Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

SIAP, but sounds like Alford will be an EE.

Here's the current list. I think Princely is still a little up in the air, as is Quentin Johnston who I'm leaving off for now. Keeping Evans and Washington on here for now, for shits and gigs. 

Hudson Card
Logan Parr
Jake Majors
Ja'Quinden Jackson
Vernon Broughton
Princely Umanmielen

Xavion Alford

Zach Evans
Bryson Washington

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jojen said:

Why would the coaches take Eaton’s commitment if they thought we still had a shot with Ringo? But stranger shit has happened, so who knows.

I seriously doubt that there is any possibility of landing Ringo, but with a smaller class by design, you have the luxury of taking best available type guys on top of your roster needs. The only thing you risk then is attrition.

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I seriously doubt that there is any possibility of landing Ringo, but with a smaller class by design, you have the luxury of taking best available type guys on top of your roster needs. The only thing you risk then is attrition.

Or heading to the end of fall camp there is a better picture of what the attrition will be to know if more can be taken.

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Or heading to the end of fall camp there is a better picture of what the attrition will be to know if more can be taken.

We'll see what playing time looks like this year, but both Jamison and Boyce could be candidates

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

We'll see what playing time looks like this year, but both Jamison and Kobe could be candidates

There are going to be two solid attrition candidates out of our CB room--two of Jamison, Green, Boyce, or Cook.  Only way that doesn't happen, in my view, is if the starters turn out to be Green and Cook and Jamison is convinced he has a future at Nickel.

5 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

There are going to be two solid attrition candidates out of our CB room--two of Jamison, Green, Boyce, or Cook.  Only way that doesn't happen, in my view, is if the starters turn out to be Green and Cook and Jamison is convinced he has a future at Nickel.

Jamison only leaves if we land Ringo I think. I also don't expect Eaton to play corner 

Remaining Possibilities( however remote they may be).

Kelee Ringo

Jaylon Jones

Lathan Ransom

Joshua Eaton

Jahari Rogers

Chris Thompson Jr.

Jaxson Smith-NJigba

LV Bunkley-Shelton 

Javian Hester

Alfred Collins

Josh White

Noah Sewell

Justin Flowe

Ty Jordan

Jace McClellan

Zach Evans.

Just listing names that come up here as potential targets on our way to a class of 23 or so am I missing any names? 

2 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Remaining Possibilities( however remote they may be).

Kelee Ringo

Jaylon Jones

Lathan Ransom

Joshua Eaton

Jahari Rogers

Chris Thompson Jr.

Jaxson Smith-NJigba

LV Bunkley-Shelton 

Javian Hester

Alfred Collins

Josh White

Noah Sewell

Justin Flowe

Ty Jordan

Jace McClellan

Zach Evans.

Just listing names that come up here as potential targets on our way to a class of 23 or so am I missing any names? 

I know we have Collins in the calculator, but I think the fallback option if disaster strikes is the DL from Missouri, Redding. 

Just now, texifornia said:

I mean there's remote and then there's whatever the heck this is. On Pluto?

Just listing players names that had come up in the last 2 pages of the thread.

Sewell, Flowe and White always come up when LB recruiting is brought up.

Ringo will not go away til he officially chooses Georgia.

Before Bijon the IT guys were big on flipping MClellan

Ransom, was much discussed but obviously since taking two safeties that might subside.

Jones was rumored to be attending the LSU game with the Stearns family and looking around last week.

Thompson could be linebacker recruiting/does Texas still push?

If Texas takes Eaton are they still trying to get Rogers?

all worthwhile discussion for this thread.

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I know we have Collins in the calculator, but I think the fallback option if disaster strikes is the DL from Missouri, Redding. 

If some crazy shit happened and we missed on Collins I’m pretty sure we’d just stand pat at 3 on the DL unless somebody blows up on senior film. 

Edited by bEastTexas

15 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

If some crazy shit happened and we missed on Collins I’m pretty sure we’d just stand pat at 3 on the DL unless somebody blows up on senior film. 

That would be my guess. But, we aren't missing on Collins.