Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

35 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Well, recruiting related, Princely U tweeted out about maybe committing sooner than his Oct. 15th date.

I just can't get worked up one way or the other about Princely U. Projecting his upside is murky to me so I won't be bothered if he goes elsewhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I just can't get worked up one way or the other about Princely U. Projecting his upside is murky to me so I won't be bothered if he goes elsewhere.

He'd be a nice get IMO.  Like @golfclap said probably not a starter until year 3-4, but at worse someone who could rotate in and give snaps at the 4i.  Comparison is Graham IMO. 

I like the kid from Utah.  He looks pretty quick and disruptive off the ball.  I noted before, but he ran a 4.25 shuttle.  

I'm not sure what to think with Logan-Redding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jester’s Inn said:

Doesn’t BC have one “shhhsss” out?   Does anyone else think there should be a 7 day limits of these?  I mean I’ll go out on a limb and give 20 shhhsss for the 2021 class 

One is CTJ, I believe. I think that's what most here agree on. No clue about the other. Dude from Missouri, maybe?

6 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Just doing it for his high school coaches.

They told him to drop the outliers and throw a bone to the in-state teams for the betterment of future prospects.  

Difference is we can see it for what it is while aggy has to aggy and thinks they lead.

Never count baggins out recruiting the best of the best.  They are going taking the fight to the front steps of the big dogs because, well.... because they're a big dog now.

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Considering CTJ’s posts the last few days have basically been, “Here’s what Dr. Loomis used to tell me about sociopaths back when he still thought he could reach me”, I am not sure escalating is a good idea.  

buffalobill1.jpg?resize=800,423&ssl=1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Aggyism requires ingestion or injection to take a solid hold on a host. Airborne exposure is unavoidable and easily fought off with a functioning immune system.

I view it as being sort of like the Mind Flayer from the last two seasons of Stranger Things.

Except weirder, more unnerving, and grosser.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jinx said:

I believe it was the LACK of meltdowns actually, which puts us squarely on depression moving toward acceptance 

Acceptance. Even the 9.95’ers are struggling to peddle false hope on Broughton and other recruits. 

17 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

buffalobill1.jpg?resize=800,423&ssl=1

16 hours ago, Bevo said:

Pic of CTJ, in case you are interested. PS Sorry to dox:

c90f37cb-741c-4f94-958f-90daac70031d_rw_

You’re all going to wish we had a full blown psychopath in our recruiting corner once the aggie bbq results unfold. This thread has been remarkably stable for the shitshow of summer, but it’s got the potential to come completely unhinged by month’s end. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I liked it when he threw the knife through the guy's chest and said "stick around". It's funny because he's stuck to the wall and dead and thus won't be going anywhere. It's also what I would like to do to most of you in this thread. 

Looks like we have the first match against CTJ

18 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

So aggy has a BBQ and we have a pool party at some apartment complex? Is that accurate? 

We could have Franklin's cater and have a competing BBQ party. But it isn't about the BBQ, it is about the friends you make along the way.