in his ranking and his recent Sparq results were not what was expected. He certainly isn't some kind of can't miss next level player that is clearly and markedly better than Ojomo and/or Jones. 

I'm not saying everything is rosy in DL-ville but I'd hold off on Broughton being a clear demarcation between what we have and what we want. Collins? Sure.  

I'm a Broughton truther, but what I like about him is he moves and looks like he's 6'5 250, when he's actually ~280. Dudes going to keep the same athleticism, if not improve upon it, at 315. 

He's more potential than being good at football, especially compared to guys like Leal, Sweat, Collins, and Ojomo who are/were extremely productive, but Broughton's athleticm ceiling surpasses everyone mentioned above, imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bear19 said:

I have seen him play several times. 

Sweat was ranked low because he tested poorly at a Rivals camp his Sophomore year and never attended another camp.  His Sr. tape was better than anyone in-state last year outside of Leal.

Warren looks like a future bad ass and J. Jones will give us minutes.

Mpagi is still TBD imo.  Could be another 2-3 years before he's giving us minutes.

3/4 of the guys last class will be contributors/starters IMO.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sweat was ranked low because he tested poorly at a Rivals camp his Sophomore year and never attended another camp.  His Sr. tape was better than anyone in-state last year outside of Leal.

Mpagi is still TBD imo.  Could be another 2-3 years before he's giving us minutes.

3/4 of the guys last class will be contributors/starters IMO.

Mpagi looks like a stud 4-3 DE. It'll probably take awhile for him to bulk up to proper 4i size, but maybe they'll use him as a situational edge rusher earlier 

Thoughts from various recruiting sites this morning:

Bijan Robinson is visiting for the Spring Game with his head coach and two assistant coaches. I'd love to get him in the bag early, and then go after Zach Evans with a bird in hand. 

Josh White told TFB that he's not visiting any of Texas, OU, or A&M for the weekend of the 12th spring games. Seems like he's close to announcing for LSU. I like him, hopefully he waits too long as loses his LSU spot. 

Based on quotes from awhile back, it seemed like Jalen Kimber was a Bama lean if they decided to push. However, they already have three corners committed, which with Bama, doesn't always mean a lot because they'll drop a guy in a second if a better prospect comes along, but it makes our job easier. He's visiting Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Auburn, and Florida soon, so any of those schools could easily catch his eye, and some of them could sell an easier depth chart than us, especially if we land Ringo, but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that we'll land the rich man's Marcus Banks

Xavion Alford visited Bama this past weekend I think, and is now locked in for their Spring Game, which is the same weekend as Texas, A&M, and OU. He's cousins with Jaylen Waddle. Not sure if he's Bama good though. 

Ty Jordan visited USC this past weekend. He's a great fit in their new air raid offense, and I think that actually might be a recruitment to watch. I'd love to add him as a 3rd RB, with Mookie as the slot take, although I'm not sure how realistic that would be. 

Edited by Fud
  • Like 1

TFB on DL negative recruiting:

There is some unrest among the Longhorn Nation with rumors swirling that Texas may no longer be sitting pretty for a few of their main Defensive Line targets.

I cannot confirm nor deny those rumors. What I can confirm is what is being pitched to these players while they are on campus. Texas A&M, in particular, is doing a very good job of selling Defensive Linemen on a scheme difference between the two programs.

After speaking with a player that has visited College Station this spring, I was told that it is being emphasized to visiting DL prospects that Texas DC Todd Orlando prefers for his Linemen to be guys that occupy blockers to free up the Linebackers. In contrast, A&M is recruiting guys that they want to turn loose to be able to get up the field and create havoc in opposing backfields. A&M is selling players on being the next Myles Garrett (#1 pick) and the opportunity to play in the perceived best conference.

If you were a teenage Defensive Line recruit, with the goal of playing in the NFL one day, which option would be more appealing to you? Texas is still very much in the picture for both of these guys, but it is going to be tougher than many may have realized.

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/03/open-post-tuesday-march-26th/

2020 RB Bijan Robinson | Update
– Super K

2020 RB, Bijan Robinson (Salpointe Catholic HS, AZ) is one of the best running backs in the country.

I had a chance to see Robinson a couple months back and very well put together RB who comes from an athletic pedigree. His father played at Arizona. His grandfather happens to be a PAC 12 official.

Robinson’s head coach, Dennis Bene tells me that he and two assistant coaches from the Salpointe Catholic staff will accompany Bijan on an unofficial visit to Texas for the April 13th Spring game.

The visit will be an unofficial visit. That’s pretty significant given the fact that some of the other schools he’s interested have not and according to his mother, will not, receive an unofficial visit.

He will be accompanied by his Salpointe Catholic teammate, 2021 offensive tackle Jonah Miller, who unofficially visited for a junior day earlier this year.

I’ll have more on Robinson soon.

A one two punch of Bijan and Zach Evans could be quite devastating.

Josh White | Trending
– Super K

Going into this recent LSU visit, I felt the battle for 2020 LB, Josh White (Cypress Creek) would end up being a Red River Battle.

In fact, just last week Josh told me he was trying to decide on whether to attend the Texas or OU Spring game.

I checked in with Josh today and it sounds like he may not be attending either.

LSU made quite the impression, he tells me.

It’s something that isn’t necessarily out of the blue, as Josh’s mother’s family is a Demas (he’s related to Demond Demas) and they’re from Louisiana.

In fact, the first time I spoke with Josh he mentioned growing up a bit of an LSU fan.

He said about the LSU visit that outside of liking LSU, in general, as a program, he feels like there is a real need at his position.

You can bet that Texas and OU are going to continue to fight but right now this one is trending in a different direction.

I will note that Josh is undecided about when he wants to announce. He said it could be soon or he could wait until the end of the school year.

Obviously, the longer he takes, the better it is for other programs like OU and Texas to restablish themselves in the fight.

Jahari Rogers | Spring Game Visit
– Super K

In what is a bit of a surprise, 2020 DB, Jahari Rogers (Arlington) who had originally told me he would be at the OU Spring Game, has informed that he has decided to instead attend the Texas Spring Game.

As you know, Rogers is an OU legacy and I’ve always felt the Sooners would be tough to beat in this one.

I’d still say they are the team to beat, but it would be naive to think that this isn’t an advantage for Texas, especially given the fact that Rogers will likely announce before the season.

It’s very clear to me that Herman, Jason Washington and Rashaad Samples are doing some serious work here.

Rogers, unsolicited, offered these thoughts on his relationship wish Samples, “A lot of credit goes to coach Samples because coach Samples, I’ve been talking to him since the beginning of my junior season. I’ve always had a tight relationship with him. He really can’t see me or anything but that on campus recruiting, I felt really tight with him. Coach Samples takes things to whole other level when I stepped on campus. As soon as I got out the truck he was there. He makes it special”.

Other schools to watch here are LSU, Baylor and TCU.

I maintain this one ends up being a Red River Battle and it’s looking closer than I perhap would have expected.

We should know much more after these April visits as Rogers will visit both Texas (again, Spring Game) and OU for a practice.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB on DL negative recruiting:

Reveal hidden contents

There is some unrest among the Longhorn Nation with rumors swirling that Texas may no longer be sitting pretty for a few of their main Defensive Line targets.

I cannot confirm nor deny those rumors. What I can confirm is what is being pitched to these players while they are on campus. Texas A&M, in particular, is doing a very good job of selling Defensive Linemen on a scheme difference between the two programs.

After speaking with a player that has visited College Station this spring, I was told that it is being emphasized to visiting DL prospects that Texas DC Todd Orlando prefers for his Linemen to be guys that occupy blockers to free up the Linebackers. In contrast, A&M is recruiting guys that they want to turn loose to be able to get up the field and create havoc in opposing backfields. A&M is selling players on being the next Myles Garrett (#1 pick) and the opportunity to play in the perceived best conference.

If you were a teenage Defensive Line recruit, with the goal of playing in the NFL one day, which option would be more appealing to you? Texas is still very much in the picture for both of these guys, but it is going to be tougher than many may have realized.

This shouldn't be too difficult to counter; "we run the same defensive front that Bama, Georgia, and LSU run"

It's interesting that Jimbo keeps recruiting 3-4 DL for his 4-3 scheme. You don't see Clemson and Ohio State doing that, they recruit guys who fit well in their system

• Like 1

15 hours ago, golfclap said:

Recency bias with Broughton vs. Ojomo and Jones for sure.  Broughton has a lot of projectable upside because of his height/length but Ojomo has more athleticism and Ojomo's SR season between the chalk was much more impressive than Broughton's.

15 hours ago, Bear19 said:

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

13 hours ago, Fud said:

Mpagi looks like a stud 4-3 DE.

Right, every low 4 star/high 3 star we sign is a diamond in the rough or an [insert NFL player]-starter kit and was just improperly ranked due to bias, incompetency, it rained on the day they tested, etc. - signed every college football fan base.  Look, I'm not saying any one of these guys in particular won't turn out to be a star. It's certainly possible we hit on one or more. But, if the goal is to have an elite defensive line, we are not taking the path of least resistance.    

8 hours ago, CastHorn said:

Sweat, Warren, Ojomo, Coburn, Bimage, Graham, and Ossasi are cochino in the trenches. I think stars skew your perspective a bit, they are great fits for our defense. 

We really don't need to reopen the "debate" on the correlation between stars and outcome. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Thoughts from various recruiting sites this morning:

Bijan Robinson is visiting for the Spring Game with his head coach and two assistant coaches. I'd love to get him in the bag early, and then go after Zach Evans with a bird in hand. 

Josh White told TFB that he's not visiting any of Texas, OU, or A&M for the weekend of the 12th spring games. Seems like he's close to announcing for LSU. I like him, hopefully he waits too long as loses his LSU spot. 

Based on quotes from awhile back, it seemed like Jalen Kimber was a Bama lean if they decided to push. However, they already have three corners committed, which with Bama, doesn't always mean a lot because they'll drop a guy in a second if a better prospect comes along, but it makes our job easier. He's visiting Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Auburn, and Florida soon, so any of those schools could easily catch his eye, and some of them could sell an easier depth chart than us, especially if we land Ringo, but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that we'll land the rich man's Marcus Banks

Xavion Alford visited Bama this past weekend I think, and is now locked in for their Spring Game, which is the same weekend as Texas, A&M, and OU. He's cousins with Jaylen Waddle. Not sure if he's Bama good though. 

Ty Jordan visited USC this past weekend. He's a great fit in their new air raid offense, and I think that actually might be a recruitment to watch. I'd love to add him as a 3rd RB, with Mookie as the slot take, although I'm not sure how realistic that would be. 

Good stuff. Who else is Robinson high on? I haven’t heard much about him and other schools besides UCLA, which doesn’t scare me at all. Chip may not even remember to text him once a month. He’s like Giles except he’s hurting your most important recruitments and there’s no one above him on staff to get on him when he’s slacking. Anyways, has Robinson just not started the recruiting process much or are there other known favorites out there? He seems like the 5 star RB with the least competition from other schools, probably in part due to being in Arizona and USC being a mess.

Ringo, Kimber, Crawford would be an insane class. I’m not sure we get Kimber and I’ll be curious if we go for another CB or call it with the other two. I’m still of the opinion that Crawford could be the ideal nickel, but if Ringo is the only other CB in the class, I have a hard time believing the staff would have plans for him at Nickel, especially if Alford’s in the class.