Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

29 minutes ago, Caddox said:

The real X factor in this class rests on the waiver we have filed to allow Card to use a middle school ball during NCAA play. That goes through......look out.

now, THIS is the kind of inside info i am willing to pay for. where should i send my $9.95?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Thought I was pretty neutral on Broughton's recent interest. Feeling doubtful and restrained. Then I read the comments on this...

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/LongFormArticle/Texas-AM-Aggies-football-recruiting-Vernon-Broughton-Yolanda-Wells-Broughton-133607487/#133607487_2

Goddamn if I don't hate those mechanic fucks. Monday will be a real challenge.

this guy must not read much

Regardless of where he ends up that is one of if not the best articles I have ever read and I have been on the boards for about 15 years. Great job Damon.

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

Been checking around with a number of different sources this morning. Here's what I'm hearing ...

I mentioned earlier in the week that Broughton could announce as early as next week. That looks like it will be the case. I'm hearing it'll probably be Monday, but things could get pushed back a day or so if necessary. Regardless, we should have our final answer at some point early next week.

I'm hearing from multiple sources that there is growing confidence on the UT side. Conversely, when I spoke with an A&M source this morning, I was told that there's a feeling that the Aggies' confidence has dwindled from where it was about a week ago.

As I've said before, this was always going to be a family decision and the input from Broughton's mother and grandmother was going to weigh heavily into the final choice. It sounds like the family has come to a decision, and now it's just a matter of Vernon putting the finishing touches on some things and announcing his choice next week. Ohio State has been a school that he's really liked, but I don't think there's any way he goes that far from home, so this one will come down to Texas or Texas A&M and there's confidence in Austin. Buckle up.

Holy fuck. So he never thought he would go far away from home, but last week said Texas trailed Ohio State. It's amazing how stupid these mother fuckers are.

If Broughton does commit to Texas it will be interesting to see which is funnier, aggy tears or the section of Texas fans that will try to come up with reasons to discredit Giles in this recruitment.

31 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Nothing about this recruitment has led me to believe that VBII isn't a man of his word. Whomever he picks probably gets his signature.

I agree with what people are saying about the character of Vernon and his family. What I meant was that teams will not give up on him and, if he goes aggy now, I don't think his Mom would not put up much fuss if he wants to switch to Texas come signing day. 

Edited by Sock Monkey
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy fuck. So he never thought he would go far away from home, but last week said Texas trailed Ohio State. It's amazing how stupid these mother fuckers are.

If Broughton does commit to Texas it will be interesting to see which is funnier, aggy tears or the section of Texas fans that will try to come up with reasons to discredit Giles in this recruitment.

I really wish people here would stop paying attention to Suchomel and OB/Rivals in general. They don't know anything.

• Like 1

Still hate missing on Bijan (the remaining target I was hoping for most), but we could be in for a nice run with Dorbah, possibly Broughton (I'll believe this when it's announced), Thompson, and Lindberg. Hopefully that would help build some momentum with others, including 2021s.

Also this class could end up with a crazy high average rating despite no 5 stars.

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Still hate missing on Bijan (the remaining target I was hoping for most), but we could be in for a nice run with Dorbah, possibly Broughton (I'll believe this when it's announced), Thompson, and Lindberg. Hopefully that would help build some momentum with others, including 2021s.

Also this class could end up with a crazy high average rating despite no 5 stars.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

FWIW, and beliiiiieeeeve me, this is a HY.PO.THET.ICAL, the Texas staff has never once thought Broughton was heading elsewhere.  Of course, they also still think they’re landing Robinson. So, yeah. 

According to CTJ we are getting Robinson too. He's calling it his Lock of the Week. 

YPy36szlti9eeZ5EaEnAVU4dTWSrrPM_xrQRnTN1

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Goddamnit. Don't you fucking do this to me, 'bot. I'm not ready to board the fucking hype train at this time, no matter how it might seem that someone could possibly be in Austin to film a video inside DKR. 

He's just going in for leg day with Yancy before committing to Aggy.

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I will say, if word got out that Broughton was headed to Austin today, that sure would explain a lot of the "I'm hearing things are trending towards Texas" posts from this morning...

Hamm followed him all the way down 290, probably. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Sorry to burst bubbles, but it looks like he might have used a picture that he saved and edited it. For example: an office chair picture I took last year

image0.jpg

Yeah, but I fail to see your point. He still edited to say "Greetings from Austin." I don't think the carpet and shoes are important as how he edited it.