Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

22 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Kelee Ringo commented on Lathan Ransom's Instagram post above that him, Bijan, and Lathan are all going to the ATX.

No jinkseys, but if last year taught me anything, comments like this lead only to severe disappointment. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 5

The more I think about it, the more I think Zach Evans (maybe unintentionally) was referring to the strength in our bagmen. He sees the top SEC teams putting numbers up that we aren’t matching and thinks “Yeah they’re not quite ready to win it all.”

47 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Zach Evans (maybe unintentionally) was referring to the strength in our bagmen. He sees the top SEC teams putting numbers up that we aren’t matching and thinks “Yeah they’re not quite ready to win it all.”

of course

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

yeah that’s it. 

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

You think that cookie cake is weak af until you realize there’s 10k under it. 

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Sir, why are all these $100 dolla bills so greasy?.

Uh. Georgia isnt smart enough to lay down something to protect their money. 

Shawshank-Pie-Bribe.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mr. sunshine said:

e611fe0386758572623cb186e6565c77.png

Completely forgot about that kid. Looks like he's done pretty good at Mizzou so far. 

2018 SEASON
Impact player in the trenches who developed throughout the course of his first season in the Mizzou program, and was named 2nd-Team All-SEC by one media outlet after a season that included 24 tackles, eight tackles for loss (third on the team) and three quarterback sacks … Pro Football Focus graded him out highest among all Mizzou defenders for the season, at 88.8% … Won SEC Defensive Player of the Week honors for his massive game in the regular-season finale against Arkansas … In that game, helped the Tigers pitch their first shutout in conference play since 2010 by making five tackles, four of which went for loss, including three sacks … His second-quarter blind-side sack jarred the ball loose and ended in a fumble recovery for a touchdown by teammate Akial Byers to make the score 21-0 … Also had a five-tackle game at South Carolina (10/6), including 1.5 tackles for loss … Added a tackle for loss at No. 1 Alabama (10/13) ... Majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies at Mizzou.

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Completely forgot about that kid. Looks like he's done pretty good at Mizzou so far. 

2018 SEASON
Impact player in the trenches who developed throughout the course of his first season in the Mizzou program, and was named 2nd-Team All-SEC by one media outlet after a season that included 24 tackles, eight tackles for loss (third on the team) and three quarterback sacks … Pro Football Focus graded him out highest among all Mizzou defenders for the season, at 88.8% … Won SEC Defensive Player of the Week honors for his massive game in the regular-season finale against Arkansas … In that game, helped the Tigers pitch their first shutout in conference play since 2010 by making five tackles, four of which went for loss, including three sacks … His second-quarter blind-side sack jarred the ball loose and ended in a fumble recovery for a touchdown by teammate Akial Byers to make the score 21-0 … Also had a five-tackle game at South Carolina (10/6), including 1.5 tackles for loss … Added a tackle for loss at No. 1 Alabama (10/13) ... Majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies at Mizzou.

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

2018 SEASON

I still don't understand why he took off so soon, considering he 1st committed to Herman at UH. I guess his relationship with Haley was that good.

29 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I still don't understand why he took off so soon, considering he 1st committed to Herman at UH. I guess his relationship with Haley was that good.

I think this was around the time Herman/Orlando were slimming the D-linemen down. They wanted him to play DE and get down to 270-280 ish lbs, he said nothing doing and Haley was able to convince him to take off.

Herman didn't seem very invested in trying to get him to stay, so who knows.

Edited by satyanash

-TFB says Wilson UOV is going great and sources say it’s down to Texas and Oregon

-they also say broughton is having a good time at arky and there’s rumors (that they won’t substantiate) that he gave a silent...doubtful 

-expect good news on JQJ tomorrow which will lead to a very good summer (absolute huge get regardless of position)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

-TFB says Wilson UOV is going great and sources say it’s down to Texas and Oregon

-they also say broughton is having a good time at arky and there’s rumors (that they won’t substantiate) that he gave a silent...doubtful 

-expect good news on JQJ tomorrow which will lead to a very good summer (absolute huge get regardless of position)

No fucken way he goes to arky

Right?

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I would straight up laugh my ass off if arky and chad managed to pull broughton.

Suchomel posted this afternoon that Arkansas nailed the OV and that they're now a major playor for Broughton. I kind of shrugged because it's Arkansa but this quote from later is a bit more ominous: "He's definitely not all Texas. Let's see if this "high" wears off. Texas better hope so if it wants to land him."

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Suchomel posted this afternoon that Arkansas nailed the OV and that they're now a major playor for Broughton. I kind of shrugged because it's Arkansa but this quote from later is a bit more ominous: "He's definitely not all Texas. Let's see if this "high" wears off. Texas better hope so if it wants to land him."

Given how hard Texas has been recruiting Broughton, I can't see him ultimately going Pig. I may be wrong. But I doubt it.